StickyBombs
+8|6774|Sacramento, CA (USA)
Check out this video...just shows you how crazy the 1.12 patch is.

http://www.secretsofbattlefield.com/Insaneaa.wmv
StickyBombs
Ok so its late and I can't spell...that title is supposed to read the most insane...whoops!!!
SpecialOp21
+0|6723|USA
You mean 1.2, right? And yea, the new AA system is extremely overkill. Basically, if they get a lock on you, you're dead. The only way to survive in choppers is to fly low and sneak up on the AA sites.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6861|Bryan/College Station, TX
LOL. I saw the first part of that movie on another thread but I didn't see the chopper part before.

What the hell are those missles doing? Corkscrews on the way to the chopper??

Jesus now I'm convinced the AA is just wacked out. I like that they are more accurate but come on. What kind of fix is this?
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6736|Melbourne, Australia
i shot aa the other night and it sat der jumpin bak an fowards .. flying forwards then doing a 180 and flying backwards it just kept going back and forwarsd.. :S
SpecialOp21
+0|6723|USA
Apparently EA has no clue about the laws of physics. With the speed the missles travel at, there is no way in hell they could possibly make those tight turns. Someone needs to beat their programmers over the head with a big Physics textbook.
A=10
+-2|6804|U.K DURHAM
its a pile of crap fix and before any 1 starts to cry plane whore its not that at all i do better with this patch than before. its just got so many bugs in it i must say well done to making a pile of shit patch i would rather see bunny hopping n00bers and c4 thrown all over than this mess of a fix.
Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6664
good lord.. this is like the 501st topic on the new AA system.. dont you guys ever get tired of whining about it?
they've changed it - ok.. but lets be honest... does it really hurt if you end up with 50/10 instead of 50/1 now at the end of a round? I dont think so. By now I've seen many skilled chopper pilots who are still capable of dodging AA and tanking AA out... and with all this AA discussion you seem to forget something vital. There are still ground troops, capable of taking out AA...
I want to see a guy, sitting in a stinger, defending himself against a sniper or something similar
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6682|NT, like Mick Dundee

Stated before by many but I'll say it again for good measure SpecOp21, the game is not meant to be realistic, so the laws of physics can be broken by alot of things in this game...

A tank taking damage from a hole in the ground... My ass it would...

A shifter fixing stone/wooden bridges....

I can go on if you want...

AA sure as hell isn't balanced perfectly, but if you visit Internode or Gamearena servers you will notice some of the old tactics being used more often... The Black Hawk as a mobile transport for HALO drops is now common place on Wake servers...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
airborne916
+24|6682

Eboreus wrote:

good lord.. this is like the 501st topic on the new AA system.. dont you guys ever get tired of whining about it?
they've changed it - ok.. but lets be honest... does it really hurt if you end up with 50/10 instead of 50/1 now at the end of a round? I dont think so. By now I've seen many skilled chopper pilots who are still capable of dodging AA and tanking AA out... and with all this AA discussion you seem to forget something vital. There are still ground troops, capable of taking out AA...
I want to see a guy, sitting in a stinger, defending himself against a sniper or something similar
did you see the fucking vid? THAT SHIT IS SOMETHING TO WINE ABOUT.
StickyBombs

airborne916 wrote:

Eboreus wrote:

Exactly my point... I mean come on did anybody actually test this patch...or what...I mean its happened many many times to people.  You would think in all those months of "working on the patch" they would have fixed that.  LOL
Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6664

airborne916 wrote:

Eboreus wrote:

I saw the vid and it's neither new nor something to get upset about imo... well if you insist on stupid flying stunts instead of actually taking out the AA site... your fault and when people are so pissed by AA... god leave choppers and planes to people who still enjoy them and use the pair of legs dice gave you
airborne916
+24|6682

Eboreus wrote:

airborne916 wrote:

Eboreus wrote:

I saw the vid and it's neither new nor something to get upset about imo... well if you insist on stupid flying stunts instead of actually taking out the AA site... your fault and when people are so pissed by AA... god leave choppers and planes to people who still enjoy them and use the pair of legs dice gave you
this is not about people bitching about the AA and how good it is anymore. It's just THAT SHIT NEEDS TO BE FIXED, i should not do that.

Last edited by airborne916 (2006-02-19 03:18:22)

Esker
+1|6744
I used to hate this patch, but some of the fucked up shit in it is just hilarious.
psychotoxic187
+11|6726
There is also a bug where the chopper will keep releasing flares, making it impossible to lock on to it. I've only seen it a few times, but this patch has created so many new bugs, and never fixed any of the ones they said they fixed.
A=10
+-2|6804|U.K DURHAM
man if you say anything on here about the new god damn pile of shit patch its nothing but flame. are you fucking blind to the game or is it that you play nothing but karkand. the guy is on about 1 of the bugs in the game. this patch is nothing but bugs if you ask me sure they put some good shit in it but ffs i see shit that was not going on before i put this pile of crap in my pc. i take it i must be 1 of few that have seen odd shit happen. or is it your to fucking thick to notice the bugs come on bring on the next patch lets have more crap bugs to add to the others you dont fix.
Major_M_Walsh
+0|6708|Ireland

Esker wrote:

some of the fucked up shit in it is just hilarious.
^^ qft.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6718
lol, That video is hilarious. I dont really care if they want to tweak the game and make AA more effective, but the least they could do is spend 5 minutes testing their changes. I mean, how long would it take in game to notice that the missiles are fucking crazy now? It took me about 5 minutes...
I2elik
+12|6769|Perth, Western Australia

SpecialOp21 wrote:

Apparently EA has no clue about the laws of physics. With the speed the missles travel at, there is no way in hell they could possibly make those tight turns. Someone needs to beat their programmers over the head with a big Physics textbook.
For the *some number in the billions*-th time, EA does not MAKE the damn game, nor do they patch it. IT IS DICE FOR GAWD'S SAKE.
JonskyGBR
+5|6690|England

I2elik wrote:

For the *some number in the billions*-th time, EA does not MAKE the damn game, nor do they patch it. IT IS DICE FOR GAWD'S SAKE.
EA are just the one who say, If you don't do it by "this date" you aint getting paid! Cos they're nice like that.
-TAC^Taurian-
+1|6725

StickyBombs wrote:

Check out this video...just shows you how crazy the 1.12 patch is.

http://www.secretsofbattlefield.com/Insaneaa.wmv
OMG, THATS CRAZY
jOiNt_frAGGeR
+11|6670
in real (ace combat) are these missiles called QAM (quick air missiles) they play with their sacrifice....normally they are used to destroy extrem fast jets like tke suchoi-34 but against choppers...uhhh
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6697
Whats wrong here ? For sure missles can do that . Why can't a missle travling at mach 900 do corkscrews without breaking up into smitherines ? Geesh you people just want everything don't you ?
StickyBombs

jonnykill wrote:

Whats wrong here ? For sure missles can do that . Why can't a missle travling at mach 900 do corkscrews without breaking up into smitherines ? Geesh you people just want everything don't you ?
LOL yeah I mean come on...I have seen missles in real life do that all the time.  Hell even hollywood movies aren't that bad.
Sh4rkb1t3
+6|6702
Its called lag.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard