7-8 Hate it!7%7% - 9
9-10 Fucken Hate it!1%1% - 2
11 Going postal as soon as possible8%8% - 10
Total: 119
David.P
Banned
+649|6244
How much do you guys hate your job?

I hate my job with a vengeance! I work as a cashier in my mom's restaurant and if i could quit i would! The Customers fucken suck, The kitchen staff doesn't listen to me, and worst of all the hours suck! 8-12 hour days! I start between 10 and 11 am, And leave between 7-10 pm. I never know how long i'll be needed! Sometimes we go home early other times we stay late to close up, But most of the time it's 10 hours on my goddamn feet serving food to ungrateful bastards who whine about every little thing!

I mean wtf we are in a fucken recession, The dollar is weak, the cost of supplies has skyrocketed 200% in the last 5 years, And these assholes wanna know why it costs .25 cents extra for mushrooms? Seriously are they fucken stupid or cheap? Look around dumb fucks Gas is 3.30 a gallon, The price of veggies went up 300% in the last 2 years alone(Why do you think apples now cost .99 cents a pound instead of .50?) And this asshole bush is giving away tax cuts left and right not to the people that really need it, But to the assholes with money to burn! And if we do get taxcuts what good are they for anyway? When the goddamn city will write you fines every chance they get! Even for stupid shit like sweeping the sidewalk thats not even fucken dirty!(Some asshole a few years ago came in and gave us 100$ fine for a few cigarette butts that were in the crack of the sidewalk after my mom finished sweeping)

Anyway lets get on to why i hate this job!

The Customers.

I know they are the core of the business and we need em to survive, But some of them are such assholes i'd rather not have them at all then they're stingyness!

Okay this was a few days ago. Some guy and his friend order the same thing, Beef stew with fries, I tell them the price 14$ He tells me why that much? Shouldn't it be 12? I tell him it's a dollar extra for fries, His friend asks since when? I tell him since we opened up in this location 10 years ago.(We were in a previous location before) Then he starts telling me not to smart mouth him and shit! Then he grabs a juice drink and i say 1$ he  says, Shouldn't it be free?(It used to be with every meal now the cost is too much) I say no, He goes berserk and starts insulting me and throwing a fucken tantrum like a 2 year old! His friend has to take him out of the restaurant.

Yesterday a guy comes in wanting soup, I tell him we have Chicken Noodle, Tomato, Beef Tripe, and Clear Beet soup, Everything else is sold out. He orders a beet soup, I tell him specifically it will take 5 minutes to heat up in the pot because we cannot keep it in the hot table. He says ok ok but i want extra bread, I say no problem, 5 minutes later his soup comes out and i call out the order, He picks it up and asks what is this juice? I say no it's the soup, it comes in a glass instead of bowl, and here's your bread, I give him 4 slices double the standard amount. He goes to his table sits down
and just starts mumbling and cursing! I mean fuck i curse alot and i dont mind if you do too, but not in a public place! I have 4 people inline and he comes up to me as i'm taking an order and starts complaining about the soup! I say sir one second, I go back to taking the lady's order, and he interrupts again and says i want my money back, I'm being polite and say sir please wait, He stays quiet until the next customer comes up and places her order, Then he starts yelling what about me what about me! I tell him sir please these people were infront of you please wait, He says no! I want soup not this shit! You sold me bullshit! It was then that I was about to lose it, And my brother sensing the situation steps in and deals with him, He tells me to clean up the dishes and he'll take the orders, I go and start cleaning the tables, As my brother tires dealing with this guy and telling him what other soups we have, He says he wants none of that shit! Just give me something with veggies! My brother being ever so polite tells him we're out sir, He starts cursing about how bad this place is and shit, Then my brother gives him 2 dollars back .50 cents more then his soup cost, And he still has a problem so my brother goes the extra mile and says he'll give him Beef tripe soup which is 4$ for free, He smiles with his crooked teeth and agrees, As i come out of the kitchen with the rag to clean the tables he starts talking to me, And insulting me of what a bad cashier I am and how i should be more like this guy, I'm just holding in my rage, As i'm picking up the plates, And he's following me around egging me on and on. I have about 5 plates in my hands and this guy tries following me into the kitchen, And keeps on with the insults. I'm Mad i've had it with this asshole, I drop the plates into the dish tube, I pick up a knife, and was about to cut this fucker with it, My brother tells him sir, Your soup is ready. He fucks off and gets his soup and leaves. I swear to god i was going to jam the knife into the fuckers neck if my brother hadn't dealt with the fucker.

I also hate Sloppy customera, Polish Customers(Keep in mind this is a polish restaurant)Bums who start shit, Drunks, And fucken people who steal others orders.

Last week this asshat ordered double sides, Which cost a dollar extra, Cabbage and Sour kraut. The 2 fucken messiest juiciest sides we have, And this fucker only ate half the rest he spilled on the fucken table! It was a goddamn bitch to clean up!

Polish customers are also a bitch because they want everything for free or cheap! I had this one asshole today who wondered why it costs .25 cents extra to go, I told him it's the cost of the material, He says what a container and bag is .25 cents? I say i dunno sir i dont run this place(I really do but i said it so he wouldn't start shit with me) He starts mumbling about how bad this place is and just leaves not paying for his order which is already done.(Asshole ordered 2 fish and pig hocks worth 20$)

Another one was 3 days ago on friday, This stupid fuck gives me lip on why cheese costs extra? When it's free at the competition's.(Well excuse me motherfucker but they charge 7.00$ while we charge 6$!) I say i dont know sir, Then he gives me more lip on how much better the competition is, And how he'll eat there from now on, I was holding in my rage and again about to burst, When my mom told him, Well sir if you dont like it leave! He says fine i will! Now i see this fucker today ordering a chicken cutlet with cheese being polite as hell to my mom who was on the cash register. Whats the matter didn't like the price?

But drunks are the worst! Never once have i seen a drunk american just drunk polish! And sometimes hungarian/romanian/russian on sunday mornings, But they are polite as hell and dont open their mouths. Especially to the female cashiers! Unlike these polish bastards who will harass them any chance they get, See if i'm not on the register then one of them is, And the drunks usually tell the girls to take their tops off or ask them if they "want a real man" Most of the time they just ignore it, Or my mom being the tough on assholes lady that she is, Usually tells them to shut up! And they listen they listen. Only not to well in some cases.

Last year these 2 drunks came in to the restaurant, And oh my god where they fucken dunk! First they couldn't get their orders straight, First they wanted soup then one of them wanted chicken, Then soup again, then veal, Then one of them falls asleep on the table! The other one settles his mind on ham hocks, And joins his friend, As the order was coming out he changed his mind back to soup! I told him sir it's too late too change, He says fine how much? It's 5.50, he says what! I dont have that kind of money! I say well i'm sorry sir but i cant give it to you for free, He goes over to his friend and wakes his drunk ass up and asks, Hey Maciek you got 3 dollars? His drunk ass says yeah check in my pockets, He falls asleep again he looks for 5 minutes in the guys pants for money and pulls out 2 quarters, He brings it over to me and asks is this enough? 3 dollars yes for a small portion, Then he gets angry and yells i want big! My mom would usually take care of this but she was in the basement. Then he apologizes and says listen sorry kid i was just kidding, Listen if you let me have i t for 3 i'll be your best friend for ever! What does he think i am 5? I dont even make a joke i just tell him it's 5.50 or nothing, Then he rambles on about how much i'm his friend and shit, And he'll take me to a strip club, I tell him no thank you sir. Then he goes on and on about some other random bullshit to me, When i've had enough the female cashier comes over and starts talking to him trying to sort it out, He starts hitting on her. What the fuck! She only 20 hes 50! And he smells like a trash can on top of that! She keeps turning down his offers and he gets angry! Then he starts spitting when he talks and making a scene, His friend wakes up and asks wtf is going on you got the veal? He says no cause this bitch wont sell it to me! Now she's pissed and tells him if you are going to act this way then leave! They start shit! It's when i finally call one of the line cooks and tell them to get my mom because if i get back there i will grab the pitch fork and gouge this fuckers eyes out! My mom comes up and deals with these fuckers, Not only are they scared of her(Because she dealed with them before) They apologize for their actions. Thank god it was only them for that half hour!

Last October. This fucker not only is drunk off his ass! But steals food aswell! He comes up to me and asks how much for a pork cutlet, I say 5.00 to stay, He says ok i'll be back soon, And goes to sit down. A lady comes up to me and orders a pork cutlet to stay, I place the order and tell the female cashier i'll be back in 5 just gotta use the downstairs bathroom which aint broken. 10 minutes go by and the lady is making a deal to the cashier on how long shes been waiting for her pork cutlet, She says asks the line cook how much longer for the next one? She says we have nothing on the pan right now, Then the lady makes a big deal and shit to me about not placing her order! I tell her man i placed you order you heard it! She says no you only placed for the mans!  I tell her mam he didn't order anything, She points to the drunk ass motherfucker finishing up his plate, With a jolly look, I go over to the fucker and ask him, So how was it? He replies with a smile excellent! I say so wheres my money? He says sir i dont know what you're talking about. He's trying to be sly real sly, I tell him sir you took the lady's food and you did not pay, He says so? So? Is that all he can say? I was about to swipe the fucker with my right fist, When My mom comes out and asks so whats the situation here? The lady says he stole her food, I say it aswell, And the cashier says she didn't know he came up to get the food first. My mom kicks his thieving drunk ass out. I give the lady a refund and we give her food on the house for her troubles, After all is set and done, The female cashier apologizes and says he came up first and i thought he ordered it. My mom says it's ok just make sure you're more careful next time.

Last Thursday. That same drunk from last year comes in and tries to pull the same shit again! This time i catch him and kick his ass out!

Most of these guys are not just drunks but also bums who live in the park, Normally we give them a soup once a well and thats it but sometimes they do stupid shit, Like this one asshole who tried to sleep inside the bathroom! I swear to god i didn't wanna touch him but i had to wake him up somehow so kicking him worked well.

But what i hate most about the customers is the abuse i get for the kitchen staffs fuck ups! Thats why i go back there every chance i get and ask them what do they have? Half the time they are missing most of the things i ordered, Maybe if they stopped chatting and started cooking instead! I wouldn't have to come back there every 10 minutes to make sure they dont fuck things up!

The only thing that keeps me going are the fucken huge tips i get from americans and that my parents need me to do this.(10$ today for a cafeteria is pretty damn good)

Also what pisses me off is when customers whine why i dont bring food to them! First off this is a cafeteria style, You place the order, pay, and pick it up when ready, I only bring it to your table if you cant do it your self(I.e. old people) Or if you gave me a reason(Even .5 cents worth of reason is enough)

See this is why i like dealing with americans better then polish. #1 They dont complain about the prices being a quarter more then last time. #2 If they tip they do it better(I got 6$ from 1 guy last night, And thats because he double tipped, Gave me 1$ from his change, And a whole 5$ after he finished eating. The most a polish guy ever gave me was 1$ but today i got 3$ from a group of polish guys after i brought the food to their table not because he asked because i had no other customers) and #3 They can fucken wait! And if a mistake is made they dont silently stay mad at you, They tell you! Do you know how easy it is to fix the fucken pierogi? You wanted fired? Fine wait 5 minutes! Dont give me a look and eat in silence.

If i could i'd quit my job and go back to doing what i was doing before, Studying 7 days a week for the sat instead of one.

Fucken recession! Barely breaking even! We had to cut the staff by half! Before it used to be 10 now it's 5 including me!

God damn i hate this job.

BTW if you forgot i am polish.

Last edited by David.P (2008-03-10 21:02:58)

VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6643|A sunburnt country
Just quit..........or take some harden up!

But seriously, if it's that bad, quit.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6538|Mountains of NC

for a small fee you can hire me to handle the customers .............. parents have a retail store check site for more info and we get angry customers also but they have NEVER said or mumbled anything bad to me also being a pt cop I deal with BS on a daily basis but at my size and aggression, no-one talks back
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

I love my job. I work at a student television station at my university and it's great! Yeah the pay is shit, but I still enjoy my job and love working there, which only reinforces my desire for the job. It's great fun, I love my co-workers, we all get along, I love filming things, editing, etc. I'd much rather have this job than another one I didn't like that paid double.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6512|Texas - Bigger than France
There's two types of people:
Those who work in restaurants and those who work in retail.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6538|Mountains of NC

Pug wrote:

hmmmmmm they kinda nails me and David in 1 post
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6717|The United Center
I sit in my cube while listening to music and proofreading client websites.

When it is slow, I play Guitar Hero and foosball with our developers.

I love my job.
cospengle
+140|6457|Armidale, NSW, Australia
Wow! I'll bet you're glad to get that off your chest.

Seriously, if you're not happy and you think you could do better elsewhere then quit. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time. I know you said you can't quit, but thats not technically true.

But I've had quite a few jobs, and even the ones I've like I've hated.

ThomasMorgan wrote:

I sit in my cube while listening to music and proofreading client websites.

When it is slow, I play Guitar Hero and foosball with our developers.

I love my job.
Asshole

Last edited by cospengle (2008-03-10 21:18:16)

David.P
Banned
+649|6244

SEREMAKER wrote:

Pug wrote:

hmmmmmm they kinda nails me and David in 1 post
Sorta yeah.
-=]NS[=-G.I.Doh
MMMmmmmmm Dooonutz!
+13|6173|Out for donutz!
There are 3 kinds of people, those that can count and those that cant count.
_NL_Lt.EngineerFox
Big Mouth Prick
+219|6500|Golf 1.8 GTI Wolfsburg Edition
1-2.

Driving a lorry is the greatest thing for me and being a mover is also a great way to meet people and lay social contacts. Me and my crew once moved a college girl at about 19-20 from her mom's house to a studentflat and me and the girl were laughing and at the end of the day she gave me here email-adress and she gave me and my crew all 10,00 Euro's as a tip . Only downsides of the job is that is it physicly heavy and you have to get up very early if you don't want to drive straight into a traffic-jam
clogar
damn ain't it great to be a laxer
+32|5926|Minnesota
i am not yet a pawn of the corporate world... whooopeee
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

-=]NS[=-G.I.Doh wrote:

Continuing the jokes...

There are 10 kinds of people, those that understand binary and those that don't
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6415|The Land of Scott Walker
I don't have a job ... be glad you have one.  But I may have one this week!
-=]NS[=-G.I.Doh
MMMmmmmmm Dooonutz!
+13|6173|Out for donutz!

mtb0minime wrote:

-=]NS[=-G.I.Doh wrote:

Continuing the jokes...

And

5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions.

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Life only gets harder Davey.  What are you going to do when little Johnny is hungry and crying, Rex just shit on the tile, and the old lady is pissed because she's missing the last half of Dancing With the Stars?

I just got a new job.  I get paid really well, but I hate the people that work there for the most part.  The only chill people are the Mexicans in the wharehouse.
David.P
Banned
+649|6244

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Life only gets harder Davey.
Thats why it aint worth living.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6409|Brisbane, Australia

mtb0minime wrote:

-=]NS[=-G.I.Doh wrote:

Continuing the jokes...

Queue "Are you fucking stupid? Thats 2 people not 10 dumbass." reply.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

David.P wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Life only gets harder Davey.
Thats why it aint worth living.
https://cdn.channel.aol.com/aolr/pete-wentz-richie-400a031607.jpg
LT.Victim
+1,175|6533|British Columbia, Canada
Don't ever fucking yell at the line cooks..

They can make your life a living hell. Maybe if you weren't such a dick to them they would be nicer to you.

I'm a line cook, and if any waiters or waitresses bitch at me, I'll just take longer to make their food, or bitch right back at them.

You should be saying please and thank you whenever you ask for something, not barking commands at them.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6488|Montucky
meh, my job has its good days and bad days.
David.P
Banned
+649|6244

LT.Victim wrote:

Don't ever fucking yell at the line cooks..
I only yell when they are more concerned with their chat then their job! You think what we give you is bad? Try having some old bitch give you shit because they poured gravy on her potatoes! Even when i repeated myself and wrote it down!
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6332|Vancouver
Mine is pretty crummy, but I've decided to move on. I've just quit and begun a new job.
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6800|Denver colorado
I work in assisted living and I get to help needy old people. Surprisingly (maybe to you guys) I dont hate it one bit, I get to practice compassion to people who are happy that I am helping them.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL
Hate the customers, the policies, and the pay, but the other employees are , so It has it's ups and downs, depending on who's working.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard