TGMaverick
+16|6219

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

Don't speed.
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6661|A sunburnt country
I lost my youngest brother in a car that was speeding and he wasn't even driving.  I wish they'd raise it to a $10,000 fine.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6763|Noizyland

Those fines are way to excessive. We used to have those boxes here too but cops decided that they weren't catching enough people - people soon knew where they were and slowed down - something a deterrent is supposed to do of course. Now the cops hide them anywhere around the countryside, mostly in areas which aren't accident prone. I've never been caught but it seems so unfair that people are. They never catch the people who are arseholes on the road, they always seem to just catch the people who let their speed climb up a bit. The stupidest thing is that not knowing you've been photographed means you don't get the reminder to keep your speeds down, you just keep driving faster and faster until you either look at the speedometer or crash.

Speed cameras are a useless way for the government to get more money from it's citizens. I can't honestly think of any other reason for them as they're not really a deterrent.

People who speed intentionally or drink drive are the scum of the earth, unfortunatly speed cameras do nothing to stop that.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6462|6 6 4 oh, I forget

TGMaverick wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

Don't speed.
But I love speeding!
yogi_is_bare
+8|5880|UK
does anyone from the UK know how long it takes for the fine/points on your licence to go through when you have been caught speeding by the speed cameras? like a week/ a month etc.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6674|Espoo, Finland

Ty wrote:

Those fines are way to excessive. We used to have those boxes here too but cops decided that they weren't catching enough people - people soon knew where they were and slowed down - something a deterrent is supposed to do of course. Now the cops hide them anywhere around the countryside, mostly in areas which aren't accident prone. I've never been caught but it seems so unfair that people are. They never catch the people who are arseholes on the road, they always seem to just catch the people who let their speed climb up a bit. The stupidest thing is that not knowing you've been photographed means you don't get the reminder to keep your speeds down, you just keep driving faster and faster until you either look at the speedometer or crash.

Speed cameras are a useless way for the government to get more money from it's citizens. I can't honestly think of any other reason for them as they're not really a deterrent.

People who speed intentionally or drink drive are the scum of the earth, unfortunatly speed cameras do nothing to stop that.
A GPS device that would announce if you were going too fast (say 10km/h over the limit) could work. If it just blinked a light or something, it wouldn't annoy people and would prevent accidental speeding.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6685|NJ

Wow, I could think of so much worse stuff for people to be the scum of the earth..

I live in Jersey we have more cops then any other state per square mile.. And 80 mph on the highway is a norm.. Where I'm sorry to hear about the guys lose of his younger brother, it was an accident they do happen.. But Speed camera's are just a illegal generator builder, because what if you're not driving? You still get the fine? Does it take a picture of your face as well?

If it doesn't get your face and the fines are that high, I'm sure there's alot of people stealing licensee plates.
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6644|UK

yogi_is_bare wrote:

does anyone from the UK know how long it takes for the fine/points on your licence to go through when you have been caught speeding by the speed cameras? like a week/ a month etc.
I was caught by a speed gun van, basically a mobile speed camera set up on the side of the road in the back of a van. it took them about 2-3 weeks to send me all the details, but if you do get caught make them send you photo proof, they actually have to be able to see YOU clearly driving the car, as it the person that is being fined not the car, i wished i had new this b4 i paid the £60 fine and got 3 points that stay on your license for 3 years, it was not untill a week or so later that i read in the local rag that they had not actually been clear enough to ID the drivers in the car so hence a lot of drivers got away with it, but thats just the mobile ones as its done on avg speed not actual, i then said how can that be when the fixed cameras take a pic from the back of the car, and the easy answer to that is thats based on actual speed, and the car wont be driving its self so someone will have to take the fine.. so if you have not heard anything for about 3 weeks dont worry
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6557|Mountains of NC

whats with the bitching about the fines and the cameras .................... its the LAW ........... if you don't want to pay then I would suggest obey the speed limit, hate those cameras then obey the speed limit and they won't bother you

as pt cop I've seen some horrific accidents that involved speeding .................... and whats amazing is that ppl bitch
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
PRLR
+5|5987|Northern Sweden

Gawwad wrote:

PRLR wrote:

In sweden you just have to turn away your face and tell the police it wasnt you that drived the car. If you do that you wont get a ticket. Atleast the rumor says
If you do that, they'll just send the ticket to the owner of the car.
No, im almost sure it is the driver that needs to pay the fine.
If not, what about rent cars?
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6721|St. Andrews / Oslo

Let me teach you the art of avoiding photoboxes.

First, you should know this:

a) Police are almost non-existant on these rodes
b) faster = better

now, the tips.

1) Learn your rode.
   i) if you drive there often, learn where they are
   ii) if not, buy one of those radars that beeps when you get close to them (they sell them at gass-stations, lol)

2) Drive like you're supposed to (~10km/h over the limit), doing slalom between the idiots following the speed limit

3) Break when you get to the photobox

or, you can speed right past them if:

A) the sun is in your face (camera will be blinded)

B) you're smart and don't wash you're licence plate.
     - 40% of the licence plates are unreadable, and our poor country can't afford manuall controll. So nothing happens.

Just so you know, this will let you do Oslo - Lillehammer in just over 2 hours.

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
yogi_is_bare
+8|5880|UK

Rubix-Cubes wrote:

yogi_is_bare wrote:

I was caught by a speed gun van, basically a mobile speed camera set up on the side of the road in the back of a van. it took them about 2-3 weeks to send me all the details, but if you do get caught make them send you photo proof, they actually have to be able to see YOU clearly driving the car, as it the person that is being fined not the car, i wished i had new this b4 i paid the £60 fine and got 3 points that stay on your license for 3 years, it was not untill a week or so later that i read in the local rag that they had not actually been clear enough to ID the drivers in the car so hence a lot of drivers got away with it, but thats just the mobile ones as its done on avg speed not actual, i then said how can that be when the fixed cameras take a pic from the back of the car, and the easy answer to that is thats based on actual speed, and the car wont be driving its self so someone will have to take the fine.. so if you have not heard anything for about 3 weeks dont worry
wow nice info thanks. its been longer than 3 weeks so im slowly just forgetting about it but if anything does come through i will remember this thanks a lot. also i was not speeding intentionally i saw the flash looked at my speed which was 40mph the limit is 30 but i did feel as if it was safe it was an open road with no cars or people, i dont go speeding intentionally to be dangerous/ show off etc.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

here this stuff actual does work
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6721|St. Andrews / Oslo

SEREMAKER wrote:

haha, that's awesome.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
cpt.fass1
+329|6685|NJ
My first speeding ticket ever.. Was in Chester New Jersey a really Rich small town, which has all new cop cars ever two years and about 20 of them when they have a police force of 10 if even.. I know this town and it's horrible reputation for tickets, so I was driving extra careful doing the 25 down the main part.. Then I hit the traffic light and about 100 yards after there's the 35 mile an hour speed sign, so when the light turned green I slowely get my way up to 35 and then I see the cherries.. I get pulled over for doing 35 in a 25 and a ticket because it turns to 35 after the sign.. The FUCKING ASSHOLE cop..
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

Jenspm wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

haha, that's awesome.
we've tested it on a few different vehicles and all of them were blocked from the camera
Ultrafunkula

Rubix-Cubes wrote:

yogi_is_bare wrote:

Yep. And if you are asked to go to the police station for questioning get amnesia. If the coppers ask were YOU driving here and there on that day you just don't remember. At that point they clearly have a bad photo of you and they are trying to lure a confession out of you. My gf:s classmate went in that one and she said "yes it was me". Then the cop said, "good that you confessed because we couldn't identify you because the photo was blurry". Probably no need to say she was boiling after that. But if you feel like retrieving the photo of yourself speeding, don't get caught after you saw down the tower and destroy the evidence. One guy in Finland got fined around 40k€ after he started babbling around and got caught

Last edited by Ultrafunkula (2008-03-14 07:23:25)

..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6638

Polux wrote:

we don't have any speeding cameras in Luxembourg, an we have less than 60 deadly accidents a year.
That's not the police's objective although they say it is. Speeding tickets stack up big money for the country's beloved police force.
Ultrafunkula

SEREMAKER wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

haha, that's awesome.
we've tested it on a few different vehicles and all of them were blocked from the camera
Nice stuff. Wonder if the customs would have problems with this coming be mail
cpt.fass1
+329|6685|NJ

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Rubix-Cubes wrote:

yogi_is_bare wrote:

Yep. And if you are asked to go to the police station for questioning get amnesia. If the coppers ask were YOU driving here and there on that day you just don't remember. At that point they clearly have a bad photo of you and they are trying to lure a confession out of you. My gf:s classmate went in that one and she said "yes it was me". Then the cop said, "good that you confessed because we couldn't identify you because the photo was blurry". Probably no need to say she was boiling after that. But if you feel like retrieving the photo of yourself speeding, don't get caught after you saw down the tower and destroy the evidence. One guy in Finland got fined around 40k€ after he started babbling around and got caught
Thank god they're out there stoping real crime.. Yeah remember if you are ever asked anything by a police officer make sure you lie..
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

Ultrafunkula wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

haha, that's awesome.
Nice stuff. Wonder if the customs would have problems with this coming be mail
can't say ........ if you know someone that will buy it then ship it to you then have that person tear the label off, then customs won't know what it is
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6560|USA
don't have em here, thank god. and most cops here will let us get away with 5 mph over, some as much as ten, depending on  what you're doing (lane change, passing, etc).
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6515|Milkystania, yurop
Dont do speed, dont u know it kills
millmax
Wanna fly over Oslo? PM me!
+18|6527|Norway

Magpie wrote:

Dont do speed, dont u know it kills
Speeding never killed anyone. Ever.  It's the sudden stops that kills.
The#1Spot
+105|6528|byah

SEREMAKER wrote:

whats with the bitching about the fines and the cameras .................... its the LAW ........... if you don't want to pay then I would suggest obey the speed limit, hate those cameras then obey the speed limit and they won't bother you

as pt cop I've seen some horrific accidents that involved speeding .................... and whats amazing is that ppl bitch
That was pretty much a hypocrite statement. Cops run red lights, go 5 to 10 over on hwys and not signal as they please and get away with it. Its hard to respect a cop when they don't get punished for things everyone else does.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard