RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6572|Area 51
Hey all,

I did search for this, but I came up with about a billion pages of fraps problem and couldn't be bothered to go through all of them to find the exact same problem, if it was posted at all .
Anyway here we go, so when I am recording footage with fraps and watch it after wards the file seems corrupted. I can still actually play the file with Windows Media Player but the movie has all kinds of colored spikes going through it and the video just seems fucked up. The sound is still ok though. Might this be because I am using RAID 0? Performance in game while recording is manageable, not perfect but its ok, its only that the vid after wards is completely screwed. Does anyone know about this problem, does it have to do with fraps? I've tried reinstalling, but it didn't work.

Thanks in advance,
geNius
..!.,
+144|6449|SoCal
Have you tried compressing it and viewing that?
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
RDMC
+736|6572|Area 51

geNius wrote:

Compress it to Divx or something?
geNius
..!.,
+144|6449|SoCal

RDMC wrote:

geNius wrote:

Yes, anything, just to get the file size down, making sure it's not because you are playing a file that is several gb in size.  Most systems have difficulties playing back uncompressed videos of ridiculous size.
RDMC
+736|6572|Area 51

geNius wrote:

RDMC wrote:

geNius wrote:

Yes, anything, just to get the file size down, making sure it's not because you are playing a file that is several gb in size.  Most systems have difficulties playing back uncompressed videos of ridiculous size.
Mmm, sounds reasonable, but it happens to any size of file. I have a 58mb AVI file and it still gets the same problems.
Btw, fraps allways seemed to work fine before. And I think that was pre-RAID 0 setup.

Last edited by RDMC (2008-03-21 14:06:22)

geNius
..!.,
+144|6449|SoCal

RDMC wrote:

Mmm, sounds reasonable, but it happens to any size of file. I have a 58mb AVI file and it still gets the same problems.
Btw, fraps allways seemed to work fine before. And I think that was pre-RAID 0 setup.
While it could be a RAID 0 problem, it is unlikely.  Typically, it'd be a driver conflict between your RAID and video card as your disks write the Fraps data.
RDMC
+736|6572|Area 51

geNius wrote:

RDMC wrote:

While it could be a RAID 0 problem, it is unlikely.  Typically, it'd be a driver conflict between your RAID and video card as your disks write the Fraps data.
So it is more likely to be a driver problem?
geNius
..!.,
+144|6449|SoCal

RDMC wrote:

geNius wrote:

RDMC wrote:

Most likely, yes.  I'd consider trying the newest beta or reverting to the last WHQL.
RDMC
+736|6572|Area 51

geNius wrote:

RDMC wrote:

geNius wrote:

Most likely, yes.  I'd consider trying the newest beta or reverting to the last WHQL.
Okey, thank you. I will give it a try tomorrow. Thanks for all your help
RDMC
+736|6572|Area 51
Mmm..I downloaded Virtual Dub as Fraps FAQ suggested and now it runs fine. Even though it still it shit on Windows Media Player O.o

Last edited by RDMC (2008-03-25 03:45:37)

signa
~~~~~
+50|6736|Michigan, USA
sounds like the fraps codec is not installed on windows media player, hence the corruption in playback.
ReTox
+100|6506|State of RETOXification

signa wrote:

sounds like the fraps codec is not installed on windows media player, hence the corruption in playback.
Yep, ran into this myself once. 

Fraps wasn't using a codec early in it's life and was dumping uncompressed images to the AVI stream.  They added some lossless compression (Huffy tables I believe) and that requires a codec.  VirtualDub should show the codecs installed (CTRL-P) and you need to see "Fraps Video Decompressor" in the codecs list.  Reinstall Fraps to be sure it is installed correctly.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6627|Mhz

I have this too, though I didn't used to, it only arose after I wen't from media player 9 to 11, before then it played them all fine.

Download VLC and play them in that, it should play them fine.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard