m4s3rchi3f
+122|6313
Um, cool guide but the thing is, you cannot possibly avoid claymores. There's too many claymores just thrown around and suicide claywhores.
Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6513|Sydney, Australia
In my experience the moment I catch a glimpse of a claymore it explodes.
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6728|Charlie One Alpha

Vub wrote:

Yes.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
cirkelvonamn
+4|6523

Vub wrote:

sometimes i spot an enemy claymore and manage to stop just in time (at least thinking so) only to get blown away by it when i move backwards. strange thing to happen...
MeanMachine77
+25|6298

Nemesis-SBS- wrote:

i normally defuse clays with grenades....
Ermmm... not working?

Wes[75thR]
+3|6659|3/A/1/75th
I don't think it's been mentioned here, but a good tip for checking the top of ladders is to press 'C' when on the ladder. It gives you an outside view which makes seeing over the top of ladders less dangerous.
toutinette
+2|6278|Canada

Nemesis-SBS- wrote:

i normally defuse clays with grenades....
lol i fart on them
ethrion
+25|6412|Hong Kong @ the moment
Good guide. I agree and practice everything you mentioned. Some people are just utter retards but then they had it coming if they charge up ladders, stairs and towards flags without looking.
Drexel
+43|6495|Philadelphia
Just for clarification, this post was originally made January 2006, before the patch that made claymores smart enough to only go off when an enemy is there.  That is why this is only a general overview of what is going on today.  Some good remarks for it, but yes, there are those now-a-days that run in and drop claymores at the feet of the enemy.
Mr.Pieeater
+116|6643|Cherry Pie
Wait a minute...  People put claymores at the top of ladders?  Never thought of that...  hmmmm.
Sarciss
The Hunter
+163|6357|Too late for you to know...

Sniper's have Claymore's???! Omg!  I never threw one down because I thought it was a PSP!
Falcons707
+1|6385|Ontario, Canada
I find this tactic very useful. It still works, and the claymore never blows. I'd say 8/10 times an enemy sniper is up there, so you can get a different angle and snipe him. I did it on Sharqi like 4 times to the same guy.
Jrdeacs
+22|5917
Also to add you can defuse a land mine with the wrench to... just walk up to it and use the wrench... 
Korny09
+8|6292|Ohio
Don't run around tight corners! 
Turn corners carefully! 
Don't run up to green rectangles!

Some clay hotspots-
KK- by flag in the burbs, by the building on the hill across the river, at the hotel & around the corners surrounding the hotel.
Basically, where there are flags, there the clays will be.

Although I get killed by everything else, I barely every get killed by clays & am not sure why they are such an issue.
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6580|Southampton, UK

Not worth the flame.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6583|Area 51

Title wrote:

Claymores - How not to Die.
Answer: Do not run over them
Answer two: Avoid I/O
Answer three: Use a tank/plane/chopper.

Leet guide  

Last edited by RDMC (2008-03-13 14:42:15)

Grimm-Void
+2|5910|Netherlands, The Hague
Claymores have 1/0,5 sec or so before they explode. I sometimes manage to disable them by walking over them from side to side, so you past the explotion zone before it explodes. I also managed to disable them on top of ladders, just by sticking my head out far enough and then drop down again. So it explodes above you. But i can garantee that it works.

Greetz Grimm
Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6389|Stealth on Grand Bazaar

the_outsider38 wrote:

I would love playing sniper, if it wern't for those stupid teammates running into my frickin claymores. I swear somtimes they must TRY to be teamkilled, big capital letter warning and what not..
Tell me about it. I've had admins on servers where teamdamage is on do that, then blame me, even when I say to them over VOIP "don't run into that claymore" some people just aren't very smart.
The_Lance_117
CANADA STRONG
+110|5955|CANADA
You can always make the classic trap: Get a medic to put down a bunch of medical bags. Then, hide your clay in the middle of them.
Not very good strategy, but its killed me about 50 times.
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6361|California
This tut is GREAT...except for possibly Wake Island. But, other than that, I hope to see a few less tk's from friendly claymores cause of this.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard