Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6564|Milkystania, yurop
The US had the world behind them when they went into Afghanistan, but then G W bush decided to invade Iraq for some oil what did he get? oil and al quaida in a country that did not have anything to do with al quaida before. And then a lot of young men and women dead on both sides, its such a waste of life
=DB4D=Slight
+8|6223

M.O.A.B wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

That's how it went down in Nam, militarily it was a victory, but just the politicians let it fall, and the troops and military got a lot of undeserved blame.

But to quote Plato: 'Only the dead have seen the end of war.'
I've read Plato, don't remember that quote.  Where'd you hear it?
I've seen it from Black Hawk Down's intro, but it specified it as one of his quotes.
yeah, it was Plato

http://plato-dialogues.org/faq/faq008.htm
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6687

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Agent Green - Sand Stripper

That'll teach 'em
Agent Indigo- destroyer of gay iranians.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6659|London, England
But there are no gays in Iran!
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6687
sand ni***** please..

https://img178.imageshack.us/img178/4615/2632007032619590015doises0.jpg
Mekstizzle
WALKER
It was a play on ahmendinnerjackers quote "there are no gays in Iran" that he said awhile ago

Back then, during the time of 300. They weren't even Muslims, but the film wants to make you think that the Persians are Muslims and the Spartans were Christians, because they want to appeal to the lowest common denominator

Last edited by Mek-Izzle (2008-03-20 05:30:41)

..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6687

Mek-Izzle wrote:

It was a play on ahmendinnerjackers quote "there are no gays in Iran" that he said awhile ago
o rly?

https://lp27.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/gay_ahmadinejad.jpg
Mekstizzle
WALKER
I'll be your best friend if you enlarge that and then post it all over Tehran
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6687

Mek-Izzle wrote:

I'll be your best friend if you enlarge that and then post it all over Tehran
Will you be my gay friend?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Only in Iran
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6670|949

=DB4D=Slight wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I've read Plato, don't remember that quote.  Where'd you hear it?
I've seen it from Black Hawk Down's intro, but it specified it as one of his quotes.
yeah, it was Plato

http://plato-dialogues.org/faq/faq008.htm
Hmm, that link makes me question it more.

On another site reproducing General McArthur's speech, the author ot the site, Bill Thayer, adds the following note with regard to the supposed Plato quotation: "I have been unable to find this in Plato; and apparently I'm not the only one. They are undoubtedly to be found in the 20c philosopher George Santayana's Soliloquies in England and Later Soliloquies (1922), and reappeared in The Life of Reason, a book published in 1953 shortly after the author's death — during the Korean War at a time when they would have been very likely to catch Gen. MacArthur's eye. A brief thread on the Classics-L includes the opinion that these words are now widely seen as Plato's precisely because of Gen. MacArthur's misattribution in this speech."
karl
+11|6545|Oslo-Norway
the American soldiers that are in iraq asked for it...

If you dont want to you dont need to...
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6809|PNW

Stimey wrote:

Iraq is a stupid war, it wasn't even sanctioned by the U.N.
That's a very interesting jump in logic.
zeidmaan
+234|6453|Vienna

TIME made a nice photo essay for the anniversary. Its 60 pictures, one for every month, with a comment.

http://www.time.com/time/2007/iraq/1.html
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6221|Ireland
Go USA, kill the fuking terrorists.  I am proud of our soldiers, may the people who oppose them find a painful death.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6531|N. Ireland
I'm starting to wonder when it will ever end. Although, the Afghanistan civil war has been going since the 70s...albeit lighter at times than others! Of course, I doubt bush will do a pull out before the next President (alternatively it could boost his status if he did) - so it'll go on for at least another year before anything happens.
jord
+2,382|6716|The North, beyond the wall.

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Go USA, kill the fuking terrorists.  I am proud of our soldiers, may the people who oppose them find a painful death.
Well you're from Ireland...

My ass.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6221|Ireland

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

o rly?

http://lp27.files.wordpress.com/2007/09 … inejad.jpg
That picture is from the new movie " Broken Back Mosque
Mekstizzle
WALKER

Lotta_Drool wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

o rly?

http://lp27.files.wordpress.com/2007/09 … inejad.jpg
That picture is from the new movie " Broken Back Mosque
Snap

Mek wrote:

Back then, during the time of 300. They weren't even Muslims, but the film wants to make you think that the Persians are Muslims and the Spartans were Christians, because they want to appeal to the lowest common denominator
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6682

karl wrote:

ask for what?
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6221|Ireland

jord wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Well you're from Ireland...

My ass.
Mr. Ass,

Well you're from England...

Lotta_Drool
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6449|'Murka

Mek-Izzle wrote:

I've seen that movie multiple times, and I'll be damned if I've ever seen any allusions to Muslims or Christians in it. Particularly since it happened several centuries before Christianity or Islam were even created.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6677

karl wrote:

If you dont want to you dont need to...
Retard alert.
Mekstizzle
WALKER

FEOS wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

I've seen that movie multiple times, and I'll be damned if I've ever seen any allusions to Muslims or Christians in it. Particularly since it happened several centuries before Christianity or Islam were even created.
Yeah I know, it's funny how people think otherwise. Aka Lotta_Drool

Greeks had their Mythology (don't know why we call it that, I'm sure it had a proper name, because Christianity/Islam is just Mythology too) and the Persians had Zoroastrianism (which exists today in small forms) - both places were so much better off before they got raped by Christianity/Islam...
topal63
. . .
+533|6756

FEOS wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Totally agree... no such reference exists.

It even states this in the movie: the desire for "an end to the tyranny of mysticism." How is that an endorsement of Christianity or any religion for that matter?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard