Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6468

CDK3Y wrote:

fixd 4 u

Last edited by DoctaStrangelove (2008-03-18 18:34:10)

chaosdragon001
Whee
+53|6509|Los Angeles, California
Brits would win... All they have to do is put several rows of people as meatshields.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6324|New Haven, CT

chaosdragon001 wrote:

Brits would win... All they have to do is put several thousand rows of people as meatshields.
Fixed.
jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

neither 100 Israeli Troops would win
BVC
+325|6695
M4/M16/SAW/etc would have the reload-time advantage over a bunch of shitty muskets.
jason85
Banned
+58|5997|Mesa, AZ

Pubic wrote:

M4/M16/SAW/etc would have the reload-time advantage over a bunch of shitty muskets.
Umm...not just reload time advantage. More like everything advantage.

Give me, a guy who has only shot a gun a few times, a M24 with a bunch of ammo at 200 yards and I would drop a bunch Red Coats. Oh, btw, they have red frigging coats, and I'd have a gullie suit. Shoot about 5 rounds, run back to a save distance, drop down, fire 5 more...99 other guys with me doing the same thing, sounds like a cakewalk. And thats just sniping. Have about 20 sniping, 50 people with assault rifles, and 30 with LMG's...game is over.

And hell, if the Marines had a week notice that a bunch of Red Coats were coming, I'd hate to see all the crap they would have to walk through, bared wire, claymores, etc. The Marines would have an epic win.

Oh and then get some of those badass robots they had on FutureWeapons, the remote controlled ones with the guns on them...Those Brits better hope they came with brown pants.

Last edited by jason85 (2008-03-19 00:47:22)

nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6324|New Haven, CT
Considering the Marines can constantly retreat, the British army would never be able to come within range of them.
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6785|Perth, Western Australia
Meh. If you fire off 10000 musket shots at once every two minutes one is bound to hit something sooner or later.
Lai
+186|6151

SEREMAKER wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

or a Marine --- we have to rifle qual at 500 during bootcamp and while in service

snipers - 1000 to 1600
but dont lie.  what distance would you say the average target engaged in iraq is?  whats the farthest non sniper shot youve seen or took?  most of our engagements were never farther than 150 meters, out in the boon docks and farm lands.  In baghdad, we would rarely be farther than 100 meters from contact.
for Iraq open lands 100 -150 yards , urban 100 and under .......... my fartherest open sight shot was 850 yards on man target and it was a kill shot
That's either really stupid luck or really really neat!
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6527|London (At Heart)

Ilocano wrote:

jimmanycricket wrote:

Remember arrows can go over hills and stuff, bullets can't.
Why not?  Modern bullets just have a longer trajectory.  Fire the same amount of bullets with the same spread as a volley of longbow arrows, with similar effect.
If we are talking over hills, bullets drop at a non lethal termincal velocity, anyone hit would have a big headache though
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6568|Mountains of NC

Lai wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

but dont lie.  what distance would you say the average target engaged in iraq is?  whats the farthest non sniper shot youve seen or took?  most of our engagements were never farther than 150 meters, out in the boon docks and farm lands.  In baghdad, we would rarely be farther than 100 meters from contact.
for Iraq open lands 100 -150 yards , urban 100 and under .......... my fartherest open sight shot was 850 yards on man target and it was a kill shot
or really really a scout/sniper

"I'll take scout/sniper for the win, Alex " ............ " You sire, are correct and what does he win Johnny "

the ability to wipe out the 18th century british army
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6522

SEREMAKER wrote:

Lai wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

"I'll take scout/sniper for the win, Alex " ............ " You sire, are correct and what does he win Johnny "

how many people did you kill?
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6568|Mountains of NC

ig wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

Lai wrote:

1 day, I'll show you my range book
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
SgtSlutter
Banned
+550|6638|Amsterdam, NY

SEREMAKER wrote:

ig wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

I can has peek
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6394|The Gem Saloon

SEREMAKER wrote:

ig wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

hell only do it if you dont send me anthrax, cockface
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6653|pimelteror.de
brits would win. even modern weapons have to be reloaded from time to time and can overheat or have malfunctions. ..

(remember vietnam)

Last edited by [pt] KEIOS (2008-03-19 16:09:59)

Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6447|Boulder, CO
The brits would eventually win though they would take massive casualties, simply put 10 000 people with rocks would be able to kill 100 well armed troops on a battle field just by flooding them. Though if the marines had a good defensive position and enough ammo and shelter they could theoretically survive for a very very long time (muskets would kill the marines very slowly though).
Lai
+186|6151

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

brits would win. even modern weapons have to be reloaded from time to time and can overheat or have malfunctions. ..

(remember vietnam)
Long live Eugene Stoner's direct-gas design!
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6500|so randum
if Sharpe was leading the British Army....

They'd win, without a single casualty.

Ahhhh Sean Bean
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6621|London, England
wat choo talkin bout ted
Lai
+186|6151

Mek-Izzle wrote:

wat choo talkin bout ted
Didn't got that one either
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6500|so randum

Mek-Izzle wrote:

wat choo talkin bout ted
https://www.compleatseanbean.com/mainsharpepic.jpg
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
daddyofdeath
A REAL Combat Engineer in the house
+187|6253|UK Bradford W,Yorks. Age 27
Sharpe FTW!
Lai
+186|6151

FatherTed wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

wat choo talkin bout ted
http://www.compleatseanbean.com/mainsharpepic.jpg
What movie is that from, I never saw it for sure?

I find that Bean is a very good actor, but somehow his roles are always evil ones, very marginal ones or both. He also tends to die a lot (n00b) even when his role is neither evil nor marginal (have yet to see that by the way).

LotR Trilogy: Marginal (considering LotR should be seen as one big picture), turned evil and dead.
Equilibrium: Very marginal, started as evil and dead.
Ronin: Very marginal, semi-evil, vomits and would have gotten himself killed for sure if he had been in teh movie longer.
National Treasure: Not dead, but nicked and uthermost evil.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6500|so randum

Lai wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

wat choo talkin bout ted
http://www.compleatseanbean.com/mainsharpepic.jpg
What movie is that from, I never saw it for sure?

I find that Bean is a very good actor, but somehow his roles are always evil ones, very marginal ones or both. He also tends to die a lot (n00b) even when his role is neither evil nor marginal (have yet to see that by the way).

LotR Trilogy: Marginal (considering LotR should be seen as one big picture), turned evil and dead.
Equilibrium: Very marginal, started as evil and dead.
Ronin: Very marginal, semi-evil, vomits and would have gotten himself killed for sure if he had been in teh movie longer.
National Treasure: Not dead, but nicked and uthermost evil.
Not a movie, a TV series. Historical War Drama if you will.

Fantastic shows.

He plays the good guy, who takes no shit and kills frenchies, then steals their women.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard