StickyBombs
+8|6783|Sacramento, CA (USA)

Sh4rkb1t3 wrote:

Its called lag.
Wrong its not called lag!!!
Xinos
+0|6667
This is something that only happens in USA where internet is slow.
This has never happened to me, and I've been playing bf2, flying and using AA since the patch was out..
So yeah, I think it's just lag issues where the missile info isn't getting to the server correctly... as if DICE didn't know that missiles can't fly like that.
computermash
+7|6690
Yeah great vid that NEEDS to be shown to EA so they can lower their heads in shame!!

(had to watch it twice for good measure)
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6788

I know that the missles doing crazy shit mid-air is very unrealistic... but i'd like to point a few things out.

1.- The coders did NOT write code that makes the AA missles corkscrew towards their targets. The reason this happens has got something to do with server lag times and when you get your lock vs when you shoot missles. Not really sure... but I can tell you that the code doesn't say "Spiral your way to aircraft".

2.- It really doesn't matter to me what the AA missles do on their way to the target. Sure there are some crazy shits that happen, like recently I got shot down over the airfield from a missle by the Essex... that's fucked up. But the missles now are coded to take out like 90% of their targets if they get a lock on. So the animation may looked crazy, but the intention of the coders was for the missles to hit all targets.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard