Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6453|The Land of Scott Walker
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23590166

Democratic Sen. Barack Obama assailed as "slice and dice" politics Geraldine Ferraro's assertion that he wouldn't be where he is in the presidential race if he weren't black.

The controversy began Tuesday when the national media picked up on comments Ferraro made in an interview last week with the Daily Breeze newspaper in Torrance, Calif.: "If Obama was a white man, he would not be in this position. And if he was a woman (of any color) he would not be in this position. He happens to be very lucky to be who he is. And the country is caught up in the concept."
---------------------------
There would be calls for resignation if a Republican said this ...
Stingray24
Here's a pic in case some of you don't know who she is ...

https://dailyheadlines.uark.edu/images/G._Ferraro__rdax_315x420_80.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

Being black has certainly boosted his image as a political wonder boy. I don't particularly buy the meat of his "our souls have holes" campaign.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6582

Stingray24 wrote:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23590166

Democratic Sen. Barack Obama assailed as "slice and dice" politics Geraldine Ferraro's assertion that he wouldn't be where he is in the presidential race if he weren't black.

The controversy began Tuesday when the national media picked up on comments Ferraro made in an interview last week with the Daily Breeze newspaper in Torrance, Calif.: "If Obama was a white man, he would not be in this position. And if he was a woman (of any color) he would not be in this position. He happens to be very lucky to be who he is. And the country is caught up in the concept."
Resignation?  nah, people would be calling for someones head...
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6770

she's right.  they refer to the "dream ticket" for the dems as a black dude and a woman.......all firsts.  She is just telling the truth.
Stingray24
Oh she's spot on right.  That's why the Democratic party is ripping her a new one.  No one is supposed to say the truth that they are the ones focusing on race and gender instead of the issues.
IRONCHEF
+385|6499|Northern California
She was all torn up by the spin Obama's camp is putitng on this, calling her racist.  They're both wrong.  She is an ignorant slut and she's dumb to label "where he is" because he is black.  that has nothing to do with it.  Do you guys seriously think he's getting such praise because he's black?  what of Al Sharpton?  Exactly, it's Obama's character, talent, ideals, etc that are making him who he is.  I think there's a nice secondary benefit of him being black in the way that dems probably vote for him, then think as an after thought "and he's a minority too! Great!"  The same after thought mentality exists for Hillary being a woman.

Last edited by IRONCHEF (2008-03-12 11:55:06)

Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6550|Texas - Bigger than France
There goes her Christmas card....
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6640|949

Stingray24 wrote:

What's she going to resign from?  She isn't in public office, and she's a Clinton supporter.  She's probably just still bitter about losing 25 years ago.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6652
Clinton needs to resign from the race
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6609|132 and Bush

Stingray24 wrote:

Maybe, but I'd rather people spoke on how they really felt than live in a country full of drones afraid of interpretation.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6546|Long Island, New York

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Clinton needs to resign from the race
QFT
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6537|Global Command
You can't say his middle name. You can't speak of the obvious race issue ( lol at democrats voting strictly along racial lines in mississippi ) like she did. The man is untouchable.
What she said is the truth. The man has no record to speak of that would make him overly qualified to be a senior  senator, let alone president.

I also lol at the fact that he is bi-racial, not pure black. Watch Hillarys people try to make that an issue. Like Bill was the first black president, ya'll remember?

Hillary is obviously losing, yet is power mad and will not stop until the whole thing becomes a fiasco 10 X bigger than George Bushes election.

What I will never understand is how the economy can be hurting, the dollar is weak, inflation is up, gas is sky high, food is sky rocketing and these people stand there and tell you with a straight face that we need to be paying more in taxes and fees while they vote themselves and their union supporters unsustainable retirement benefits and half of America gets excited.

The Democratic party is in disarray.

America is herded towards another bad leader.
gg
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6652
you do know senior and junior in reference to senators has nothing to do with experience but rather, who was elected first.  You could be in the senate for 30 years and still be junior.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6537|Global Command
I just mean he is over hyped. Nothing more.
He doesn't seem to be quick off the cuff.

His policies seem bold, I'm interested. The wars in the ME must stop. Our borders must be secured.

Other than that, I'm open.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6609|132 and Bush

Hillary now trails in the popular vote, even if Florida and Michigan are included.

Here’s what Mississippi did:

https://i26.tinypic.com/2ufvkt5.png

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls … count.html

Not to mention a re-vote in the two states is likely to produce a narrower margin than the first vote (and maybe even loss for her in Michigan).
Xbone Stormsurgezz
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6652
Im voting McCain out of spite if HC gets the nom.  Ive been even considering Nader.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6629|London, England

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Im voting McCain out of spite if HC gets the nom.  Ive been even considering Nader.
Family first!
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6652
damn right.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6609|132 and Bush

The biggest expansion of government in history happened while the McCain types were in power. I don't think that's the kind of experience I want.

I still hear the booing in the back of my head.

I'd almost rather hand it over to the Hillary than have another GOP candidate ruin the image of conservatism (again).
Xbone Stormsurgezz
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6652
Hearing RP speak is like listening to cats fucking while they scratch chalkboards.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard