CameronPoe
+2,925|6547

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

thats just it, I dont see the difference between just and wrong.  History is written by the victors.  If Germany had won, I feel strongly we would have a completely different interpretation of 20th century history.

the people that were trying to kill me in Iraq felt their cause was right and just.   They still ended up dead.
Well I'm talking about what's right in the historically accurate sense of the word. The internet and modern telecommunications means that the victor will no longer have the privileged position of writing the history books ever again.
syndicat111
+39|6670|UK

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

thats just it, I dont see the difference between just and wrong.  History is written by the victors.  If Germany had won, I feel strongly we would have a completely different interpretation of 20th century history.

the people that were trying to kill me in Iraq felt their cause was right and just.   They still ended up dead.

Winston Churchill wrote:

History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6282|Éire

Spark wrote:

Because honestly, I don't get it.

I watch these 10-20page threads that crop up week in, week out with fascination. What drives you guys? What is there in this conflict that makes it so unique? Tbh to me it looks like two societies that have been chucked on top of each other who really don't like each other. Whether that was fair or not is moot.

What is the debate about?
As an Irishman I identify with the cause of the Palestinian people because I see similarities between it and Northern Ireland. Northern Ireland was the subject of a major plantation campaign where the British moved thousands of their own people to populate an area known for fierce Nationalism. Then they basically drew a border around their little 'stronghold' and created an artificial country. The Zionists did the same thing after WWII and while I think the Jews have a right to a homeland I believe it should have been at the expense of the Germans, not the Palestinians.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6215|Escea

Braddock wrote:

Spark wrote:

I watch these 10-20page threads that crop up week in, week out with fascination. What drives you guys? What is there in this conflict that makes it so unique? Tbh to me it looks like two societies that have been chucked on top of each other who really don't like each other. Whether that was fair or not is moot.

As an Irishman I identify with the cause of the Palestinian people because I see similarities between it and Northern Ireland. Northern Ireland was the subject of a major plantation campaign where the British moved thousands of their own people to populate an area known for fierce Nationalism. Then they basically drew a border around their little 'stronghold' and created an artificial country. The Zionists did the same thing after WWII and while I think the Jews have a right to a homeland I believe it should have been at the expense of the Germans, not the Palestinians.
But Europe wasn't where they originally came from.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6282|Éire

M.O.A.B wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Spark wrote:

But Europe wasn't where they originally came from.
So do you think an Australian, American or Ukranian Jew has a right to live in Palestine? They're not 'from' there; a Jew from any part of the world is allowed to move to Israel even if they are distantly removed from the land. I'm probably part Viking, should I be given the right to take my own little plot of land in Scandinavia? What if all the Irish-American descendants from the time of the famine decided they wanted to take back their home ...there wouldn't be enough room.

Let's hope the Canaanites come back and settle the issue once and for all!
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6455|Tyne & Wear, England
Because at the end of the day we are all human, and believe it or not some of us prefer not to be ignorant to the fact that these two groups of humans are destroying each other.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
XanKrieger
iLurk
+60|6650|South West England

KILLSWITCH wrote:

Because at the end of the day we are all human, and believe it or not some of us prefer not to be ignorant to the fact that these two groups of humans are destroying each other.
Spot on
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX

ATG wrote:

THE JEWS’ RIGHT TO ISRAEL......
So according to your various arguments the Red Indians are entitled to America - better start packing your bags and heading for wherever your relatives set sail from 300 years ago.

ATG wrote:

“The 6th reason is that Israel is a roadblock to terrorism.
The existence of Israel has created most of the terrorism in the world, and most likely directly created radical Islam.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6753

Dilbert_X wrote:

The existence of Israel has created most of the terrorism in the world, and most likely directly created radical Islam.
So?  The existance of one group has always started wars and such.  IRA was not a peace org in case you forgot.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6753

Dilbert_X wrote:

So according to your various arguments the Red Indians are entitled to America - better start packing your bags and heading for wherever your .
Ummm....the allies conqured the land and gave it to them.  That is the way the world works.  Deal with it.  You want to blame someone?  Blame Germany.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Ummm....the allies conqured the land and gave it to them.
Its much more complex than that - read a history book.
The allies never conquered it, Britain had a temporary UN mandate.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2008-03-09 18:28:49)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6753

Dilbert_X wrote:

Ummm....the allies conqured the land and gave it to them.
Its much more complex than that - read a history book.
yes it is more complex, but this is a video game forum.

land won = do whatever the fuck the winner wants to do with it
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6636

Dilbert_X wrote:

naive.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Then why don't you stop making false statements here and go off and find a forum you do like?

So if Iran nukes Israel you'd be fine with that?
After all Iran would then be the winner?

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2008-03-09 18:33:00)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6636
somebody here thinks the world is supposed to be fair.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6753

Dilbert_X wrote:

Then why don't you stop making false statements here and go off and find a forum you do like?

So if Iran nukes Israel you'd be fine with that?
After all Iran would then be the winner?
1st - I like this forum.  Much better in the "old" days, but whatever.

2nd - Like it?  No I would not like it if Iran nuked Israel.  You might, along with many others on this forum.  However, that is what people do...they fight.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6397|North Carolina

CameronPoe wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Well I'm talking about what's right in the historically accurate sense of the word. The internet and modern telecommunications means that the victor will no longer have the privileged position of writing the history books ever again.
Um... not necessarily.  The internet may have changed the availability of information, but it hasn't changed human nature.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6215|Escea

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

somebody here thinks the world is supposed to be fair.
they be communists
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6221|NSW, Australia

i agree israel/palestine muslim thread are gaymo

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard