• Index » 
  • Games » 
  • Clans » 
  • FREE NUNYA! Battlefield 2 Server Prize Giveaway!
NUNYA! Bluecow003
+14|5889|Minneapolis, MN
It's just the standard form for the new month's giveaway.  It just explains it all.
whitedragon551
+11|5911
Its not a cheap ploy. We actually just shipped out the prize to last months winner.
Amazin0
+6|5869|kansas
Wow a raptor x im in... c u there.............
NUNYA! Bluecow003
+14|5889|Minneapolis, MN
Also, I should mention that we play all vanilla maps, 64 player, 2 rounds per map.  Friendly fire is off, the rules are just no arty and no attacking with vehicles in uncaps.  The server is actually doing pretty decent.  We usually get at least 30 to 40 players every night and have some sort of playable games going just about 24/7.  We have over 50 members so we try to have admins in the server all the time.  Admins are fair and only kick when really forced to.  All vehicles are first come, first serve.  We run the server as fair as we can.  Just good people playing the game.

Server is located in Los Angeles and we have people playing from all over the country.

Anyway, we're giving away a free hard drive, what have you got to lose?
Sgt._Eraser74
Upper Decker Expert
+54|6533

whitedragon551 wrote:

Its not a cheap ploy. We actually just shipped out the prize to last months winner.
Can you prove it?
NUNYA! Bluecow003
+14|5889|Minneapolis, MN

Sgt._Eraser74 wrote:

whitedragon551 wrote:

Can you prove it?
Come to our forums and ask him yourself.  Bretter5 was the winner.  Last year he was a member of the clan dA!, he quit them and was on his own for a long time.  We knew him from that time.  He found out about the giveaway and he fulfilled the requirements.  Towards the end of his fulfilling the requirements, we decided to let him join the clan because he wanted to.  So he's a member now, but just ask him yourself.  I don't know how else to prove it.  Our clan leader, Knucklehead, is the one who bought it and shipped it.  Do you want him to show you the receipt or something?

Besides, what have you got to lose, you play in the server, earn 2500 points, then you're in the drawing, that's it.  Not exactly a sacrifice.
Sgt._Eraser74
Upper Decker Expert
+54|6533

I still can't fathom why you're so persistent in getting people into your server. There are hundreds of servers out there. Are you stat padding & need players in the server so you can get your next award? Oh, I get it now. Servers are listed as a percentile on activity. You're in a quest to attempt to get your server as #1 & are using this cheap ploy as a way to lure people into the server. As the server gets closer to #1, players will also see that your clan is advertising members & this could get your clan bolstered with more members. Non members are only eligible for the prizes & once they win are more susceptible to joioning the clan. I did see a few questionable things on your forums. Among them are the spamming for donations to pay the 142 bucks a month. Thanks anyway, but I'll pass & play on another server.

Last edited by Sgt._Eraser74 (2008-03-17 10:43:16)

NUNYA! Bluecow003
+14|5889|Minneapolis, MN
What?  Dude, we just want to have a full server.  We have 64 slots and we just want them filled because we think it's fun to play games with 64 players, that's all.  I don't know why you're so paranoid about this.

Spamming for donations?  Yeah, the server costs $142 a month and we rely on donations to keep it going so our website does indeed have a donations link.  We don't even spam for them, we have a small donations link at the bottom of our forums page, that's all.  Have you ever been in a clan or had your own server?  It's expensive to run and we need donations.  This giveaway isn't about that though.  It's just about getting the server full.

I also don't know why you're calling it a cheap ploy, we're really giving away this hard drive and I wouldnt' call it cheap.  It's also not a "lure".  We're not trying to trick anyone, we just want people to play in the server and we figured if people could get something for free for just playing in our server, then why not?

"Susceptible to joining the clan"?  What are you talking about?  We're not a cult and members aren't required to donate.  This isn't a business, we just play the game for fun and only ask for enough donations to cover our monthly server costs.  That's it.

I'm actually offended at the things you are suggesting.  How about just trying to play with us and see what we're about?  Go to our video section on our website and you'll see what we're about.  We just like to have fun.  We have knife fight tournaments in our unranked server and put out C4 launching movies.

Please don't judge us based on what little you know.
Sgt._Eraser74
Upper Decker Expert
+54|6533

NUNYA! Bluecow003 wrote:

Spamming for donations?  Yeah, the server costs $142 a month and we rely on donations to keep it going so our website does indeed have a donations link.  We don't even spam for them, we have a small donations link at the bottom of our forums page, that's all.  Have you ever been in a clan or had your own server?  It's expensive to run and we need donations.
Yes, I've been in a clan & had several servers. Not once did I ever spam for donations. On the clan website I had, I put a donation link on there & never posted anything about it. Players found out about it on their own.

As far as not spamming for donations, your clan has indeed solicited them. Here's a few of his posts confirming it from your website.

Links confirming it :

http://www.nunya-clan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=971

This link corfirms my suspicions on you so hard up to get idlers in the server so you in actuality can have a clan server hopefully ranked #1 in the world. http://www.nunya-clan.com/forums/showth … 5#post9905

More links for the spamming of donations :
http://www.nunya-clan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=579
http://www.nunya-clan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=554

There are others links, but people can see that for themselves. If a clan is soliciting donations and/or askling for them as part of membership (see the template posted on your site), then they should rethink their investments & not start something they can't pay to continue.

Last edited by Sgt._Eraser74 (2008-03-17 10:44:09)

NUNYA! Bluecow003
+14|5889|Minneapolis, MN
Are you dense?  Spamming?  Our clan leader posts like once a month when the server payment is due.  It's just a reminder to our clan members that we need money if they want to continue to have a clan server.

You must be fucking retarded to think that we're out to trick people into giving us money.  Donating is not required of ANY member.  We simply ask that if they have the means and they enjoy having our own server, that they donate to keep the server going.  $5, $10, whatever.  We have over 50 members, obviously not everyone is donating otherwise we wouldn't need to ask for donations and obviously we don't force anyone to pay anything.  We wouldn't have that many members if that was the case.  DONATING IS NOT REQUIRED TO JOIN!

People who are in clans that have their own servers don't just expect the server to magically pay for itself so of course we ask our members to help pitch in.  What do you think we're doing?  And to tell you the truth, our clan leader has been paying the difference every month between the donations and the actual server cost.  He's paid A LOT of his own money and he's been doing it since last September all because he just loves to play the game and to have a place of our own to do it.

This whole thing is not to get more members, not to get more money, not to take over the world.  We simply like playing in a full server and we would like our server to be full.  What the fuck is so wrong about that?

You absolutely don't understand what it means to us to have a successful server (i.e. populated and near capacity all the time).  If you want a clan to really bitch about, go look up dA!.  Surely you know about them.  They have the #8 server in the world and they REQUIRE all members to donate $15 EVERY SINGLE month.  Their clan leader PROFITS every single month from his members.  They also kick and ban people from their server for simply taking vehicles or killing them too many times.

http://www.digital-anarchy.com/index.php

You want a clan to bitch about, there you go.  Go read the bans section of their forums, your fucking head will spin.

If we wanted the #1 server in the world, we would just make an I/O 24/7 Karkand server.  There problem solved.  We just want to have fun games in our server and that usually happens with a lot of people in it.

So if you're so demented to think that our clan is about anything other than just good people having a good time together and who want to play in our own full server, then fuck you.  Seriously.

Last edited by NUNYA! Bluecow003 (2008-03-16 18:43:24)

Simmage
+1|5868|BC, Canada

Sgt._Eraser74 wrote:

NUNYA! Bluecow003 wrote:

Spamming for donations?  Yeah, the server costs $142 a month and we rely on donations to keep it going so our website does indeed have a donations link.  We don't even spam for them, we have a small donations link at the bottom of our forums page, that's all.  Have you ever been in a clan or had your own server?  It's expensive to run and we need donations.
Yes, I've been in a clan & had several servers. Not once did I ever spam for donations. On the clan website I had, I put a donation link on there & never posted anything about it. Players found out about it on their own.

As far as not spamming for donations, your clan has indeed solicited them. Here's a few of his posts confirming it from your website.

Links confirming it :

http://www.nunya-clan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=971

This link corfirms my suspicions on you so hard up to get idlers in the server so you in actuality can have a clan server hopefully ranked #1 in the world. http://www.nunya-clan.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9905#post9905

More links for the spamming of donations :
http://www.nunya-clan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=579
http://www.nunya-clan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=554

There are others links, but people can see that for themselves. If a clan is soliciting donations and/or askling for them as part of membership (see the template posted on your site), then they should rethink their investments & not start something they can't pay to continue.
Man, if you don't like it just keep it to yourself. Is there suddenly something wrong with wanting a full server for fun games? We love the game SO much that we're actually GIVING things away, we reward patrons to our server, it's as simple as that.

Soliciting? Most clan websites and servers ask for donations too, it's not like we're unique here.

Link 1) Doesn't even show anything. It's just our Clan Leader telling us who's donated, he's a happy guy.

Link 2) Point? Who doesn't want to be #1? Sure we want to have the most popular server in the world.

Link 3) All of the members who have posted in that thread are loyal members who were around from BEFORE we even got a server. It's not like these are just everyday players. It's just a thread REMINDING people (we aren't perfect like you) to donate. Sometimes we forget.

Link 4) Servers aren't cheap and they require donations. Again, we don't DEMAND that you donate, we simply ask, if you don't/can't donate then whatever, it's not about the money and never will be.

I know of clans who ask for manditory donations, without a donation membership isn't even considered, and are a lot more hard edged about it then us. I don't donate and I'm a Nunya, have been for almost 8 months.. If you don't want to donate and be a Nunya or whatever the fuck your problem is, fine. I don't care. WE don't care. But you goin around and spreading false statements is going to piss us off.

Just my two cents.

Last edited by Simmage (2008-03-16 20:43:36)

cablecopulate
+449|6708|Massachusetts.
That red is really annoying to read, please pick a better color.
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6679|th3 unkn0wn

NUNYA! Bluecow003 wrote:

Are you dense?
Lulz, that's the 1st time I've ever seen someone use "dense" instead of "thick"
NUNYA! Bluecow003
+14|5889|Minneapolis, MN

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

Lulz, that's the 1st time I've ever seen someone use "dense" instead of "thick"
Haha, thanks.  Must be a regional thing maybe.

And yes, I agree, the red text is annoying.

Last edited by NUNYA! Bluecow003 (2008-03-16 21:58:18)

Amazin0
+6|5869|kansas
how bout get bent, eraser...
ratchetmn
+1|5869
Mr Negative, or better known as Sgt whatever. Let me guess your the guy that thinks the government is bugging your cell phone and ceiling fan. Maybe your the guy that killed the Easter Bunny? Guys like Sgt. Jackass REALLY need to get over the whole world is a scam outlook. You will go to your grave a VERY VERY unhappy man. The sad state of affairs remains, Sarge, servers cost money. Yes no shit Sarge,  have put gas in your Vespa lately? Servers are no different! The servers you frequent now, THEY AINT FREE  EITHER. You know Sarge there is a old saying and it's your lucky day I'm about to recite it for you, You have to pay to PLAY.  All those other servers someone is paying for so your freeloading ass can play. The NUNYA CLAN is NOT and NEVER will be about money. It will remain a Clan of fun loving peeps that will Donate to play and have fun in a social event. Sarge you might not understand that because, I'm not sure anyone would associate with you. As far as the links you sighted, YOU sir are a awesome detective. Once again SGT. Negative you see peeps willing to Donate to provocate the Clan and the FUN! We ASK ( I never remember using a gun) for our members to help me pay for the server they ALL voted to have. If you would have taken the time to read the posts in our forum through neutral eyes you have have read just that. Now on to the prize!  Man you magician's are something else. I have played this game since the day it came out, and if I could have WON ANYTHING I would have entered every contest out there. Hey let's play in a server that I get zero cents an hour, or play in  one that I could get something for having fun. The prize WAS WON by a Bretter5 and is in receipt of the Mouse as we speak. I'm done now and  I really gave you more than you deserve of my time, but I always marvel at your type of people that hates everything and is skeptical of his own shadow. You asshats are really missing out a some very fun things in life. Hey SGT we at Nunya would like to offer you a HUGE heaping spoonful of GO FUCK YOURSELF. Oh and have a nice day.
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6679|th3 unkn0wn

ratchetmn wrote:

You know Sarge there is a old saying and it's your lucky day I'm about to recite it for you, You have to pay to PLAY.
There is also another old saying which is "No paragraphs = an eyesore"
NUNYA! Bluecow003
+14|5889|Minneapolis, MN
Yes, the no paragraphs thing can be annoying, but let's concentrate on the content and the point of the post.
Sgt._Eraser74
Upper Decker Expert
+54|6533

NUNYA! Bluecow003 wrote:

Yes, the no paragraphs thing can be annoying, but let's concentrate on the content and the point of the post.
Point of the post is attempting to get your server listed as #1 as well as spamming for donations. Asking for donations in those links = SPAMMING FOR DONATIONS. Simply put, if you don't have the money to pay for your servers & site, then no need to have them.

Last edited by Sgt._Eraser74 (2008-03-17 10:44:45)

ratchetmn
+1|5869
Admit it you JUST DON"T get it.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6364|The Gem Saloon

ratchetmn wrote:

Mr Negative, or better known as Sgt whatever. Let me guess your the guy that thinks the government is bugging your cell phone and ceiling fan. Maybe your the guy that killed the Easter Bunny? Guys like Sgt. Jackass REALLY need to get over the whole world is a scam outlook. You will go to your grave a VERY VERY unhappy man. The sad state of affairs remains, Sarge, servers cost money. Yes no shit Sarge,  have put gas in your Vespa lately? Servers are no different! The servers you frequent now, THEY AINT FREE  EITHER. You know Sarge there is a old saying and it's your lucky day I'm about to recite it for you, You have to pay to PLAY.  All those other servers someone is paying for so your freeloading ass can play. The NUNYA CLAN is NOT and NEVER will be about money. It will remain a Clan of fun loving peeps that will Donate to play and have fun in a social event. Sarge you might not understand that because, I'm not sure anyone would associate with you. As far as the links you sighted, YOU sir are a awesome detective. Once again SGT. Negative you see peeps willing to Donate to provocate the Clan and the FUN! We ASK ( I never remember using a gun) for our members to help me pay for the server they ALL voted to have. If you would have taken the time to read the posts in our forum through neutral eyes you have have read just that. Now on to the prize!  Man you magician's are something else. I have played this game since the day it came out, and if I could have WON ANYTHING I would have entered every contest out there. Hey let's play in a server that I get zero cents an hour, or play in  one that I could get something for having fun. The prize WAS WON by a Bretter5 and is in receipt of the Mouse as we speak. I'm done now and  I really gave you more than you deserve of my time, but I always marvel at your type of people that hates everything and is skeptical of his own shadow. You asshats are really missing out a some very fun things in life. Hey SGT we at Nunya would like to offer you a HUGE heaping spoonful of GO FUCK YOURSELF. Oh and have a nice day.
this thread is about as annoying as this wall o' text bullshit....
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6450|Somewhere else

Kinda a neat idea.  Who cares if they take this approach at getting thier server full?
Sgt._Eraser74
Upper Decker Expert
+54|6533

Parker wrote:

ratchetmn wrote:

I agree. +1 for you.
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.

Parker wrote:

ratchetmn wrote:

I eggree.
ratchetmn
+1|5869
Is it as annoying as red and yellow text guy? Because I'm always looking to improve! Are you like the forum monitor? Nice job!
  • Index » 
  • Games » 
  • Clans » 
  • FREE NUNYA! Battlefield 2 Server Prize Giveaway!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard