Strngs012
Could I have 10,000 marbles please
+40|6564|Florida
Well from what I've read about yesterdays race, I guess I didn't miss much. I'm glad I wasn't home to watch Kyle win, I probably would've shot the dog.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719

Strngs012 wrote:

Well from what I've read about yesterdays race, I guess I didn't miss much. I'm glad I wasn't home to watch Kyle win, I probably would've shot the dog.
it was a good race, if you like Ky;e, or Toyota...or 43 cars riding on water soaked glass...

Slick as a soap makers rear end it was...everybody comming off all sideways and stuff...Kyle had the best car, no denying that.  The 99 was good, but lost an engine, or tanny...I've heard both from different sources, so I dunno which really.

ah well, we'll see what those Toyota engines can do with Bristol hehe

I'll be sure to get pics of any bruised and battered Toyota's for the dart board
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6591|The Land of Scott Walker
Loved Tony's rant about the tires.   He really ripped Goodyear and NASCAR a new one.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6668

Stingray24 wrote:

Loved Tony's rant about the tires.   He really ripped Goodyear and NASCAR a new one.
<3
Strngs012
Could I have 10,000 marbles please
+40|6564|Florida

Stingray24 wrote:

Yeah I read that also, Jr was the diplomat as usual, but I like he said about no one is gonna take it much longer.
ig
+1,199|6668
no comments on my video guys

look how close we were; i got hit by a piece of rubber!
Stingray24
Your vid was very 1337
DSRTurtle
+56|6831

TC.Troy wrote:

it was a good race, if you like Ky;e, or Toyota...or 43 cars riding on water soaked glass...

Slick as a soap makers rear end it was...everybody comming off all sideways and stuff...Kyle had the best car, no denying that.  The 99 was good, but lost an engine, or tanny...I've heard both from different sources, so I dunno which really.

I'll be sure to get pics of any bruised and battered Toyota's for the dart board
Would you be saying the same thing if Tony had won instead of Kyle?  Jr had a good car to start the day.  What happened there?

And anyone who thinks Jr can't drive has their head up there ass.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719

DSRTurtle wrote:

TC.Troy wrote:

Would you be saying the same thing if Tony had won instead of Kyle?  Jr had a good car to start the day.  What happened there?

And anyone who thinks Jr can't drive has their head up there ass.
No, I wouldnt be saying the same thing if it were Tony, I dont mind Tony (see my post#29, and others of this thread), I detest Kurt & Kyle.  Wouldnt matter who they drove for, or what they drove.  As far as Toyota is concerned, they are just another mfg., I am a chevy fan, no Dodge, no Ford, No bloody Toyota 

I am not terribly clear about what happened to Jr's car after 60 some laps.  Bad tire set, bad adjustments, who knows...they had the same skins that the other 42 cars did.
I dunno...
Tony Eury Jr. has a history of trashing a good racecar with one pitstop, never been able to figure that one out really hehe.  What happened to the 88 on sunday wasnt due to the driver, of that I am confident

Last edited by TC.Troy (2008-03-10 16:57:54)

TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719

ig wrote:

yeah...sorry cat, hadnt taken the time to watch it...

*watched it*

deafening, no?  hehehe

Bristol this weekend is gonna be the shiznit
Stingray24
Yes, will be.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719
This article:http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/opinion/03/10/jmenzer.kybusch.tstewart.dhamlin.toyota/index.html
on NASCAR.com is a pretty good measure of how I feel about Toyota.

Frankly, just quit bitch'in and go beat'em.  It's that simple really.  Imo, all the energy waisted griping about Toyota, should be invested in beating them.  If that were the case, they wouldn't win many this year.  But I think they will win several this year, as they have (and do regularly) in the truck series.  They (Toyota) practically dominate the series, but Hornaday in a Chevy was your champ last year so...

They are not now, nor will they ever be, unbeatable.

Yes, they may have more power (maybe), and yes they may have what is arguably one of the top 2 organizations in NASCAR atm...and yes, they have 2 or 3 of the most talented drivers in the garage right now...(see where this is going?)  These are the things it takes to win races, and talent and organization at the shop.  We know Toyota can engineer, we know the guys at JGR have their collective shit together.

but they aren't unbeatable...

RCR wasn't back in the 80's-90's, though Dale and others always ran well.
HMS wasnt in the 90's and isn't now...

When somebody comes along you don't like, and wants to play your game, best thing to do imo, is to let'em play

Then spank their ass...
ig
+1,199|6668

TC.Troy wrote:

ig wrote:

yeah...sorry cat, hadnt taken the time to watch it...

*watched it*

deafening, no?  hehehe

Bristol this weekend is gonna be the shiznit
yeah i couldn't hear for a good 10 minutes after we left.
can't wait for this weekend. i'm so jealous. have a blast man
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719
Today, whilst laying up under a house, with no room to breathe, but all the room in the world to think...

I have come to a decision

When I go to Bristol this weekend, I'm going to park my rear end at the SPEED stage for NASCAR Raceday 

I'll let you guys know what I'm wearing hehe

Just look for the goober in the glasses with a black and white hat...big silver 3 in the center

Detail on day of race hehehe

<<...15 minutes of fame ftw

Last edited by TC.Troy (2008-03-11 13:47:05)

ig
+1,199|6668

TC.Troy wrote:

Today, whilst laying up under a house, with no room to breathe, but all the room in the world to think...

I have come to a decision

When I go to Bristol this weekend, I'm going to park my rear end at the SPEED stage for NASCAR Raceday 

I'll let you guys know what I'm wearing hehe

Just look for the goober in the glasses with a black and white hat...big silver 3 in the center

Detail on day of race hehehe

<<...15 minutes of fame ftw
check out those jr jackets that everyone will be wearing. i'm gonna get me one
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6639|N. Ireland
Only got to see part of the 2008 Daytona...watching it in full now! Lap 3/200
ig
+1,199|6668
lol roush isn't going to appeal. gtfo
Gfr28
+6|6061
even rusty and most of the commentators on speed said edwards penalty was bullshit.... also on speed one guy with toyota said sometihng bout roush being cheaters so carl told them that if they want they will put that cover back on and go run a shootout with them at that track or the full race and he guaranteed that roush would still beat them
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719

ig wrote:

lol roush isn't going to appeal. gtfo
I think NASCAR informed Jack that there was no need for an appeal really.  That was a huge advantage for the 99, intentional, or not.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719
I'm gonna be in Yarborough Sec. A
Thats at the end of the back straight, just at the entrance to turn 3.

I'll wave gents
Stingray24
This week we head to Bristol Motor Speedway for the Food City 500 on Sunday March 16th at 12:30pm on FOX.  Our very own TC.Troy will be in attendance so look for him to wave!   You've heard of smash mouth football?  This is smash mouth racing.   As long as your car is still running and it has 4 wheels you keep racing at Thunder Valley.  This will also be Dale Jarrett's final race as he enters retirement.  I expect the usual suspects to be factors in this race, but it can be anyone's race on a short track.  Get ready for some old school rubbin' is racin' action! 

Completed : 1961
Distance : .533 miles
Shape : Oval
Banking :
36° turns
16° straights
Frontstretch : 650 feet
Backstretch : 650 feet
Seating : 160,000

https://www.eventprocess.com/BrokerMaps/BristolMotorSpeedway_all.gif
https://www.bristolmotorspeedway.com/images/gallery/overview18%2Ejpg
https://www.markmartin.org/images/pictures/markatbristol2003.jpg
https://www.bristolmotorspeedway.com/images/gallery/track2%2Ejpg
ig
+1,199|6668
can't wait! how's the weather up in ol tennessee today? it rained here all day
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719
Once again, nice opener for the weekend, thank you Stingray24

I will indeed be at this weekends race, I cant bloody wait tbh.  This should be a nice race.  As you can see from the track pics, its a bullring really, .5 mile in length, then add 43 very loud 800+ hp cars, and the place attains a life of its own. 
Rubbing elbows with 165,000 screaming fans...what a scream

First batch of my home mixed white russians comming off as this is posted *yum*

One change to the weekend plans...I had intended to go try to make Trackside on Speed tonight, but due to the rain and generally foul weather, I'm gonna pass.
As a back-up, I had thought about going by the Raceday stage on sunday morning...I am kinda doubtfull that will happen as well.  I'm attending this year with my father-in-law (last year was my fathers turn), sadly, the old boy isnt in the best of health, and I dont think he wants to walk all over Gods creation just to scream and holler at a stage hehe
ah well...

Nevertheless, a good time shall be had by all. 

Edit:  stand by for pics from the track, I'll post'em up sunday night (if I can see that is...) or monday latest

Last edited by TC.Troy (2008-03-14 13:11:28)

TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719
Seems Tony's rant after Atlanta may have done some good, chk this out:

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/headlin … index.html

While the rain this weekend may have pissed away practice and qualifying, it may very well have benefits that go far beyond this season.  Amazing how fate, or whatever makes things happen.

IMO...

The tires used for the COT have been wrong from day one.  Goodyear, in thier infinate wisdom bring a tire to the track that is "optimaly" suited for the Nationwide cars, as well as the Cup cars.  Given the FACT (wake the f**k-up Goodyear) that the current Cup car has much less down force that the Nationwide car, to me, as common sense, it makes no sense to do that.  As I've stated in other posts in this thread, Goodyear needs to step up.  Period.

These guys are PRO's for crying out loud.  They have a brutal schedule.  When you invite/conscript them into a test, be double damned sure the input they provide is taken to heart.

Time will tell.  I hope soon, we can see a tire that races well, and is safe.  We've had it before, lets try not to allow the "instant gratification" effect, take affect.  This car is new, we had, essentailly 20 years of data on the old car, we are starting over, and so is Goodyear...
Stingray24
I'm glad Tony spoke up and now other drivers are echoing his opinions, in a softer manner of course.  Much as I hate that he drives Toyota now, I have to respect Tony for having the balls to keep hammering the issue.  Hope Goodyear makes some changes of substance and listens to the drivers.  Of course an overnight change isn't possible, but this car needs a new tire.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard