Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6741|Tampa Bay Florida
I just hooked my my Geforce 6600, will post in 15-20 minutes.

GOD DAMN I HOPE THIS THING WORKS
Momthemeatloaf
+0|6696
I'm running a Radeon 8500 and the 1.2 patch f@cked up things bigtime.  I'm having the exact same problem as the 9000 series.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6894|Bryan/College Station, TX
I'm going to add one problem to the growing list.

It seems that I get "Problems with you Connection" quite a bit more now after the patch.

I used the full download patch from EA.
Settings are the same but I have turned off Anti-Aliasing

It seems to be some kind of strange connectivity issue. COuld be my ISP but I wanted to see if others are getting quite a few of these connection issues while already in a game.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
tizzy83
+0|6761
This is a note right from EA's site -- this problem screwed me over too
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note that if you have a ATI Radeon 9200 PCI card (this does not apply to AGP or PCI Express cards), you may experience this issue even after updating your drivers.  Although this card meets the memory requirements for running the game, when tested it was not able to run the game with a stability adequate enough to make the official supported video card list in the Readme for the game.  Updating your video card drivers as well as your motherboard firmware may help to resolve this issue.  Please refer to your video card manufacturer for further instruction.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
Huh.  Well my Geforce is working great, playing now with much better fps than it ever was,

Installed Geforce 6600 last night

Pentium 4,
1.5 GB od ram

BF2 is running EXTREMELY smooth now... for the first time I actually see that is has lots of nice graphics, even though all my settings are on low

So (for me anyway) it seemed to be the vid card.

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-02-17 11:24:53)

Ryan
+1,230|6894|Alberta, Canada

I asked EA games a question and they just said the patch identified that i didnt have the right system reqs so thats why it does that.
SnobbyBoss
SAS Medic
+18|6791
Well, I DLed the patch and ran it. It installed succesfully but when i try to run it i just get a black screen. Nothing, just black screen. Then i Ctrl+Alt+Del the game and unistalled all of BF2. I have a RADEON 9550 256mb AGP card. It worked fine untill i installed the patch. I hate EA/DICE for doing this to me. All the people that bought new hardware just to play BF2 you just fell into EA/NVIDIAs trap. EA stopped support for these cards so u have to buy a new one from NVIDIA just to play the game. Not the best marketting strategy on both sides tho.

Last edited by SnobbyBoss (2006-02-17 15:05:12)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
FYI, Snobby, I was fed up with ATI, because not only was it not supporting BF2 but my CoD2 was hardly running AT ALL.  Now I can play CoD2 fully and it just owns.

I've been planing to get an Nvidia for about 5 months now, and this was just the right time to do it.
Ziggy_79x
+4|6736
I'm glad to see you got your new card and are enjoying it Spear. Kinda shows you even though the patch screwed up your game that with a radeon 9200 it was time to upgrade anyway eh?  I'm just curious, exactly what 6600 did you get (brand, memory ammount)?
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6716|NT, like Mick Dundee

Had fps problems awhile back due to PunkBuster, try fiddling with the console settings for PunkBuster...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Guamaniac2
+0|6695
dOWNLOAD THE full PATCH. Game runs faster and smoother for me now.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
Zigg

I got... PNY Geforce 6600 256 mb
khmer
+86|6728|Central California

Spearhead wrote:

Zigg

I got... PNY Geforce 6600 256 mb
So.. how is it? Better performance? Better graphics? Could you tell the difference after the upgrade?

I wanna get the 6800 GT. Did you have to upgrade your power supply as well?
Ricko0
+0|6695
The problems we're having are due to the Radeon 9200 card. I have the same card. EA has a topic on it in their FAQs. Mentions the card specifically, so I guess we either have to upgrade video cards or wait until they figure it out...
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6894|Bryan/College Station, TX

kilroy0097 wrote:

I'm going to add one problem to the growing list.

It seems that I get "Problems with you Connection" quite a bit more now after the patch.

I used the full download patch from EA.
Settings are the same but I have turned off Anti-Aliasing

It seems to be some kind of strange connectivity issue. COuld be my ISP but I wanted to see if others are getting quite a few of these connection issues while already in a game.
Any word on the connection issues or what might be causing them?
They seem to be random and not time constricted. Sometimes it happens early on in the game and other times later. Not every game gets these issues.

Think it might be a server client issue?
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Ryan

well guess what

each month we are putting away 100$ for a new computer, so by the time christmas comes around, i'll get a new one.

gunna be sure it has an nvidia card though...
Sheep of War
+40|6694
Add the All in WOnder X800XT to the list of laggy cards....sucks because its a $400 card. 256 meg the whole works and it is now uselesss for BF2. I also noticed that Catalyst Control has messed up my ability to play .wmv files. nice.
Wolfman711
+1|6694
Hopefully EA / ATI will work this issue out, but it won't happen tomorrow though.  I see a few servers are coming back in 1.12. For those who crash or won't even run with patch 1.2, you might want to reinstall the game and install patch 1.12.  At least then, one can play while we all wait for fixes to come along for 1.2.  I have one machine that runs 1.2 (ATI X300)and the older machine won't(ATI 9250).  I will return both machines to 1.12 for now.
EVIL_STYX
TANK WHORE
+62|6733|FIVE RIVERS OF HELL
Hey Y'all,
I have a Q: I am thinkinking about purchasing a GeForce 6600 and was wondering if a 350W P/S would be anough to run the 6600, I'm currently running a 9250 ATI (we all know what problem I am having) and it went through a 250W in nothing flat, that is when I put a 350W P/S in my machine?

I geuss in short, will a 350W P/S be anough to run a GeForce 6600 vid card?

Thx in advance for any input in this matter!
SierraKilo9
+0|6798|Sydney
HATE THE PATCH! HATE EA/DICE

I've wasted my entire weekend on trying to make my 6 week old system run BF2 again. It used to absolutely rock - used to!

AMD Athlon 64 2.41GHz
2GB RAM
A8N-SLI Deluxe
NVidia 7800GT

I'm totally out of patience, I've run every config I can think of and it still eats crap at the geometries loading stage, sometimes at 49% sometimes up to 61% downloaded but it always does it.

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So pissed off.
Maverick21160
+0|6772|Norhtwest UK
Its a BIG problem with PATCH 1.2.  Everyone on any forum I have visited has had a problem with the ATI 9200 series card. There are no buildings and its slow loading and very laggy with very patchy sound.
I have an ATI 9600 PRO and it works just fine, BUT thats not the point.
The point is that all you guys and gals out there have paid good money for these games and EA/DICE have made a major cock up with the patch which has rendered the 9200 series useless for now until they come up with a HOTFIX. When this will be I dont know.
Ryan

i got a question guys:

first time i installed bf2 it didnt work.
if i uninstall and it doesnt run, thats no big deal because it doesnt work anyways.
it could work and i could patch up to 1.12 and continue to play
but if it doesnt work and 3 months from now, theres a fix for my problem, i wont be able to play.
id have to wait for a new computer.

what should i do?

i guess after seeing that over 61% of everyone with the patch is having the same issue as us, EA games should make a new patch, hotfix, or tell ATI to make a new driver

Last edited by ryan_14 (2006-02-19 10:18:30)

Ryan

stay on topic Possum
KillerYaNk
Hard Case
+11|6732|S.E. United States
I know this wont help or please the ati users and I feel for you ,personally myself being a hard working man and invested much cash into upgrading my system just play this game,I  sympathize your situation.
myself Ive always been a nvidia user going back to the 4 series
you pay more and that may be one of the reasons people lean to ati products as they are  at a less cost than nvidia
it has always been worth it to me to go with nvidia until just recently where I fried my e-gforce 6800 and went to buy a new v/c and the sales person sold me on the ati radeon 1300,believe or not thats almost like selling a ford man a chevy
when I installed it thats where the issues began,I wasnt even able to get past getting drivers,they would not install on my system,I tried everything to no avail and was never able to test it in the game
so I returned it, got me a e-gforce 6600 gt 3 gddr 128 mb and it kicks ass
it sucks the way they market these hardware deals with "ea/dice, nvidia" and thats what it boils down to is marketing
but as much as it wont help you ati users and like the chevy man saying he wont buy a ford
nvidia has got ati by the balls so far on this one and rather than give up, if you can do it,get a nvidia card
and get into the game,you will be glad you did.
because nvidia rules coming from a die hard nvidia user...
Ryan

im pretty sure in a month they will come out with a new driver or hotfix for the patch

admins on the EA forum made a Vote to see if people were having trouble and 61% percent said major lag and missing buildings, i think 20% said a bit of lag and errors, and the rest had no change and had no problem. the game is running better for sum people.

over 250 people voted for having lag issues.

maybe this vote will get it through EAs thick skulls

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard