Britishbeef
+0|6818|Err...Britain
I would like to see a battleship map, sort of like "the Battle of Midway" on 1942.  It could be between the US and PLA.  (I know they are adding Wake Island but will it have battleships and subs or just a carrier?)  I think it would add a bit more to the game than just all out ground/air assault because the PIB boats really are rubbish and dont have the same impact as a battleship with 12 cannons.
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6864|Australia
yeah big boat fights would be cool
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6851
I agree they should keep with the Battlefield tradition and have boat fights. I loved having boat fights.. that's the only reason I liked wake and all those on 1942. never cared much for the ground/air combat on them.
did Vietnam have boats?

Last edited by =[4th]=SlayThem (2005-09-30 02:07:37)

Lt.Doomahs
+0|6826
Yea Vietnam did have a few boats some small boats that just transport. The best of the boats was the Little green speed boats that had a 360 double cannon gun up front and a rear gunner.

But you guys do know that the BF2 SpecOps has 4 wheelers and jet skies right.

Last edited by Lt.Doomahs (2005-09-30 09:26:24)

Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6864|Australia
Yeah we know but we want big boats with big cannons, like really big boats with really big cannons, lol meh i just wanna drive the carrier thinggy
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6859|Missoula, MT
Nothing funnier than driving that big boat into the middle of the harbor and running aground!
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6857|Pittsburgh, PA, USA
I can see the TK's now... we TK with little tanks and cars... imagine running a carrier into a land firefight? xxx has been kicked for excessive team killing.
Britishbeef
+0|6818|Err...Britain
Maybe they could add controlable cruise missiles like on Desert Combat to all the ships and then you could tk with style
Donnyboy
+1|6804
12 cannons, AND controlable cruise missiles? Let's not get crazy. lol.

Big boat fights were a blast, with 12 engineers on deck doing everything they could to keep it floating...

Last edited by Donnyboy (2005-09-30 11:05:58)

bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6857|Pittsburgh, PA, USA
BTW, George Carlin? Nice sig Donnyboy.
Donnyboy
+1|6804
Naaww! It's from the movie "Airplane!" I'm a flight instructor and we all pull a lot out of that movie for humor, ie the leading character's drinking "problem".

Last edited by Donnyboy (2005-09-30 18:33:01)

McCullough
+7|6856
Add som proppeled planes, the jets are so very fast, i miss the dogfights from bf42 when you had nothing but you machineguns, Would be coll if the added a map like Coral Sea with boats and planes.
Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod
+6|6826|Lake Constanze, Germany
Ok, lets stay on topic: tbh yeah, i liked battleship fights, hunting them with my gunboat,
driving that big carrier or driving my sub and firing those neat tomahawks 
Will there be some in Wake 2007? Naaa, don't think so....
Perhaps in future? Who knows.....
Perhaps in some mods like DC.....

Here is another interesting thread: 'Would like to see some BF 1942 maps come back!

Greetz,
Agent
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6803|Perth, Western Australia
I had a thought for a map:

An ocean, and then a series of carriers, and each carrier has a cp. Of course choppers would rule on this map, so there would have to be some balancing factor like a lot of AA
Britishbeef
+0|6818|Err...Britain
Sounds ok but capturing carriers is a bit odd.  Maybe if there is just ocean with flags, sort of like midway on 1942 but without any islands.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard