Laurie06
+0|6688
Ok so i DID run a search and it was taking forever and when it finished it just said "Internet explorer could not find the page....etc." so if there is a previous topic explaining it please link me to it.

Ok so i was wondering where do the commander points actually come from i know you get points fro your team capturing flags but what else?

And what does Arty count for? i though u didn’t get kills from it as i always finish with 0 kills when i command but when i was commander once i got veteran medic combat, and no i didn’t just shoot them i spent the whole round on the caps lock screen.

Thanks.
Titanium Shadow
Silent Justice
+0|6778|Chicago
I believe the points come from each use of the toys,, like scanning, arty, uav, if it helps your squad... I think thats how correct me if i'm wrong
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6767|Germany

Artykills count as global kills (or global vehicle kills when you are in a vehicle while the strike comes down) and give you two points for your Combat score. They do not count as global scores.

There are some topics about the points, but I've some problems, too. At the moment it takes forever to open a new page...

EDIT:

Titanium Shadow wrote:

I believe the points come from each use of the toys,, like scanning, arty, uav, if it helps your squad... I think thats how correct me if i'm wrong
Negative, your points depend on the points your teammates earn. It doesn't matter what you do...

Last edited by Mike<Eagle23> (2006-02-19 14:16:20)

DakkonBlackblade
+0|6785
I know that there are threads for this but I am too lazy to search so i will just answer.

To the way I understand commanding, you score 1/X for every point anyone on your team (including you) scores.  So on a full map of 8 vs 8 you would score 1/8th of a point everytime your team scores.  The Arti kills do count as global, badge, and equipment (like if you are in an MG the entire round) kills for you but you don't get 2 points for it so it doesnt show in the kills column.
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6860|Delaware
You couldn't possibly have searched.

Commander points is an average of your team's score basically. Artillery counts for global kills and combat points but not global points, this is the reason that your commander, teamwork, and combat score don't equal your global score. You can get "Kills In a round" requirements from artillery alone.

You get a percentage of every score your team makes as commander. If BobJoe7 kills someone and there are 17 total people on your team you get 2/17 (0.11) points). The decimals don't show up, but they are there. Once you hit a whole number, that number shows as your score.

The division is based on how many people on your team are alive at the time of the point scored though. When BobJoe7 killed another guy, all 17 members of your team weren't alive, so it is divided by the number that were alive. 2/13=0.15 points.

At the end of the round if you are still commander and your team wins, your score is doubled. These extra points don't count toward awards like the War College Ribbon (notice the "Before 2x"), but you still get them. Cool, huh? If you had 36 it would double to 72. But if you had some weird decimal again it may "double" to 73. You may have had 36.67 points before the win.

If you teamkill as commander, the points you lose still double. If you had 23 commander points, and lost 4 due to a teamkill, it would show as 19. If the round finished right after that, your points would "double" to 42.

You still have 23 commander points, which got doubled to 46, then you lost the 4 for the teamkill. Thus leaving you with 42.

Someone sticky this so I never have to type it again.

Last edited by SysTray (2006-02-19 14:18:03)

Laurie06
+0|6688
Wow thanks for the replies, damm i didn’t realise it was so complicated i just though u got points for the people using the supply drops etc not that it divided the points your team got by how many people were on your team. I certainly didn’t know that the arty kills can count towards badge kills.

Thanks guys.
RDMC_old
+0|6775|Almere, Holland

Titanium Shadow wrote:

totally wrong! the commander points is the average points of your team.. so lets say there are 16 players they all have one point.. so player A has 40 points, player b has 20 points and placer C has 30 points than ur average is 30..
|CoR| Majik_Kracker
Anti-Tank Aficionado
+10|6739|Arizona, USA
SysTray, how in the world did you figure that out?
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6860|Delaware

|CoR| Majik_Kracker wrote:

SysTray, how in the world did you figure that out?
I've got 130 hours as commander or something. Do you think that time is spent actually helping the team?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard