SierraKilo9
+0|6798|Sydney
I spent untold hrs trying to download the 1.2 incremental as thats all I should have needed but I could only get through downloading about a third of the patch before it failed.

I used other mirrors and erased the 'dodgy' patch but each time the same result. Downloading the complete 1.2 patch was exactly the same.

I decided to reload BF2 and SF, download 1.2 full patch and see how I went. It appeared at first to be fine, the whole patch being downloaded without undue fuss.

I rebooted then fired up BF2. All looked OK, chose a server, a field and at about 61% (Geometries) of the way through the field boot up the whole game shuts down, no warning nothing. I chose a different server and replicated the fault 4 more times.

Previous to the new patch and inexplicably I seemed to be having random latency issues. I may have some grayware still but Trend Micro doesn't seem to have any remedy, just indicates there are 4 entries.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Last edited by SierraKilo9 (2006-02-18 22:17:50)

bigelectricat
+3|6743
that happened to me too. the game freezes at the point AFTER geometries have loaded (60%) and the shaders begin calculating. what i did to fix it is check my video preferences. installing the patch seems to set the default video preferences for a high end video card even though i dont have one. so i set it back to low detail settings.

edit: if that doesnt work try deleting your profile at the beginning of the game when you login to clear the config files (preferences settings). then retrieve the profile again. that should load the default settings for all the preferences (video, general, controls, etc.) you have to change everything back to the way you had it. sucks but it worked for me on the previous patch.

Last edited by bigelectricat (2006-02-18 22:22:57)

SierraKilo9
+0|6798|Sydney
I run a 7800GT so it should be OK but I'll reduce quality and see how it goes
SierraKilo9
+0|6798|Sydney
Changed the video settings to medium ... same result .... ?!?
SierraKilo9
+0|6798|Sydney
"edit: if that doesnt work try deleting your profile at the beginning of the game when you login to clear the config files (preferences settings). then retrieve the profile again. that should load the default settings for all the preferences (video, general, controls, etc.) you have to change everything back to the way you had it. sucks but it worked for me on the previous patch."

No go there either. Thanks anyway man.
bigelectricat
+3|6743
ah well... hope someone finds a solution for your problem. good luck.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard