D6717C
Anger is a gift
+174|6635|Sin City

Can you believe that we are so screwed up in this country that someone would even attempt to propose something so ridiculous? Regardless where you stand on the immigration debate I don't see how this could even be considered on either side. And props to House Republican Leader John Boehner (R-OH) for having the sack to call it what it is, a "Piece of Shit".

IRONCHEF
+385|6493|Northern California
John Boner is a crybaby piece of shit, and this wouldn't pass anyway because it's non-partisan.  Did he walk out again?

Last edited by IRONCHEF (2008-03-12 09:20:34)

D6717C
Anger is a gift
+174|6635|Sin City

IRONCHEF wrote:

John Boner is a crybaby piece of shit, and this wouldn't pass anyway because it's non-partisan.  Did he walk out again?
Didn't hear anything about him walking out, and I know it would never pass. I just think it's amazing that it was even proposed in the first place.
IRONCHEF
+385|6493|Northern California
Oh, there's worse things proposed and given undue attention to sadly..by both parties.  Embarrassing really, that we go through agonizing votes for them, thinking we'll get something out of it, then watch them completely ignore their constituents, fight, bicker, grandstand, etc...and they get paid for life for nothing!!

Yeah, Boner has led two walk outs in the last month or so because he didn't like some dem proposals..starting with the telecom immunity bill congress wanted to continue debating on.  Maybe he should walk out and go work on his tan..he's getting a little pale.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6531|Global Command
A friend of mine knows an illegal alien from Australia who owns five pizza parlors. He's been in ICE custody for three months pending a deportation hearing because he had a felony arrest for selling pot. He is also being investigated for child molestation because he only hires cute young teenagers whom he invites to after hours parties and films him doing them in the pizza parlor on the security cameras. True story.

But, he was released yesterday and is being granted legal citizenship. 

To arms. To arms. It is time to vote with long rifles and HE.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6557
Put them on the funbus in the air currently doing a tour of Europe....

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/frontp … 53952.html
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6550|San Diego, CA, USA
Add this to the reasons why I don't don't vote Democrat.  Gee wiz...this is The Amnesty Bill Part Deux!!!   Or worst, Son of The Amnesty Bill!!!!
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6677|Canberra, AUS

ATG wrote:

A friend of mine knows an illegal alien from Australia who owns five pizza parlors. He's been in ICE custody for three months pending a deportation hearing because he had a felony arrest for selling pot. He is also being investigated for child molestation because he only hires cute young teenagers whom he invites to after hours parties and films him doing them in the pizza parlor on the security cameras. True story.

Wow.

Everytime I hear about illegal immigration in America, it just confuses me.

I mean, what the hell! What on earth is going on there?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

Spark wrote:

ATG wrote:

Wow.

Easy to criticize when you are surround by water..lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6708
Anybody who considers supporting this bill should go die.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

Anybody who considers supporting this bill should go die.
It died a long time ago.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Spark
+874|6677|Canberra, AUS

Kmarion wrote:

Spark wrote:

ATG wrote:

Wow.

Well, that's probably why it confuses me so much that your government is so ambivalent towards illegal immigration. You think that land borders would have necessitated a tougher stance, but no.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

Spark wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Spark wrote:

Wow.

Well, that's probably why it confuses me so much that your government is so ambivalent towards illegal immigration. You think that land borders would have necessitated a tougher stance, but no.
You are preaching to the choir. We spend more money protecting foreign borders.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6708

Spark wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Spark wrote:

Wow.

This is all because of the god damned pussy liberal mentality that dictates how we should feel guilty for being better off.  It doesn't make any sense whatsoever and appeals only to our most naive.... I probably shouldn't go any further(I probably have gone too far already).
Spark
+874|6677|Canberra, AUS

Kmarion wrote:

Spark wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

I don't get the first sentence, probably a cultural thing...

As for the second, well, that's just fail.
~ Richard Feynman
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

Spark wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Spark wrote:

I don't get the first sentence, probably a cultural thing...

As for the second, well, that's just fail.
The first sentence is the equivalent to saying yes we know, save your breath.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6738|Salt Lake City

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

Spark wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

This is all because of the god damned pussy liberal mentality that dictates how we should feel guilty for being better off.  It doesn't make any sense whatsoever and appeals only to our most naive.... I probably shouldn't go any further(I probably have gone too far already).
Uh yeah, right.  It's all the liberals fault.  It would have nothing to do with the conservatives that really don't want their cheap, illegal, labor supply cut off.  That means they will have to put them on the payroll, pay them at least minimum wage if not market level wages, and provide OSHA level working conditions.  You're just as big of a cry baby as the liberals you claim to be the source of all woes in the world.
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6528|Milkystania, yurop
Send them all to Las vegas , you know so u have something to do at work D6717C

Last edited by Magpie (2008-03-13 07:28:05)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6657

I'm seriously considering tearing up my birth certificate, my social security card, and my driver's license, and changing my name to Jose Sanchez. At least then I'll be treated more than a piece of dirt and my opinions will matter. Silly fools, you think being a citizen of a country means they should care for you? I'll be given more rights and will be able to have great financial success if I don't exist here. You can thank politicians with heads up their asses for that.

On a more serious note. I'm swaying more and more towards ATG's view. Anyone wanna start our own militia border patrol? Trainees get a high-powered rifle and shoot at the children for practice. Then work your way up to faster-moving targets.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6580|Columbus, OH
Yesterday April 1st?????
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6669

Spark wrote:

I mean, what the hell! What on earth is going on there?[/b]
Just so you know, the US has a cap on most legal immigration into the country.  It can take 6 months or so to legally get your wife here.  It can take 3-5 years for your parents to come here legally if you are a citizen.  It can take 15-20 years for your brothers and sisters to come here legally.

But then you have people who circumvent this and come to the States illegally.  Now these liberals want them to get amnesty.  WTF?  They are screwing those who are doing immigration legally...  This won't pass, but like the first two before that did pass, it only encouraged more illegal immigration.  I'm all for opportunity and wanting to come here, but hell, this is the wrong way to do it.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6692|Tampa Bay Florida
You don't like "amnesty"?  Fine.  Tell me an alternative, that can WORK.

Anyone who can get to this country should be able to live here.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6413|'Murka

Spearhead wrote:

Anyone who can get to this country LEGALLY should be able to live here.
Fixed.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6692|Tampa Bay Florida

FEOS wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

Fixed.
Okay... then make it not illegal to come here?  And get citizenship?
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6413|'Murka

Spearhead wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

Fixed.
Okay... then make it not illegal to come here?  And get citizenship?
Done.

It's not illegal to come here and get citizenship...so long as you follow the established process.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard