Strngs012
Could I have 10,000 marbles please
+40|6564|Florida

TC.Troy wrote:

Seems Tony's rant after Atlanta may have done some good, chk this out:

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/headlin … index.html
I love how GoodYear tried to turn it around on Tony in the article, by not showing up to the Vegas tire test in Dec. For crying out loud these guys race 36 weeks a year. They have virtually no time off as is. I don't blame Tony for wanting to have a little time for himself. Sometimes at my job (I drive a Tractor Trailer) I'll be gone for 2 or 3 days and be getting back to the wharehouse late at night. My boss will call me up and and say "Hey I know the last thing you want to do when you get back is do some more work, but I need you hang out and move some trailers around for about an hour."
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719
in final practice (before our latest bought of rain) the 88 was 3rd on the charts.

Tommorow could be a good day on sooo many levels
Strngs012
+40|6564|Florida
yeah but now the rubbers gonna be washed off the track, at least they take notes during practice so they have a pretty good idea of how the cars are.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6668
man fuck this i cant watch the race because all the channels are showing the weather...
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719

ig wrote:

man fuck this i cant watch the race because all the channels are showing the weather...
They are in delay atm cat, no worries.  You come thru that deal ok the other night I assume?  Looking for more nasty stuff today huh?

*note to the media: During rain delays, PLEASE dont interview Kasey Kahne...he is such an idiot...
ig
+1,199|6668

TC.Troy wrote:

ig wrote:

They are in delay atm cat, no worries.  You come thru that deal ok the other night I assume?  Looking for more nasty stuff today huh?

*note to the media: During rain delays, PLEASE dont interview Kasey Kahne...he is such an idiot...
yea downtown got hit pretty hard, but i'm like 15 miles north of there, so we were ok. looks like theres some big stuff headed this way though. u think the nationwide race will happen today?
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6591|The Land of Scott Walker
Track drying almost complete, looks like we'll have a race ...
Strngs012
+40|6564|Florida
Damn networks, I just wasted an hour watching espn. Freakin ABC has nationwide coverage on. Why didn't I get the memo on this?
Stingray24
Fire it up!  Let's go racin'!
Stingray24
Aw, poor Kyle.
Strngs012
+40|6564|Florida
Dammit, Truex spins.....lol@kyle
Strngs012
+40|6564|Florida
lol Kyle Bush has left the building. I bet they fix the car and find out he's changed clothes and they get Truex to finish the race for him.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719

Strngs012 wrote:

lol Kyle Bush has left the building. I bet they fix the car and find out he's changed clothes and they get Truex to finish the race for him.
Does that mean that Truex will be driving for Gibbs next year? 
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719
Raceday 6.45am

Got my stuff togeather, gonna head out around 8am, it only takes 20 minutes to get there on any other day.  Today, it may take 2 hours...60,000+ cars they are expecting...geezus.  Not to mention even the various campers/motorhomes...

My lovely niece who is employed by Speedway Motor Sports (SMI-Bruton Smith) will be our driver for today (yes, you perves, I'm sure she be in one pic or another hehe) she has a golf cart and will ferry us around
Her normal job on raceday is VIP carting, so we may get lucky

Camera: chk.
Batteries: chk.
Spare card: chk.
Cooler: chk.

Let the day begin...

I'll post up after the race or something.  It'll take several hours to get home after its over.  Weather forecast is looking great, should be almost perfect for racing.

**88**

ig
+1,199|6668
hope you had a blast; im sure you did. we tried to record the race because we went to a gun show, and when we got back, we realized that it didnt record anything. doh! ive always liked burton, so it was good to see him win. another top 5 for jr; cant complain!
Strngs012
+40|6564|Florida
I'd love to be a fly on the wall during the Stewart Harvick conversation.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719
I'm home (10.08pm) the traffic was brutal outbound, but not so bad inbound.

I'll post pics tommorow night, I am exhausted.

yeah, we had a friggin blast
ig
+1,199|6668

TC.Troy wrote:

hell yea! do you know when they replay the race?
Strngs012
+40|6564|Florida

ig wrote:

TC.Troy wrote:

hell yea! do you know when they replay the race?
I don't think they replay the races this year. I'm home today (monday) and just checked the speed schedule. Nothing there.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719
The boys are off this weekend.  Not much news really...unless you consider this:
Little Jackie Roush wants to swap points for the 17 and 26 teams.  The 26 has fallen out of the top 35, and with a sponsor like Crown Royal, you know thats not going over very well back at corporate.
Penske did this with the 77 and the 2, but that was before the season started...long before it started.

IMO, NASCAR shouldnt allow this.  Swapping points, to me, really isnt good to begin with, but I can *sorta* understand it if done before the season begins.  After Daytona teams should NOT be allowed to swap points, period.

This is on the verge of insulting really.  Whats the point of a team working their collective asses off then watching the fruits of their labor go darting off to some other team?  NASCAR needs to get a grip on this ASAP.

I see this as something that if left unchecked will destroy this sport.
DSRTurtle
+56|6831

TC.Troy wrote:

The boys are off this weekend.  Not much news really...unless you consider this:
Little Jackie Roush wants to swap points for the 17 and 26 teams.  The 26 has fallen out of the top 35, and with a sponsor like Crown Royal, you know thats not going over very well back at corporate.
Penske did this with the 77 and the 2, but that was before the season started...long before it started.

IMO, NASCAR shouldnt allow this.  Swapping points, to me, really isnt good to begin with, but I can *sorta* understand it if done before the season begins.  After Daytona teams should NOT be allowed to swap points, period.

This is on the verge of insulting really.  Whats the point of a team working their collective asses off then watching the fruits of their labor go darting off to some other team?  NASCAR needs to get a grip on this ASAP.

I see this as something that if left unchecked will destroy this sport.
Nascar shouldn't allow it.  THe move they allowed Penske to do was an administrative move before the season.  And even now it's not helping Hornish a whole lot as he siss down below 30th and is in danger of falling ouit.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6917|PNW

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/unnamednewbie13/billthecat.jpg
Stingray24
Agree 100% TC.Troy, NASCAR should not allow the swap.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719
Read this article this morning on the NSCRC.  Found it very interesting.

This is kinda "must read" for NASCAR fans imo.  It opens up the commision and tells us who is on it, and how it works.  Great read, only gonna take about 3 minutes to digest.  I highly recomend it.

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/feature … index.html
Stingray24
Good find, very informative.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard