Echo
WOoKie
+383|6716|The Netherlands
Hey guys,

I got a g15 keyboard and i got a question. I want to program things in the g keys like: Hello Mate! Simple stuff that's you often say in game to save some time typing.

I know how to program text and save it in a g key. After the text, i put in a enter. Its working on forums and in normal text but its not working in bf2. Of course i hit l/k/j first before i hit a g key btw.

Anyone got an idea why its not working in bf2? Is there maybe a blocker in bf2 that prevents too much keystrokes per sec?

Cheers,

Echo.
cablecopulate
+449|6734|Massachusetts.
I don't have one but don't you have to download something to make it work with bf2? I thought I read that.
Echo
WOoKie

cablecopulate wrote:

I don't have one but don't you have to download something to make it work with bf2? I thought I read that.
That would explain why its not working in bf2.

Edit: A friend just told me that macro's for the g15 were disabled in bf2.

Last edited by Echo (2008-03-10 11:02:32)

Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6194|Winland

You have to put minimal delays between the kay presses for it to work with BF2. Takes some time, but it works. Typing in 010 in the delay field is usually fast enough. Too fast and it won't work.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6840|Reykjavík, Iceland.
type 50 (0.050 sec) in the delay field and it will work in BF2.
Echo
WOoKie

Freezer7Pro wrote:

You have to put minimal delays between the kay presses for it to work with BF2. Takes some time, but it works. Typing in 010 in the delay field is usually fast enough. Too fast and it won't work.
What delay field? I just press mr and press a g key that i want to program, put in the text and press mr again to save it.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6490|N. Ireland
Go into Logitech G Series Profiler
Change the profile to Battlefield 2
Click on the G key you want to assign in the program
Assign macro
On the left hand side scroll down to; Say /chatall or Say /chat team or Say /chat squad
Hit record
Type what you want
OK

Does this work?

Last edited by kylef (2008-03-10 11:22:53)

Echo
WOoKie

kylef wrote:

Assign macro
On the left hand side scroll down to; Say /chatall or Say /chat team or Say /chat squad
Hit record
Type what you want
OK

Does this work?
Erm i found the logitech profiler and assign macro but its in dutch and this is what my screen looks like. I understand the hit record and type what you want bit but how do i put in delays?

https://img296.imageshack.us/img296/3460/profilerum9.th.jpg

Edit: Thanks guys for the help so far!

Last edited by Echo (2008-03-10 11:36:36)

Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6194|Winland

Right click -> Insert Delay when you've recorded what you want. You could also record what you wanna record and then edit the delays to something like 010. Should make a macro for it
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6490|N. Ireland

Echo wrote:

kylef wrote:

Assign macro
Hit record
Type what you want
OK

Does this work?
Erm i found the logitech profiler and assign macro but its in dutch and this is what my screen looks like. I understand the hit record and type what you want bit but how do i put in delays?

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/3460 … um9.th.jpg

You need to change your profile (above all your G keys in the program) to Battlefield 2. It's a drop down box - then you'll understand what I'm on about
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6194|Winland

kylef wrote:

Echo wrote:

kylef wrote:

Assign macro
Hit record
Type what you want
OK

Does this work?

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/3460 … um9.th.jpg

You need to change your profile (above all your G keys in the program) to Battlefield 2. It's a drop down box - then you'll understand what I'm on about
Or set a default/General profile. Should be available through the "Instellningen" menu. Lurk a little. I'm not on my G11 at the moment, so I can't help all that much.
Echo
WOoKie
Okay i found out how to do it and i m gonna try in in bf2 tomorrow. Thanks everyone!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard