Skinnister
+43|6695|UK
https://x4.putfile.com/2/4906145124.jpgRAH-66
https://x4.putfile.com/2/4906103273-thumb.jpg comanche2
Patashnik
+0|6617
They look very odd without the gun armaments.
Skinnister
+43|6695|UK

Patashnik wrote:

They look very odd without the gun armaments.
LOL the weapons are hiden inside and open to the the side when deployed
smokingun
+2|6666|Houston, Texas
the that chopper is nice and alittle weird but, it would look good on BF2.

Last edited by smokingun (2006-02-19 05:20:19)

Skinnister
+43|6695|UK
Man i cant believe that you guys have never seen this chopper i gotta get some pics and vids to show you this thing in action
Mushroomcar
I L0v3 C4k3
+18|6689|Sweden
Ahh it's Commanche:)
But, i rather would like to fly the little bird instead.

Last edited by Mushroomcar (2006-02-19 05:24:53)

Sir Killa4live
+12|6616
its the next generation Heli's, so should be in it(game is situated in 2007)
LoS-Infinity
+4|6728
lol it is like the fake safety orange gun tip on the gatling gun...

kinda looks like a chopper you are meant to hold in your hand and fly around..
delta4bravo*nl*
Dutch Delight
+68|6722

Sir Killa4live wrote:

its the next generation Heli's, so should be in it(game is situated in 2007)
no its not the commache project has been stopped, no further development no production.
(BS)Commander_Canuck
+3|6616
That chopper was in the BFV mod Point of Existence... they are making a mod for BF2 as well some nice stuff...
http://www.pointofexistence.com/
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6704|cairns australia
yep seen hulk.
Ac1dh0u$3
+7|6612|Northern Ireland
i played the game comanche it was years ago , loved it the most enjoyable part was that this heli had heat seaking missles so planes or "frogfoots" as they were called in the game, didnt worry you, you just engaged them like anything else.
Swainy
+1|6622|UK, England
Looks like a life-size toy helicopter.
Lestat<CoN>
Didnt Do it
+9|6674
Ha thats the good ol RAH-66 Comanche that thing flew at 80mph SIDEWAYS and just as fast backwards without any trouble its a shame they cancelled it as it was a nice and handy chopper it carried enough types of weapons and types of load outs to be really effective on the battlefield.

I still play that game called Comanche4 it has quite the following online and i can tell you if the game was even close to what it was like in IRL it would be a damn good thing to fly
Rosse_modest
+76|6745|Antwerp, Flanders

Skinnister wrote:

Man i cant believe that you guys have never seen this chopper i gotta get some pics and vids to show you this thing in action
They're a bunch of barbarians...
-]Eucalyptus[-
I'm a MOO MOO STARRR!!1
+17|6713|Switzerland (Im not swiss tho)
WHY DID THEY CANCEL THE PRODUCTION???

(OMG caps and multiple punctuation marks!!! lol i'm just mad they canceled it)
l41e
+677|6618

Ac1dh0u$3 wrote:

i played the game comanche it was years ago , loved it the most enjoyable part was that this heli had heat seaking missles so planes or "frogfoots" as they were called in the game, didnt worry you, you just engaged them like anything else.
Join the club. I played Comanche 4 until it got messed up, your heli could take down an Su-25 better than your friendly F-16s. And the cannons of the Abrams tanks could aim straight up, and the TOW missiles on the M3 Bradleys could also shoot down Su-25s and MiGs... But I loved that Comanche. So fun. Too bad I can't still play it.
warco3
+1|6698|Orlando, FL
The RAH-66 Comanche was supposed to be the replacement for the OH-58D Kiowa Warrior. Eventually the Comanche would have also replaced the workhorse attack helo, the AH-64D Longbow Apache. Just like the Crusader Project (the new artillery piece slated to replace the Paladin), the Army saw that it would cost too much money, so both projects have been scrapped indefinately.

The Army has choosen instead to upgrade the Apache Longbow with ongoing R&D from Lockheed Martin and I'm sure they are upgrading (if it needs it) the Paladin to extend the life of both vehicles for years to come. The M1A2 is ongoing for the SEP upgrade as well. It takes several years to complete this process. When I was in Fort Stewart we were still using the old M1A1C, after all. Eventually though, I think the heavy Main Battle Tank will be phased out completely in favor of the faster and more deployable vehicles like the LAV-25.

How do I know all this? I was a tanker from 1997 to 2001 and an Apache electrician from 2001 to 2004. DEE DEE DEE!

P.S. I hate it when they post the top speed spec of the M1 at 60mph. Yeah sure, if you drive down a 45 degree slope on a paved road MAYBE. The REAL top speed of the Abrams on a FLAT ROAD was 40mph, with an engine and track in top condition. Otherwise you'll average 35mph on a tank with regular wear and tear from years of use and abuse.

P.S.S AH=Attack Helicopter,
         RAH=Recon Attack Helo
         OH=Observation Helo
         UH=Utility Helo (i.e. Blackhawk)
         SEP=System Enhancement Program (HAH found it! )

Last edited by warco3 (2006-02-19 10:13:27)

airborne916
+24|6635

-]Eucalyptus[- wrote:

WHY DID THEY CANCEL THE PRODUCTION???

(OMG caps and multiple punctuation marks!!! lol i'm just mad they canceled it)
because it is being made by the US army, not the marine corps.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard