Poll

How'd you feel if they built a Mosque in your negihborhood?

I'd be mad and I'd complain about it14%14% - 48
I wouldn't care tbh55%55% - 184
I think it would improve the neighborhood2%2% - 9
Fuck Islam27%27% - 91
Total: 332
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5981|Toronto
I'd laugh my hat off. There are 22 houses in my neighbourhood, a swingset and a parking lot. That's it for a while. if they built one, they'd have to build a sewer system, a plumbing system, which means that I'd get it too. That would make me happy. But it'd be pretty cool. Our 2 stoners would hang around there 24/7, and our old lady would start calling me an infidel instead of a hooligan!
Yay, go right ahead please!
I like pie.
RECONDO67
+60|6637|miami FL
the only thing I can complaint. it's that Muslims love to fucking practice their religion around the world but they don't tolerate other religions.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6655

I wouldn't care, tbh. They have a right to their own space to pray and hold religious gatherings, just like everyone of every other religion has.

What they don't have is a right for special treatment, e.g. if their prayer calls (or whatever they are) broke local laws/codes that stated certain areas must stay within certain sound ranges (like churches who can't ring bells because it might "disturb the peace"), and they wanted to break those codes, I say nay.
Smithereener
+138|6316|California
I wouldn't care, within a one mile radius around my house, there are two churches and a Jehova's Witness... church I suppose (not sure what to call them). As long as they don't bother me or anything, I'll be cool and respect their religions.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6717
Let's be fair... they need a place to make plans to cleanse the world or infidels... lol... Why not in your town...?
Love is the answer
T1g3r217
Perpetual
+124|6422|My room
*sigh* not another one :-\
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6512|Gold Coast
I wouldnt care. My suburb isnt that big. We're a suburb in a suburb, really. But if it was in the bigger suburb, then I might be angry if it created more traffic, which I highly doubt anyone would use it anyway. I think there is like only one on the Coast anyway.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
eaglecorps
shotguns
+23|6244|TEXAS
I voted "Fuck Islam!"
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6685|Some where huntin in Wisconsin

David.P wrote:

Burn it.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Turquoise wrote:

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

A few years ago they built a Mosque 6 blocks away from my home (at that time I lived in another place).  First, I was like "wtf?  How come they build a Mosque here, in a Catholic country?"  Then, I never paid attention to it anymore.  In fact, I never saw anyone using the 4 blocks building.
Anyway, how would you feel if they built one in your neighborhood?
I do not want it in my country let alone my neighborhood. Islam is a religion that is 180 degrees out from what we as Americans practice morally, freely and equally.

I admit, my opinion contradicts a persons constitutional right to freedom of religion, but I feel the spirit of this assumes your freedom of religion does not hinder another persons freedoms, rights or privileges. Islam clearly does this.
Tell me how moderate or reformist Islam does this.
It is the moderates that are always offended by our way of life. It is the moderates that rioted over the cartoons. It is the moderates that ae always calling for censorship. It is the moderates that expect appeasment to accomadate them. It is this appeasment that takes away from our society as it has been established.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6646

RECONDO67 wrote:

the only thing I can complaint. it's that Muslims love to fucking practice their religion around the world but they don't tolerate other religions.
yeah u have a point there,
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6406|North Carolina

lowing wrote:

It is the moderates that are always offended by our way of life. It is the moderates that rioted over the cartoons. It is the moderates that ae always calling for censorship. It is the moderates that expect appeasment to accomadate them. It is this appeasment that takes away from our society as it has been established.
Those aren't moderates -- those are conservatives and extremists.  The moderates might have been offended by the cartoons, but a moderate does not react violently to a drawing.  That kind of action nullifies any sense of moderation.

I don't think you quite understand that the average Muslim isn't that different from the average Christian.  It's just the extremists and conservatives that typically make the news.  As long as a mosque isn't preaching hate, I don't have a problem with it, and I don't understand why you would.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS
He hasn't met a Muslim yet. When he does, I'd like him to say 'Oh, so you're a Muslim? But sorry, we don't allow Islam in America.'
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6543|Texas - Bigger than France
I think the only problem I have with it would be some a-hole would shoot at it or break the windows because of ignorance.  I like my newscasts to be less predictable.

"You can't put a mosque there!  We are Americans dammit!"

Yeah, fuck freedom of religion you suck bag...
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6530|Global Command
I'd be annoyed but would hope it was within pellet gun range.
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6723|Eastern PA
Meh...there's already one down the road, and a synagogue the other way, and a whole mess of churches in between.
Spark
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS

First few minutes especially.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6491|Menlo Park, CA
Would never happen where I live. . . . Too many Catholics would go apeshit!

First of all I live in one of the most expensive areas in the country (Menlo Park, CA) so building that would be a huge cost.  Not only that there arent very many Muslims where I live.  Lastly, the city of Menlo Park wouldnt put up with a terrorist shrine in our Christian community!!

Fuck Mosques and Fuck Islam! Mohammed is a false prophet and the doctrine he teaches is of hate and subjugation! We dont need that bullshit here on the Peninsula!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

As long as they don't try to replace the justice system with Islamic court or play their prayers over loudspeaker...
Spark
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS

fadedsteve wrote:

First of all I live in one of the most expensive areas in the country (Menlo Park, CA) so building that would be a huge cost.  Not only that there arent very many Muslims where I live.  Lastly, the city of Menlo Park wouldnt put up with a terrorist shrine in our Christian community!!

Fuck Mosques and Fuck Islam! Mohammed is a false prophet and the doctrine he teaches is of hate and subjugation! We dont need that bullshit here on the Peninsula!
Hooray for freedom.
~ Richard Feynman
Bulldogz
Blacking Out the Friction
+32|6000|Rexburg, Idaho

Spark wrote:

First few minutes especially.
Ridiculous. They have just as much of a right to build a muslim school as catholics have a right to build a catholic school.

intolerance ftl.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6491|Menlo Park, CA

Spark wrote:

fadedsteve wrote:

Hooray for freedom.
Hey I am all about freedom!

I am sure if the Muslims scratched enough cash together they could build their terrorist shrine. . . . . I mean mosque sorry

If they went to the city of Menlo Park and got all the right permits etc. I am sure they would be able to do it.  We dont even have a synagogue in Menlo Park, and there are way many more Jews than Muslims around here.  To be honest its mostly White people and Mexicans where I live. White people and Mexicans worship either Judism or Christianity not Islam. . . .
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Turquoise wrote:

lowing wrote:

Those aren't moderates -- those are conservatives and extremists.  The moderates might have been offended by the cartoons, but a moderate does not react violently to a drawing.  That kind of action nullifies any sense of moderation.

I don't think you quite understand that the average Muslim isn't that different from the average Christian.  It's just the extremists and conservatives that typically make the news.  As long as a mosque isn't preaching hate, I don't have a problem with it, and I don't understand why you would.
I already told you why I would. Your reasoning that a moderate is a moderate until he gets pissed off then he is an extremist does not wash with me. The intolerance and violence is at the core of what Islam is and I would rather they practice it back in the region they already destroyed and leave western society alone.
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6723|Eastern PA

lowing wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

lowing wrote:

I already told you why I would. Your reasoning that a moderate is a moderate until he gets pissed off then he is an extremist does not wash with me. The intolerance and violence is at the core of what Islam is and I would rather they practice it back in the region they already destroyed and leave western society alone.
Seriously lowing you have some reading comprehension problems. He didn't say that a moderate is a moderate until he gets pissed. He drew the distinction at the action one takes.

Extremists tend to use violence to accomplish their goals. Moderates don't.

You don't have to search far to find muslim groups denouncing hateful imams or speaking out on violence. You won't find them on TV much because peaceable individuals trying to facilitate dialog don't rouse the rabble. Get a few unshaven goons screaming "Durka Durka, Mohammad, Jihad!" and you boost the ratings and the bottom line a little.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Masques wrote:

lowing wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Seriously lowing you have some reading comprehension problems. He didn't say that a moderate is a moderate until he gets pissed. He drew the distinction at the action one takes.

Extremists tend to use violence to accomplish their goals. Moderates don't.

You don't have to search far to find muslim groups denouncing hateful imams or speaking out on violence. You won't find them on TV much because peaceable individuals trying to facilitate dialog don't rouse the rabble. Get a few unshaven goons screaming "Durka Durka, Mohammad, Jihad!" and you boost the ratings and the bottom line a little.
ya missed my point. I am saying that the Muslims that rioted over those cartoons were not considered extremists. Until that is, they bared the true meaning of their religion by engaging in the very violence that Islam endorses.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard