clogar
damn ain't it great to be a laxer
+32|5953|Minnesota
i love halo on the xbox but i don't like it on pc at all. although i like most fps on pc better than console, i don't like adventure games on pc (e.g. kotor). it's all personal preference tbh.
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6774|Kansas, USA

konfusion wrote:

As much as I detest consoles - PCs attract at least as many idiots as consoles do.
Well, I've never heard anything like THIS on a PC online game.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6520
i dont hate consoles. i just hate fps games on consoles. forza 2 is the best game ever (besides bf2 of course). halo can go suck a fat nut
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England
Gran Turismo > Forza

Gnome sayin' nigga
karl
+11|6505|Oslo-Norway
The only thing I like about the xbox is halo...

Last edited by karl (2008-03-19 14:56:00)

MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6192|Schofield Barracks

Psycho wrote:

konfusion wrote:

As much as I detest consoles - PCs attract at least as many idiots as consoles do.
Well, I've never heard anything like THIS on a PC online game.
those kind of people make me laugh alot and thats one of the reasons i enjoy my xbox.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6687|Tampa Bay Florida
Because console people, generally, think they're the shit.  I know some PC gamers think they are too, but at least we have more evidence to back it up. 

I mean, really, just because so many Germans thought Hitler was great doesn't mean he was.
ig
+1,199|6520

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Gran Turismo > Forza

Gnome sayin' nigga
hell fucking no. crack is whack
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Don't be disrespectin'
warrior155
Banned
+6|5881|lolyo
they hurt my damn hands lol
Mekstizzle
WALKER

warrior155 wrote:

that's because you're a little bitch

say it.
Volatile
+252|6702|Sextupling in Empire

Played consoles for 12 years, got bored and stopped gaming. HL2/ CSS comes out, and I buy a gaming PC 'cause online gaming looks .

Since then I've never been interested in consoles, mainly because it only serves one purpose, while all of my digital entertainment needs are met through my PC.

Gaming on consoles always just seems basic and rather bland. I can usually tell when a game is a shitty console port because the controls are lacking and there is no depth to gameplay. And even the hardware on the consoles is garbage. Lets look at the Xbox. The xbox is plagued with issues with heat, noise, and the infamous ring of death. You can't mod the console to fix Microsoft's failures as they'll void your warranty and ban you from online play(from what I've gathered from here).

If your a casual gamer and haven't been gaming for over a decade, you may not be that critical and find that consoles are fun. I personally wouldn't be gaming anymore if the PC was not a gaming platform.

Just my opinion.
ig
+1,199|6520

Mek-Izzle wrote:

warrior155 wrote:

say it.
wtf yo
VicktorVauhn
+319|6390|Southern California

liquix wrote:

It can be pretty maddening when you pay 3 thousand dollars to play a game that another individual only pays 500 for, and his runs flawlessly when yours has bugs and incompatibilities. My own hate for consoles games has died out, and I simply play what I can afford, which to stay current is consoles. I can take a small reduction in visuals in order to continue playing new games.
I don't agree.

My computer cost $1000. If I played no games I would still need a computer for school work and the internet. The cost in going from a standard computer to my gaming one is right about the same as a console system. No cost for online play, no cost for basic expansion and mods.
I noticed COD4 looks better on my PC then it did on my friends PS3 as well. You don't need a $3K rig unless your trying to max out crysis, and then you are paying for better graphics then the consoles too.

Yeah, PC game technology keep pressing forward...But you don't need to upgrade for quite some time. Thats why they make low settings. "low" on a new game is same as high on an old one. So you have the option of not upgrading, and having your graphics capabilities level out like on a console.

PC lets you upgrade or not upgrade. You can spend the full amount for amazing graphics or you can tone it down so you can spend less to play the game you want with what you have. You can build your own or you can just buy a whole unit. You can change parts to get exactly the package you want for your needs. You can have joy sticks, rudders, wheels, game pads, head tracking devices. You have a much larger aftermarket building these controllers. You get more buttons so you can have more commands available to the player.
On top of that you can combine controllers. Instead of having to go out and buy a new wheel with a clutch pedal I can use my current wheel, and use a separate joystick as a hand operated clutch like in F1, or I can plug in the old wheel I have and use its pedals along with my current wheel to have 3 pedals and an ebrake axis.

PCs are simply much more flexible, and I like that.
warrior155
Banned
+6|5881|lolyo

Mek-Izzle wrote:

warrior155 wrote:

say it.
yo dude im a lil bitch wtf
Mekstizzle
WALKER

warrior155 wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

warrior155 wrote:

say it.
sry nigga
VicktorVauhn
+319|6390|Southern California
Gran Turismo < rFactor < LFS
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6446

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Gran Turismo < rFactor < LFS
Check the GTP thread and I can see the < turning the other way round.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6392|The Gem Saloon

Mek-Izzle wrote:

warrior155 wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

say it.
sry nigga
dont be sorry, he tried to be a smart ass to me earlier, then attempted to delete it.....but i quoted that shit
Mekstizzle
WALKER
I just know he is related to ig somehow
karl
+11|6505|Oslo-Norway

VicktorVauhn wrote:

liquix wrote:

It can be pretty maddening when you pay 3 thousand dollars to play a game that another individual only pays 500 for, and his runs flawlessly when yours has bugs and incompatibilities. My own hate for consoles games has died out, and I simply play what I can afford, which to stay current is consoles. I can take a small reduction in visuals in order to continue playing new games.
I don't agree.

My computer cost $1000. If I played no games I would still need a computer for school work and the internet. The cost in going from a standard computer to my gaming one is right about the same as a console system. No cost for online play, no cost for basic expansion and mods.
I noticed COD4 looks better on my PC then it did on my friends PS3 as well. You don't need a $3K rig unless your trying to max out crysis, and then you are paying for better graphics then the consoles too.

Yeah, PC game technology keep pressing forward...But you don't need to upgrade for quite some time. Thats why they make low settings. "low" on a new game is same as high on an old one. So you have the option of not upgrading, and having your graphics capabilities level out like on a console.

PC lets you upgrade or not upgrade. You can spend the full amount for amazing graphics or you can tone it down so you can spend less to play the game you want with what you have. You can build your own or you can just buy a whole unit. You can change parts to get exactly the package you want for your needs. You can have joy sticks, rudders, wheels, game pads, head tracking devices. You have a much larger aftermarket building these controllers. You get more buttons so you can have more commands available to the player.
On top of that you can combine controllers. Instead of having to go out and buy a new wheel with a clutch pedal I can use my current wheel, and use a separate joystick as a hand operated clutch like in F1, or I can plug in the old wheel I have and use its pedals along with my current wheel to have 3 pedals and an ebrake axis.

PCs are simply much more flexible, and I like that.
Perfect :-)
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6392|The Gem Saloon
......ig, handle that.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6466

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard