The_Lance_117
CANADA STRONG
+110|5906|CANADA
Help!
I need new gaming equipment- a new keyboard, mouse, and headphone set. Can anyone give me recommendations?
Thx
tkoi
Utahraptor!
+148|6117|Texas
G15, G5/MX518, 5.1 headphones
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6629|The darkside of Denver
G15, G5, Tritton 5.1 headsead Ax51's are good.

www.newegg.com

shop away.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6492
g15 + g5 ftw
The_Lance_117
CANADA STRONG
+110|5906|CANADA
I had a MX Revolution but it was so laggy... gaming was impossible. My teammates were all like, "Dude stop crashing the fucking j-10s you fly like my grandma"
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6293|New Haven, CT
MX518's are major win.
The_Lance_117
CANADA STRONG
+110|5906|CANADA
OK I think I have my choices: G15 Keyboard and G5 Mouse (they look teh bomb together), and AX51.
Now i need to add those things to my list of shit to get... along with a new barrel for my AEG and some pens.
60 hours of babysitting, yardwork, and vacuuming coming up!
Thx guys!
InnerMonkey
+62|6688
The best advice anyone should give you for that question is to go out and try them at the store.  At least see what is comfortable keyboard and mouse wise.  Tastes vary...

I love the MX518, and it's a popular mouse in general.  Lots of features for the price, and it has proven to be durable.

I have 3 different sets of headphones, and every damned one sounds a lot different than the others.  For gaming, I alternate between a Labtec set that cost me 13 bucks, and a overpriced SteelSound 5Hv2 set.  They both sound great to me, but for different things.  The third set is a SenHeiser studio monitor set, but honestly, they don't sound that much better than the Labtec set, and they make my ears sweat more.  I'll probably give those to family.

No real advice on keyboards.  I use a Nostromo N52 for gaming.  I wear out keyboards fairly readily, but the SteelSound 6g is proving to be durable.  Other than that, I use 5-15 dollar keyboards for a couple years and then replace them.

Disclaimer:  I don't suggest spending the money on SteelSound stuff unless you're just looking to spend too much money.  I got the stuff for free, so I'm not being a hypocrite

*****edit******
If you're basing it all on looks, then it's 100% subjective.

Last edited by InnerMonkey (2008-03-17 20:40:59)

aimless
+166|6094|Texas
Get an Mx310, not only will the kids recognize you for your ancient technology, the two-tone colors will make you stand out like a champ.

I have one, I love it, very durable, but old.

Get an Mx518.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6281

<SS>SonderKommando wrote:

G15, G5, Tritton 5.1 headsead Ax51's are good.

www.newegg.com

shop away.
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5969|The Mitten

ig wrote:

g15 + g5 ftw

The_Lance_117 wrote:

G15 Keyboard and G5 Mouse (they look teh bomb together)
Damn straight.
EE (hats
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6720|the middle of nowhere
I've got some Sennheiser headphones w/mic and they weren't too expensive on Newegg, and they've lasted a loooooooong time.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6167|Winland

Well, as most people have said, G15/G11 and a good mouse, I recommend the MX518 over the G5 any day, a lot more for the money.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
']['error
Banned
+630|6613|The Netherlands
G15 + G5 = win. I have them and they own.
m0v3m3nt
+15|6127
I <3 my MX518
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6654|West Yorkshire, U.K
Which G15?
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6167|Winland

Kurazoo wrote:

Which G15?
G15R1 owns G15R2, and it's cheaper.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6443|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Logitech ftw.

G11 + G5 + Premium Stereo Headset + Extreme™ 3D Pro, is my trusty pile of gaming gear.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6813|Reykjavík, Iceland.

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Kurazoo wrote:

Which G15?
The LCD flip screen is under-rated, it's great to have it lined up towards your face, I use it to see my CPU and GPU temps using Everest.

18 G keys are useless though, unless you are a hardcore RPG gamer or something.

For the mouse, I've heard nothing but praise for the G5, I recommend that over the MX518 because laser > optical.

Don't know about headsets, always been more of a 5.1 man myself.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6545|London
I have a G5, it's g reat and use to be the best but laser technology is becoming outdated. I would recommend either the Steelseries Ikari or Razer Deathadder- they're just better all round
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6167|Winland

PBAsydney wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Kurazoo wrote:

Which G15?
The LCD flip screen is under-rated, it's great to have it lined up towards your face, I use it to see my CPU and GPU temps using Everest.

18 G keys are useless though, unless you are a hardcore RPG gamer or something.
But I don't see the point of charging more for 6 G-keys than 18.
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6528|Hungary
I are suggesting these...

https://www.journaldugeek.com/images/2006_04/razer_gamer.jpg
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6423|The Twilight Zone

venom6 wrote:

I are suggesting these...

http://www.journaldugeek.com/images/200 … _gamer.jpg
I concur with the Hungarian.