The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6670|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

jord wrote:

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Parker wrote:

soccer is cool and everything, but no one here really takes it that seriously.
its like one of those sports that kids have to play when their parents wont let them play football or hockey or wrestle, for example.

so, even if you guys win.....it still wont mean shit to anyone here, cause a lot of people lol @ soccer.
Im not American, and even there it work the same...soccer is a kids game that you play untill you can get into Hockey and such.
And Hockey is a women's game. Read above French boy, then get back your own country.
Dont you bloody start unall jord Ive been hockeying since I was a nippa, not just for an excuse to put a skirt on either. (grass/astro hockey not roller or skate).
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6628|Finland

jord wrote:

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Parker wrote:

soccer is cool and everything, but no one here really takes it that seriously.
its like one of those sports that kids have to play when their parents wont let them play football or hockey or wrestle, for example.

so, even if you guys win.....it still wont mean shit to anyone here, cause a lot of people lol @ soccer.
Im not American, and even there it work the same...soccer is a kids game that you play untill you can get into Hockey and such.
And Hockey is a women's game. Read above French boy, then get back your own country.
1. He's Canadian.

2. Hockey kicks ass. Just because England hasn't done well at it, doesn't mean it sucks. It just means that the English hockey team sucks. But you can work on that.  (Seems that the distinguished gentleman from Wales knows the score)

3. If this thread goes any further into "my country is better thna your country and your national sport is made of 110% fail", my gloves will come off (hockey term) and I might be kicking you all the way to "you have been banned"-land.
I need around tree fiddy.
http://www.eurohockeyleague.eu/ehl-2007 … highlights

The Hockey I play, pick any video for a good example.
jord
+2,382|6674|The North, beyond the wall.

DonFck wrote:

jord wrote:

Roger Lesboules wrote:

1. He's Canadian.

2. Hockey kicks ass. Just because England hasn't done well at it, doesn't mean it sucks. It just means that the English hockey team sucks. But you can work on that.  (Seems that the distinguished gentleman from Wales knows the score)

3. If this thread goes any further into "my country is better thna your country and your national sport is made of 110% fail", I have no problem with taking my gloves off (hockey term) and kicking you all the way to "you have been banned"-land.
1. French Canada.
2. I don't even know/care how well England does at Hockey. I'd only watch it to look at the women. Even then they're not that good.
3. This thread started on that, you can spot it from a mile away. Hence my earlier post.
4. I edited my post because I can't be assed arguing as I'm going to the dentist.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6617|London, England
I lol'd at Jords post though, they do always bitch about Europe yet they always chat shit about how much they love their ancestral heritage.

"I'm a German American, I love my Oktoberfest"

"I'm a Irish American, yay lets celebrate St Patricks Day"

"I'm French Canadian, lets talk French and declare Independence"

Fuck that shit.

jord wrote:

DonFck wrote:

jord wrote:

1. He's Canadian.

3. If this thread goes any further into "my country is better thna your country and your national sport is made of 110% fail", I have no problem with taking my gloves off (hockey term) and kicking you all the way to "you have been banned"-land.
1. French Canada.
2. I don't even know/care how well England does at Hockey. I'd only watch it to look at the women. Even then they're not that good.
3. This thread started on that, you can spot it from a mile away. Hence my earlier post.
4. I edited my post because I can't be assed arguing as I'm going to the dentist.
1. Fucking good luck in the dentist mate hope it aint a bad one, either pain wise or financially

2. If there is some confusion here its got me as you cant see what Ice Hockey girls look like due to the kit, pads, helmet etc.  Grass hockey ones ming as well to be honest, mostly munters but Ive been through a few.

3.  Chuffed to be called distinguished, makes a difference from disgusting and as a bonus a Gent aswell. Thank you.

4. GB have just qualified for Bejing games later this year.  Gives me a rare chance to watch another sport I love and just as passionate about this one as football almost as it like a 2nd job to me, coaching.
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5970|England

To conclude the thread so far:

England are going to win and the us can suck a great big royal fat one
02fxnmaurer
+75|6478|Birmingham UK

the one sport....

Last edited by 02fxnmaurer (2008-03-20 09:53:11)

Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6747|the middle of nowhere
lez doo et!

SamTheMan:D wrote:

To conclude the thread so far:

England are going to win and the us can suck a great big royal fat one
I always want England to win when they arn't playing us but I remain with my bollocks tightly on the fence and my mouth shut as its not a Wales thing.

But if I keep bringing us up it might aswell be
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6617|London, England
Why is it that at the Olympic games we're called GB. Yet in pretty much every other sport it's England/Scotland/Wales/N.Ireland who play seperatley. And then in some other events we're called the UK.

It's a stupid Union that's not even consistent.

02fxnmaurer wrote:

the one sport....
The one sport...

You would never get me playing, just to thuggish at amatuer level and by looking at that video at the top level aswell.

Nice dance routine at the start btw by those big men in black   << Thats a joke btw.
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6404|Somersetshire

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Why is it that at the Olympic games we're called GB. Yet in pretty much every other sport it's England/Scotland/Wales/N.Ireland who play seperatley. And then in some other events we're called the UK.

It's a stupid Union that's not even consistent.
lol too true, it's because the smaller counties are noobs
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5970|England

avman633 wrote:

This is an unfair contest, we suck at soccer. It's like us playing you in Football, we would own you guys.
no we would win at football idiot, and we dont have a soccer team
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6404|Somersetshire

avman633 wrote:

This is an unfair contest, we suck at soccer. It's like us playing you in Football, we would own you guys.
pwned

edit: if you don't get why it's because football is soccor

American Football is correct terminology

Last edited by Tehremos (2008-03-20 10:03:06)

DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6628|Finland

avman633 wrote:

This has been discussed so many times, it's beginning to get irritating.

However, I'll bump a pic I made 1 year, 4 months ago on one of the countless occasions this thing was brought up. Again.

https://img292.imageshack.us/img292/1346/fbxl1.jpg
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=970364#p970364

Besides, we have already decided what to call it.

Poll - "What's it called?" wrote:

Soccer        45% - 86
Football    54% - 101
I need around tree fiddy.
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6404|Somersetshire
that poll is wrong cos us brits made up the word

but i suppose wiki is actually right lol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_(word)

"Where English is a first language the unqualifed use of the word football is used to refer to the most popular code of football in that region. The sports most frequently referred to as simply football are American football, association football, Australian rules football, Canadian football, Gaelic football, and rugby football (rugby league or rugby union).
BlackKoala
+215|6321

Tehremos wrote:

avman633 wrote:

pwned

edit: if you don't get why it's because football is soccor

American Football is correct terminology
It varies from place to place.  Over here we call it football for the NFL, soccer for the...whatever the hell soccer fags play in.  Over there you call it Football/American football.  Neither is right, neither is wrong.  It's almost as retarded as pop/soda.

Although it seems as if most of you are unable to wrap your head around the fact that two sports may share a name.  Which is fine I guess, as you can all squabble in this thread over such a pointless thing.
02fxnmaurer
+75|6478|Birmingham UK
BRITAIN ...came up with football ......in the 1600's or w.e ...played with a sheeps stomach ..or some shit ...we called it football then ...we call it football now ....it isnt soccer...fuck knows what tht is ....if is footballllll....
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6404|Somersetshire

02fxnmaurer wrote:

BRITAIN ...came up with football ......in the 1600's or w.e ...played with a sheeps stomach ..or some shit ...we called it football then ...we call it football now ....it isnt soccer...fuck knows what tht is ....if is footballllll....
i do believe it was part of a pig actually

the word football is just to vague nowadays
there is different types

which us britians should understand very well because i know many people who play Aus Rules
or Somerset Rules Cricket (its very painful, even though we use a childs plastic bat and stumps)
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6573|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

jord wrote:

DonFck wrote:

jord wrote:

1. He's Canadian.

1. French Canada.
Back on the topic...

First of all, Yes im a French Canadian? Any problem with that? Yes? Go and fist yourself.

Second. Hockey is in no way a "Women's game"...well its as much a "Women's game" than Soccer actually is? Think twice before you talk...you may sound stupid.

Get back to my own country? Sorry sir, im already in it? Your logic is flawed.

@Donfck: I love the reference to hockey

Last edited by Roger Lesboules (2008-03-20 10:40:14)

NantanCochise
+55|5975|Portugal/United States
Here we go again. After just a little research I found out that soccer is actually an English word. From Wiki Answers:
"The rules of football were codified in England by the Football Association in 1863, and the name association football was coined to distinguish the game from the other versions of football played at the time. The word soccer is a colloquial abbreviation of association (from assoc.) and first appeared in the 1880s. The word is sometimes credited to Charles Wreford Brown, an Oxford University student said to have been fond of shortened forms such as brekkers for breakfast and rugger for rugby football."
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_did_the … _originate

So can you Brits shut the hell up about it already. You called it soccer first...
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6404|Somersetshire

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Back on the topic...

blah blah blah hockey

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Your logic is flawed.
avman633
+116|6360

avman633 wrote:

I call it what I want, you call it what you want. The US would win at the game that you play with brown ball but the British would win at the game you play with a black and white ball. Idiot
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6404|Somersetshire

avman633 wrote:

avman633 wrote:

I call it what I want, you call it what you want. The US would win at the game that you play with brown ball but the British would win at the game you play with a black and white ball. Idiot
brown ball?

black and white ball?

now rugby and football can play with difrerent coloured balls (lol)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard