No I actually might try it, to see what all the hype is about
FF is the overhyped browser, not Opera.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6706|Charlie One Alpha

rh27 wrote:

QFT.

The only people I've ever seen who don't love Opera are die-hard closed minded FireFox fanboys.
I switched from Opera to FireFox a year ago because Opera kept fucking with me about any site that uses cookies (read: the internet), and I don't like its tab system as much. (I'm not a FF fanboy, because I didn't even know FireFox at the time.)
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
rh27
Not really a Brit
+51|6593|England

Tehremos wrote:

rh27 wrote:

QFT.

The only people I've ever seen who don't love Opera are die-hard closed minded FireFox fanboys.
i'm a firefox fanboy, i love opera, the only reason i don't use opera instead is because it's "content blocker" is crap, it can only block pictures, whereas addblock plus for firefox can block links, pictures and even the frame that the add is in, thus making it so an add will never appear there
Opera can block all that, and it rearranges the page so you don't get ugly gaps where the ads were.

http://my.opera.com/Tamil/blog/ad-block

First result from a Google search. Do some research first please.

LaidBackNinja wrote:

I switched from Opera to FireFox a year ago because Opera kept fucking with me about any site that uses cookies (read: the internet), and I don't like its tab system as much. (I'm not a FF fanboy, because I didn't even know FireFox at the time.)
Yeah unfortunately Opera blocks most cookies you actually want by default. You can overcome that by fiddling with the settings though.

Last edited by rh27 (2008-03-14 10:26:54)

SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5971|England

no u suck @ using firefox nab
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6597|132 and Bush

I like Opera as well. But I have become too accustomed to my FF extensions. I have one site that needs to be run with IE. I just use the extension that allows me to run IE within FF for it though.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6522|South Florida

rh27 wrote:

QFT.

I tried Opera but the main reason i didn't like it is because i didn't really understand the password storage thing. I like when FF fills out my passwords automatically but in Opera i had to use some weird ass magic wand thing -.-

I'll give Opera credit though, its a quality browser, but im just used to Firefox.

Firefox & Opera > Everything else > No internet > IE

Last edited by Mitch (2008-03-14 10:39:11)

15 more years! 15 more years!
Nakamp
+25|6191|Czech Republic
My Firefox is now taking 122 000 kB and I have 7 tabs opened. I heard that Firefox 3 should be the fastest for Java, don't know how is it with Firefox 2, but I don't have any problems with it.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6490|N. Ireland
Are you on the beta?
GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6782|Anaheim, CA

I use firefox for the majority of my browsing.  But here and there I have to use IE to view some sites.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6729|St. Andrews / Oslo

Mitch wrote:

I tried Opera but the main reason i didn't like it is because i didn't really understand the password storage thing. I like when FF fills out my passwords automatically but in Opera i had to use some weird ass magic wand thing -.-

Ctrl + Enter
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Daggoth-UR-XXX
+21|6580|NC, USA, Earth, Milky Way
No crashes or problems with Firefox here.  I use both IE7 and FF.

Though I have seen webpages that tell me they don't support IE7, and I have to reopen them with FF.  (usually it's a vulgar "i hate microsoft, go take your browser somewhere else" rant).

Of course, you know you can't browse some mililtary/government pages with FF or get updates from microsoft without going through IE7.

All in all, IE7 loads slowest for me, but that is mostly because of my weak cable/dsl connection to begin with.   More often than naught, I find myself joining sites with high traffic yet low bandwidth and I get the lovely 404 message.

Often I can't load BF2s until the 3rd or 4th try on both FF and IE7.

As for memory...cough* I have 512 MB of RAM.

DAGG
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6640
I dont see what all the fuss about FF is.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5928|Somewhere out in Space
A friend of mine installed FF without my knowledge about a year ago, at a time where i despised it.  I figured i should leave it on as a backup.  Soon enough, IE breaks.  Reinstall, breaks, reinstall, breaks again.  By now im fucking fed up with this shit, so i try firefox.  Frankly i could give less of a shit what browser i use, but at least firefox gives my browsing STABILITY.  So far i havent come across a single site that crashes/freezes etc. firefox, the problem is most likely your fault.

Ill go download opera now, might as well.

SamTheMan:D wrote:

no u suck @ using firefox nab
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6465
IE7 is just awful. It has nothing on FireFox.
Stun_Gun
The Tom Cruise of BF2 pilots
+102|6769|California, US
you nerds are complaining about what you browse the internet with....
go watch your adult swim and stfu!
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6687|Devon, England
IE7 > all

Simplicity at its best.

Works perfectly fine for me.
02fxnmaurer
+75|6479|Birmingham UK
800k.....isnt tht just .8 of a mb ...massive use of ur gb's of ram

lol
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6681|Espoo, Finland

NooBesT wrote:

Kurazoo wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

Try Opera.

No really.

It's Norwegian, Sexy and Awesome.... Like me
nou

Fanboy.

I didn't see any advantages in Opera when I tried it, and I like the firefox UI a lot more than Operas.
See where I'm going? It's about personal taste, no-one cares what browser you use just use the one that suits you.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6465

Gawwad wrote:

NooBesT wrote:

Kurazoo wrote:

nou

Fanboy.

I didn't see any advantages in Opera when I tried it, and I like the firefox UI a lot more than Operas.
See where I'm going? It's about personal taste, no-one cares what browser you use just use the one that suits you.
I'm just stating the facts.

Use whatever browser you want...
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6587|Reisterstown, MD

Stun_Gun wrote:

you nerds are complaining about what you browse the internet with....
go watch your adult swim and stfu!
Sorry the talk here is too advanced for your brain.  The only thing I hate about FF is the memory issues that are being solved with Beta 3.  Opera is ok.  I still like FF.  I'm not sure if that makes me a fan boy simply because I prefer FF over any other browser at this time. 
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6519
wrong section
ghettoperson
+1,943|6646

I don't get what people like about Opera so much. Sure, it's quick and I'd use it any day over IE, but I don't think I could live without my FF extensions. The extensions are what make it a superior browser.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6465

FFLink13 wrote:

IE7 > all

Simplicity at its best.

Works perfectly fine for me.
FireFox is just like IE7 in terms of user friendliness, however it also has alot of customization so if you aren't a tol'n00b you can make your internets waaaay better.

FF is the best browser. Opera is good I'll admit but FF is the best browser.
tkoi
Utahraptor!
+148|6144|Texas

02fxnmaurer wrote:

800k.....isnt tht just .8 of a mb ...massive use of ur gb's of ram

lol
800,000k.... That's about 800mb.

lol
InnerMonkey
+62|6715
I've been using FF since it was Phoenix .1, I've never seen memory usage see folks complain about unless the browser hung.  I don't think I've had more than a 200-300 mb used since they changed the name from Firebird or whatever it was for a while there.  Mind you, I don't have 1000 fucking extensions loaded, and the ones that I do are nothing crazy.  I can only assume that I'm either very very lucky, or there is something different between the way I use/maintain a browser vs lots of other folks.  Do you have to keep 50 tabs open for weeks or something?  Does it happen with a vanilla install with no extensions? 

How many of FF users don't see 600mb+ of memory eaten by FF? 

I use noscript and judiciously control what sites get to use java on my PC.  I block ads on all sites I don't frequent, and even then I'm selective about it.  Maybe those things help, dunno.  Thinking about it, the only thing I can think of that I've never got to work in FF is a java frontend for OWA.  I wasn't too surpised that a Microsoft web frontend doesn't play well with other browsers, but further testing shows it works in FF under Linux and OSx, as well as Safari.  I don't know why it doesn't work on my desktop.  The problem was not fixed by my last upgrade and rebuild, so Outlook Web Access joins Netflix video streaming as things I need IE for.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard