Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438

GGF0RCE wrote:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=500000+euros+in+dollars&btnG=Google+Search

Holy flying crap, rich kid
more like
avman633
+116|6334
Thankfully, my parents are not divorced.
Defiance
+438|6641

Mine did when I was around four. Sucked, though I grew up for the most part with my Dad and now live with my Mom so I'm getting just as much both ways before I hit college. No matter what, unless it's a violence case, I think it's totally wrong for parents to split when there are kids in the picture. For the hope of problems being worked out in time, which they probably will. Though I speak from experience when I say it completely sucks growing up with one parent.
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6418

Nope, and they will neva be.
tiptopT
+72|6552|Scotland's Capital
Yup mine are, after 32 years of marriage.  Mums good and my dad found his feet about 6 - 8 months ago.  Was hard seeing my dad that way but there is only so much you can do to help.  They live within 10 minutes drive of each other because they each help my older sister with her 3 kids.  They stayed together until my wee sister moved to London.  Don't know how they managed.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6520|CH/BR - in UK

Mine split back in 2000 - Millennium celebration, eh?
Anyhow, my mom and dad are friends, so it's ok, although it took a bit for them to get to that stage. Even though my mom was not doing too well for the first month or two.

It made me appreciate my dad more, for some reason, but not my mom...

edit:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

GGF0RCE wrote:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=500000+euros+in+dollars&btnG=Google+Search

Holy flying crap, rich kid
more like
You have to take into account that here, you get more and pay more...

-konfsion

Last edited by konfusion (2008-03-21 06:35:37)

F1r3f0xx
+3|6540
A family staying together seems to be getting rarer and rarer these days. My best friend's parents are split, but mine are still together, and my Dad's nearly 50. My brother's off to uni and I'm nearing that stage, and I can positively say they still love each other. My Dad's parents divorced and remarried though. When I was younger I thought it was normal to have three sets of grandparents XD
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6680|Sweden

FatherTed wrote:

And in some ways, now the splits happened, the arguements have stopped, and everythings a lot more peaceful now.

What are your experiences?
Change the some to all. Was a good thing to happen.
Dragonclaw
+186|6275|Florida
Mine are.

Im glad.
FallenMorgan
+53|5884|Glendale, CA
What I hate is joint custody, kids having to go back and forth all the time.  I saw on tv this thing where this couple had two little girls, they split up, and now the dad has a new wife who's pregnant and whatnot.  I find it a little sick when children are used as bargaining tools.
v3kt0r
+7|6197|in a cave w/ my guns & dope

GGF0RCE wrote:

v3kt0r wrote:

my folks are dead, which is why I live in a cave w/ my guns and dope.
And a pc for bf2 and pron right?
It's true though my folks are gone.  I wish they were just divorced and alive.  This type of situation puts a lot of stress on a family, especially the kids.  Divorce is such a prevelant thing these days, and it affects millions of households.  It has affected many of you here, and it breaks my heart to hear that.  The legacies that our parents will leave us, will be the one true battle throughout our lives.  Our job is to learn from the mistakes they have made, so that we can become stronger and better individuals.   If we do not understand our history, how will we ever know where we are going.

* On a brighter note yes my cave is equipped with a monster pc and a 6mb dsl line.  Perfect for my BF2 addiction as well as internet boobies.
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6242
Yes they are.Was my dads fault(cheated on my mum) but I still like him.Hes a pretty cool guy.
Schwarzelungen
drunklenglungen
+133|6266|Bloomington Indiana
yes, they split when i was 13

the past 10 years have been pretty rough, but hey. im a stronger person because of it
karl
+11|6478|Oslo-Norway

v3kt0r wrote:

my folks are dead, which is why I live in a cave w/ my guns and dope.
Yo ganster get rich or die trying...
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
Nope, but they might aswell be.

I remember seeing a topic on this before, but I cant be arsed to search

Last edited by Mek-Izzle (2008-03-21 11:47:02)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614
raised by a single mother.
commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6383|Michigan, USA

sexecuti0ner wrote:

My parents got divorced when I was just over 1 year old.  It's been this way all my life (all that I can remember, anyways), so I guess I'm just used to it.
Same for me, except it happened somewhere around when I was about 4 (give or take a year, not quite sure).

If given the option, I think I would rather have it happen at a really young age (no more than 5 years old) than older - you'd be used to living that way your whole life, instead of having both parents until your teens and then have them split or something like that.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6459|Gogledd Cymru

Yeah my mum had an affair, then she stabbed my dad in the shoulder with a biro (lolwut).

That's when he moved out, I like my dad more than my mum, as she is a total bitch. Can't wait for uni.
Hope_is_lost117
Psy squad
+49|5966|Belgium
Parents are still together I hope for ever...
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6364|The Gem Saloon

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Schwarzelungen
drunklenglungen
+133|6266|Bloomington Indiana
gahh.
all you kids with rich parents...im envious.

after my parents got divorced my mom had to support me and my two siblings, and pay for the house and shit, with an annual income of 35k
made me appreciate everything alot more.

not knocking ya guys or anything,
just saying i wish it was me 

ps my dad was a shitbag and paid child support on average once a year

Last edited by Schwarzelungen (2008-03-21 12:02:59)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614

Parker wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

wouldnt have had it any other way.
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6672

konfusion wrote:

-konfsion
Never seen you do that before!

Mine divorced when I was 11. It was horrible before with all the yelling and such.

We had just moved in to a huge house that both parents had saved up all their lives for and we were in in for less than a year, it was also the first time in my life I had my own roof and didn't have to share with my Bro.

My Dad refused to move out of the house and kicked my Mom out so we had to live in my Nans second house that she rented out (It was next door). She had never, ever got on with my Mom as she had an affair in the 70s when My Mom lived in South Africa so my Ma was foreced to come back to England leaving her Dad behind and hardly ever saw him again until he died in '96.

Not surprisingly my Nan kicked us out of that house after a pointless arguement and I lived in a homeless hostel for a couple of months. My Mom met my step-dad Steve while we were there (My Dad said she cheated on him with Steve, I got caught up on this and researched and found out this was impossible, my Mom stayed with us all the time as my sister was 5 and worked in the same school as us. Trust me she didn't).

Steve was a really great guy and said we could stay at his flat for a bit. This was great! He only had a one bedroomed house so it was Me and my bro sharing a sofa every night and my sis on the floor on a camp bed. Even though it was small it was great fun. Steve is still a really great guy who probably provides for me more than my Dad (He refuses to pay maintainance).

Eventually we got a small house in Great Wyrley, not the best place, but we all get on and have fun.

I see my Dad every 2 weeks in his small bungalow, it can be a bit awkward as he hasn;t been around to see us grow up from the age of 12 - 17 so he missed out on a lot. Though genrally we get along, though recently he just got a girlfriend who is alright, but not very talkative.

Wow, didn't think I'd write all of that on BF2s....
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6813|Reykjavík, Iceland.
My parents have been together since they were 20 and as far as I can tell, that's how it will stay, I'm lucky to have such a great family.
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6417|Boulder, CO
I never knew my birth dad, he left my mum before I was even born. Thankfully I've known my step dad since I was about 2 so I consider him my father and he's a great guy and he treats me exactly the same as my half brothers.

If I ever met my birth father I would probably beat the shit out of him.

All I know about him is that he's Irish and called David, ironically I have an uncle David, my step dads called David, and he has two mates called David. None of them are irish though.

Last edited by Noobeater (2008-03-21 13:16:57)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard