Sgt.Abyss
+2|6825
Well, I know they are not allowed by EA, but where can i report them?  Ive logged on this server and got banned for using a primary weapons... [img=http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/9467/pistolsknivesonly1kd.th.png]

Thanks
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6728|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
don't be a doush (srry ) you don;t need to report em there so much fun srry for the name callin
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6736
yeah but look at those scores! That is NOT fair!
Mr.kodak
+-1|6714

Tushers wrote:

don't be a doush (srry ) you don;t need to report em there so much fun srry for the name callin
Dont report a server full of stat padders? umm ok. I might go have a look for myself.
SargeJp
+87|6793|Canada
yes report them on www.bf2rankedservers.com . register and go in forums section called hall of shame . you should find a thread how to report servers. that's it
dan500
+57|6891

Tushers wrote:

Sure.. and you play in them?
fuzzyballs44
+3|6753|Coeur D' Alene, ID
this ruins the integrity of the game for the honest players...it defeats the purpose of the badges and medals to show off your feats.....it's a shame and they should be reported!
Clibby
+0|6789
No one likes a tattle-tale. If it is one person who is ruining the game for everyone, then that is one thing; but unless you devote your lives to the pistol and knife badges and feel that this deminishes you monumental acomplishments, then get a life! Have some fun with it, I'm sure an all knife server would be fun, but I don't need it. Its just a game, why ruin it for others? Is it right for them to do that, probobly not, but why ruin it for them if they are having fun?

Last edited by Clibby (2006-02-18 22:57:01)

fuzzyballs44

Clibby wrote:

No one likes a tattle-tale. If it is one person who is ruining the game for everyone, then that is one thing; but unless you devote your lives to the pistol and knife badges and feel that this deminishes you monumental acomplishments, then get a life! Have some fun with it, I'm sure an all knife server would be fun, but I don't need it. Its just a game, why ruin it for others? Is it right for them to do that, probobly not, but why ruin it for them if they are having fun?
I think that I'll go ahead and have football team that takes steroids, because well, it's just a game and the super bowl doesn't matter at all as long as teh steroid team is having fun. 

I know that this is a far fetched metaphor, but there are a lot of people that devote a lot of time to this game and what they accomplish.  Is it just a stupid game, yeah you can say it's just a game, but when you have over 500 hours into something in 6 months you want something to show for it, and when someone is like, well look at all those guys with a higher rank than you, why do you suck so bad???  This game is an escape for a lot of people and the damn team killers and stat padders have a selfish way of degrading what some work for. 

Your opinion is valid and you have a lot of good points, but don't assume that your opinion valued by the majority of honest gamers, and to call someone a "tattle-tale" or "narc" for doing an honorable thing is not appropriate.
[LCI]squeakyfleece
O-<--< stick man lolololol
+27|6701|perv
Holy Shit Look At There Scores Fucking Cheats
fuzzyballs44

[LCI]squeakyfleece wrote:

Holy Shit Look At There Scores Fucking Cheats
See, this is the reaction that EVERY honest player should have...hahahaha
Sgt.Abyss
+2|6825
Thanks for the replies guys, the server is reported
HaVoK-RooKiE
+27|6692|United Kingdom
OMG are you seroius! You would tell on them. FUCK THAT im going to join them so i can get my pistol and knife badges! Tell me on me for all i give a shit.  This is a game they are having fun and playing the game. Its the same as if your playing CS dont like it dont play in it.  Its people like you ^^^^^^^ that ruin a game and make it into something more then what it is. You people need to get a life grow up and get some hair on your nuts. Its a game, a game to have fun.
fuzzyballs44

HaVoK-RooKiE wrote:

OMG are you seroius! You would tell on them. FUCK THAT im going to join them so i can get my pistol and knife badges! Tell me on me for all i give a shit.  This is a game they are having fun and playing the game. Its the same as if your playing CS dont like it dont play in it.  Its people like you ^^^^^^^ that ruin a game and make it into something more then what it is. You people need to get a life grow up and get some hair on your nuts. Its a game, a game to have fun.
Believe it or not, you are the minority...YOU are the one that is ruining it for the majority by posting things like this and supporting the degradation of a game.  For the most part the people around you like playing by the rules in a fair, untainted environment that has a goal and purpose.  We like the rules and we stand by them as it brings integrity to why we play.  The stats padding that occurs in these servers destroys the purpose of the medals, awards and badges that most of us actually drive for and EARN through practice and hard work.  If your line of thinking was the majority, then EA would not have the rules of engagement set up....they would not have the forums to report cheating and padding and improper coding....if you were the majority, most of the servers would be high points servers without any rules or guidelines. 

Your post was the childish post, not the post of the person doing the honorable thing....grow up and if the stats and scores and team play in RESPECTABLE combat (yes we like living vicariously through a video game, it's a release for a good portion of people) doesn't matter to you, and all you want to do is have a jolly time without a challenge, then go into an unranked server and mod the hell out of it and have all the fun in the world, but leave the ranked servers to people that respect what EA and Dice are trying to do with this game!

Last edited by fuzzyballs44 (2006-02-19 03:32:32)

reddawn
+0|6719
What a load of shit,what is the point of such servers,i see bf2 also as just a game but if you have servers like this then you are just defeating the object.
Whats the fucking point then having goals to reach for appropiate badges.

This is statpadding with a difference and if u go on such servers then class urself as a looser.
They may as well then have just sniper servers,assault servers,tank servers,medic servers.
HaVoK-RooKiE
+27|6692|United Kingdom
Well all i got is you are way to involved in a damn game and need to get laid and get a girl friend because there is nothing wronge with it in my eyes. If you set you "goal" in getting medals and becoming a General or 4 star you have issues.  Quick question how old are you? Hum awnser me that.
thejez
+0|6700
i kicked from this same server last night.    Except they used some lame excuse about stealing a teammate vehicle... rofl... but right before i got kicked a few people were asking about it being pistols and knives only server.  thanks for reporting them...
DoobieUB
+0|6744|Behind my keyboard
Im suprised by this!!

Our clan's server is a clan-forge and they have admin that monitor their servers to stop this sort of abuse. We often get admin joining our server and TS2 to make sure the rules are followed by us and the public.

TBH if people want a good pistols/knife match go play CSS thats what we do.
bennisboy
+829|6690|Poundland
how come they get such high scores wen 1 guy had 1 kill n 4 deaths?
reddawn
+0|6719

HaVoK-RooKiE wrote:

Well all i got is you are way to involved in a damn game and need to get laid and get a girl friend because there is nothing wronge with it in my eyes. If you set you "goal" in getting medals and becoming a General or 4 star you have issues.  Quick question how old are you? Hum awnser me that.
Hey yankee doodle dandee,im old enough to be your dad  so like urself and the other padstatting loosers ive got one thing to say----round em all up--put them in a field and bomb the bastards.
DoobieUB
+0|6744|Behind my keyboard
round em all up--put them in a field and bomb the bastards.
Wasnt that Kenny Everett
Clibby
+0|6789

fuzzyballs44 wrote:

I think that I'll go ahead and have football team that takes steroids, because well, it's just a game and the super bowl doesn't matter at all as long as teh steroid team is having fun.
That is nothing like this. You can switch server, but you can't switch your opponant in a football game. Besides this is not a championship game, if it was, then that is different, but this is a recreational game. There is no eternal glory for someone who did well in one round of BF2.

I know that this is a far fetched metaphor, but there are a lot of people that devote a lot of time to this game and what they accomplish.  Is it just a stupid game, yeah you can say it's just a game, but when you have over 500 hours into something in 6 months you want something to show for it, and when someone is like, well look at all those guys with a higher rank than you, why do you suck so bad???  This game is an escape for a lot of people and the damn team killers and stat padders have a selfish way of degrading what some work for.
That is why skill shouldn't  be a matter of who has more points. If someone compares the stats of a skilled player with that of someone who uses exploits, they will easily be able to tell who is better, reguardless of rank.

Your opinion is valid and you have a lot of good points, but don't assume that your opinion valued by the majority of honest gamers, and to call someone a "tattle-tale" or "narc" for doing an honorable thing is not appropriate.
That depends on your definition of honorable. If your friend was having a party with alcohol, if you are underage, or pot would you tell the cops. The honorable thing to do would be to not go, but telling the cops imo is not the honorable thing to do; telling them to stop is.

bennisboy wrote:

He was probobly the commander

Last edited by Clibby (2006-02-19 15:32:54)

fuzzyballs44

Clibby wrote:

fuzzyballs44 wrote:

That is nothing like this. You can switch server, but you can't switch your opponant in a football game. Besides this is not a championship game, if it was, then that is different, but this is a recreational game. There is no eternal glory for someone who did well in one round of BF2.

That is why skill shouldn't  be a matter of who has more points. If someone compares the stats of a skilled player with that of someone who uses exploits, they will easily be able to tell who is better, reguardless of rank.

That depends on your definition of honorable. If your friend was having a party with alcohol, if you are underage, or pot would you tell the cops. The honorable thing to do would be to not go, but telling the cops imo is not the honorable thing to do; telling them to stop is.

bennisboy wrote:

He was probobly the commander
You cannot switch ranks/badges/stats though, and that was my point.   You can switch a server but it ultimately ruins the concept that EA had for the game, and why most of the people play.  The people doing this are the minority, and it is not like being at a party and not telling the cops about your friend...it's more like being the neighbor that has to wake up at 5:00 AM and go to work while a bunch of people next door don't see that working that early in the morning is worth it so that one house keeps THE ENTIRE NEIGHBORHOOD up....the guy that reports is the neighbor that is helping the whole block from, and allowing them to go about their constructive behaviors.  Stat padders are the minority, and as a whole they can jeopardize and corrupt the entire points and ranking system!
viper313
One Shot, One Kill
+53|6685|Minnesota
Well I would like to say that its not necessarely stat padding.  It takes more skill to have one side against another with the same weapon, ie knife, pistol.  Anyone can point an auto at someone, pull the trigger, and hope your gun fires faster, does more damage, or is more accurate. Or for that matter, hop in armor and just mow em down, although that is fun and the purpose of the game.  Having a knife fight takes skill, you move, crouch, jump, all within inches of each other.  Same with pistol, although with usually more distance between each other.

That server previously mentioned was probably padding cuz of the high scores but they are not all like that.  I was on a server that "we ALL decided" to use pistols and the highest score was only 80 - 90.  It is possible for padders to seek these servers out, and Im not condoning padding and am not a padder, but sometimes its fun to just have a game on equal terms. NO BASE RAPPING, NO TANK WHORING, NO C4 WHORING. Which can really get anoying sometimes.
maddogjj
+3|6875|U S A
well the simple truth is Knife/pistol only servers are againgst the rules EA set up for ranked servers PERIOD.  If you do a search on these fourms Im sure you will find a few threads about people having their accounts reset to 00000000 for such behavior.  I for 0ne will not risk my 73,000 points for any easy badge grab/stats padding.  But feel free to join one of those servers and take your chances.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard