No, clone nothing5%5% - 5
Yes, only simple life forms17%17% - 15
Only plants10%10% - 9
Total: 87
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6115|Birmingham, UK
What are you opinions on it?

Do you think cloning should be made legal for humans?

If so, why?

If not, why?

What are your thoughts/opinions on cloning and science such as this?

Inspired by my science class and that thread about the drones, which can be found here: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=72478

Last edited by Bf2-GeneralArnott (2008-03-14 11:54:03)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6563
Clone Mohammed. In the Topkapi palace in Istanbul I saw a hair from the prophet's beard. I say we use it to clone him.
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
+145|6664|The View From The Afternoon
Yes to all. Cloning is a fact, mankind would be foolish not to take advantage of the possibilities. There's too much talking about ethics concidering the opposers are fairly outnumbered. Cloning is one step closer to life enhancements and cures for diseases like HIV and cancer.

edit: spelling

Last edited by CruZ4dR (2008-03-14 12:09:48)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6629|London, England

CameronPoe wrote:

Clone Mohammed. In the Topkapi palace in Istanbul I saw a hair from the prophet's beard. I say we use it to clone him.
I don't think a hair would be able to survive that long
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6576|Mountains of NC

start cloning hot chicks then we can weed out the less desirable ones
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
jord
+2,382|6686|The North, beyond the wall.

SEREMAKER wrote:

start cloning hot chicks then we can weed out the less desirable ones
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
Heard of the scientists that wanted to clone Hitler so they could torture him to death? I'm not kidding.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6115|Birmingham, UK

CruZ4dR wrote:

Yes to all. Cloning is a fact, mankind would be foolish not to take advantage of the pollibilities. There's too much talking about ethics concidering the opposers are fairly outnumbered. Cloning is one step closer to life enhancements and cures for diseases like HIV and cancer.
Do you think medical science is good though?

Taking away cancer and HIV means that there will be new, more terrible diseases discovered, more mistakes made. We will think we are all God, we are not, we are fragile and make foolish mistakes, the human race, on a whole, wants to survive.

Is this good though? Taking away disease and sickness means we will not die, more people are being born, over-crowding the planet, causing more poverty, polluting it more, making it a more miserable life for people in Asia and Africa, and, everywhere actually.
r00ts
xD
+81|6550|Netherlands

CruZ4dR wrote:

.....advantage of the pollibilities. ....
Polliwut? lol

ontopic, I think you could clone bodyparts like hearts or so for the benefit of healthcare.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6662

Yes, clone "anything", albeit with very strict regulations and restrictions. Maybe this is the end to world hunger? Just so long as the food is safe to eat.

And poor Peta, they complain about how cattle / livestock / etc. are treated in slaughterhouses and whatnot, if we end it by cloning animals, they'll complain about that instead.

Last edited by mtb0minime (2008-03-14 12:12:13)

CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer

Bf2-GeneralArnott wrote:

CruZ4dR wrote:

Yes to all. Cloning is a fact, mankind would be foolish not to take advantage of the pollibilities. There's too much talking about ethics concidering the opposers are fairly outnumbered. Cloning is one step closer to life enhancements and cures for diseases like HIV and cancer.

Taking away cancer and HIV means that there will be new, more terrible diseases discovered, more mistakes made. We will think we are all God, we are not, we are fragile and make foolish mistakes, the human race, on a whole, wants to survive.

Is this good though? Taking away disease and sickness means we will not die, more people are being born, over-crowding the planet, causing more poverty, polluting it more, making it a more miserable life for people in Asia and Africa, and, everywhere actually.
I don't believe in negative progress in science. Your question is good though. As for increasing population I guess the evolution goes into practise again, survival of the fittest (and luckiest). I do support the thing China does, with one child per family (still this kinda misses the subject).

The doubters and opposers to cloning are only slowing down the progress, I'd rather have them done making cures for cancer before I'm dead than after
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6115|Birmingham, UK

CruZ4dR wrote:

Bf2-GeneralArnott wrote:

CruZ4dR wrote:

I don't believe in negative progress in science. Your question is good though. As for increasing population I guess the evolution goes into practise again, survival of the fittest (and luckiest). I do support the thing China does, with one child per family (still this kinda misses the subject).

The doubters and opposers to cloning are only slowing down the progress, I'd rather have them done making cures for cancer before I'm dead than after
But, i don't have a negative attitude to progress in science, i like science, and i am interested in science anyway.

But thats not the point, the point is, bringing God into this, he gave us disease didn't he? He did not intend for the human race to live forever did he? Even though some of you may not believe in God, i do.
Ill update this post later, i have T.V to watch.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6680|Colorado
I'd say we have no choice but to clone to insure the survival of the species, it's time to colonize other worlds & we could engineer them specifically for the environment they would be in, the only thing that seems to stand in the way is some fleeting religious morality amongst the masses.
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer

Bf2-GeneralArnott wrote:

CruZ4dR wrote:

Bf2-GeneralArnott wrote:

But, i don't have a negative attitude to progress in science, i like science, and i am interested in science anyway.

But thats not the point, the point is, bringing God into this, he gave us disease didn't he? He did not intend for the human race to live forever did he? Even though some of you may not believe in God, i do.
Ill update this post later, i have T.V to watch.
I don't believe in God. I believe in science.
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6717|Charlie One Alpha
I don't understand the question.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6693|Espoo, Finland
Cloning humans is a bad idea (evolution wise, better keep mixing the gene pool), but cloning for medical reasons should definately be allowed.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6007|...
cloning humans is bad mmkay.
inane little opines
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer

dayarath wrote:

Why?

Btw D&ST
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6718|Sweden
Anything but humans as far as i can stretch myself. We have been interfereing with mother nature enough as it is. I would find it extremely disturbing and unpleasant if they could clone and breed full scale humans yuck.
Des.Kmal
+917|6626|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
i think it wont be used to "clone" humans for a while.... a long while >50 years. its still in the ethics and morals stage. it should be just stem cells and working on curing diseases for a while, till some scientist breaks it and opens the gate so to say with actually cloning humans.

(just think if u were the first cloned human... like dolly the sheep..... thatd be worse than "you're adopted". lmfao. "you're a clone...")

ROFL
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6007|...

CruZ4dR wrote:

dayarath wrote:

Why?

Btw D&ST
You clone the perfect humans about a few billion times, the original human population becomes useless, since the other clone is 'perfect'. Why have normal humans do the job if you can get something far superior to any other human.

We'd be extinguishing ourselves.
inane little opines
Des.Kmal

dayarath wrote:

CruZ4dR wrote:

dayarath wrote:

Why?

Btw D&ST
You clone the perfect humans about a few billion times, the original human population becomes useless, since the other clone is 'perfect'. Why have normal humans do the job if you can get something far superior to any other human.

well.. the scientists would be exterminating the "other" humans. they;d be exempt cuz they made them. lol

lol, i bet it'd backfire like frankenstein. lol.
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer

dayarath wrote:

CruZ4dR wrote:

dayarath wrote:

Why?

Btw D&ST

Wouldn't happen, even though I don't see the problem in "perfectiong" ourselves
Des.Kmal

CruZ4dR wrote:

dayarath wrote:

CruZ4dR wrote:

Why?

Btw D&ST

Wouldn't happen, even though I don't see the problem in "perfectiong" ourselves
lol. never say 'never'.

and u dont? what'd be the of a human race if we just made them ourselves?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6640|949

No I don't believe in it.  It is a crutch for the emotionally weak; an opiate of the masses.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2008-03-14 12:43:59)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard