HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5980|Washington DC
Donno if I posted this before. Kinda cool how Tool intricately incorporated the Fibonacci squence into their song. The video explains it. And the song is great.

Ryan
+1,230|6862|Alberta, Canada

I never really paid attention to Tool, and I really like this song.
That's really cool how they used the Fibonacci sequence as well.
clogar
damn ain't it great to be a laxer
+32|5975|Minnesota
i love tool
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6499|Somewhere else

This is actually pretty common, things like this and them.

IMO, that's would music should be like.  intelligent, well desgined, hidden meanings, etc.

Probably my favorite band.  I knew about this for a long time, but have never seen a video running with it.

The song 46&2 makes no sense really unless you read about Jungs works and Psychology.

Most of thier songs are very cryptic, well, thier last album not as much.  But AEnima is filled with references, alternate meanings, hidden messages.

Pretty cool really.  Sadly, alot of tool fans know this about tool and now, because they listen to tool, the christen themselves as geniuses and enlighten beings, and anyone who doesn't like tool, just "don't understand, dude"  That's my only gripe about this.

I read about Carl Jung, and understand kinda what 46&2 is saying.  But Jung is too much for me.  But some Tool fans, fucking know Jung personally, apparently.  Now i'm just ranting.

But yeah.  Tool does what musicians should do IMO; try to make you think.

Last edited by RoosterCantrell (2008-03-06 19:51:51)

Snowmanimal
Not so unique forum title
+30|6562|My head
Best. Song. Ever. Period.

Pure Bliss...
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6700|Disaster Free Zone

Snowmanimal wrote:

Pure Bliss...
It fucken sucks

EDIT: That was my initial reaction after about 2½-3 mins. But after reading all the 'positive' comments about the song, I decided to listen to the whole thing to give it a chance.

Boy, was that a mistake, if anything it gets even worse as the song goes on. Terrible, terrible and fucking terrible is all I can say about it.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2008-03-06 20:16:00)

Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6347

That was pretty damn cool. There was always something about that song. It flowed so well, and was very pleasant to listen to. I did not know it coincided with the fibonnaci sequence though. Tool is my favorite band, bar none. I've listened to the latest 'Pucifier' that Menard is doing, and it sounds good, but it's just not my theme.

Lateralus, Parabola, Forty Six & 2, Disposition, Reflection, Vicarious, Intention, Aenima...I have no single favorite song, they are all pretty damn good!
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
Volatile
+252|6723|Sextupling in Empire

DrunkFace wrote:

Snowmanimal wrote:

Pure Bliss...
It fucken sucks

EDIT: That was my initial reaction after about 2½-3 mins. But after reading all the 'positive' comments about the song, I decided to listen to the whole thing to give it a chance.

Boy, was that a mistake, if anything it gets even worse as the song goes on. Terrible, terrible and fucking terrible is all I can say about it.
Lol, if you think TOOL is bad, make sure you don't listen to popular bands on the today's radio, 'cause you may have a seizure and drown in your own vomit listening to that shit.

Unless you don't like TOOL because it's not the same riff played over and over and over again with some faggoty voice crapping all over the top of it(cold play).

Im_Dooomed wrote:

I've listened to the latest 'Pucifier' that Menard is doing, and it sounds good, but it's just not my theme.
Maynard fucking rocks with TOOL and APC. That said, Pucifer is SHIT. Thank god for torrents, 'cause I would have been pissed if I had dished out cash for that trash.

Last edited by Volatile (2008-03-06 21:30:20)

RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6499|Somewhere else

DrunkFace wrote:

Snowmanimal wrote:

Pure Bliss...
It fucken sucks

You just don't get it, dude.

Reciprocity
+721|6600|the dank(super) side of Oregon
one of the most technically cohesive and talented bands of all time.  hense my title.
aimless
+166|6144|Texas
DrunkFace likes Fall Out Boy.
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6497|Communist Republic of CA, USA
That's awesome.  Kinda like the Faip de Oiaad Recording.  That scares the hell out of me.

<3 Tool
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5980|Washington DC

DrunkFace wrote:

Snowmanimal wrote:

Pure Bliss...
It fucken sucks

Better?
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6492|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Where can I give Tool +1 ?. This is fucking genius and it works!
IonYou
+3|6652
Wow, fucking tools finally learned 7th grade math? Poor fucking uneducated americans.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6172|what

IonYou wrote:

Wow, fucking tools finally learned 7th grade math? Poor fucking uneducated americans.
You dishonour Japan!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/rac_goshawk/1204775250266.jpg

Tool are great.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Smithereener
+138|6335|California

IonYou wrote:

Booo

hai gyes im a stoopid american bcuz somone generliyzed

Most music doesn't incorporate any of this kind of stuff, even if it's 7th grade math. I think Tool is brilliant.
SgtSlutter
Banned
+550|6657|Amsterdam, NY

IonYou wrote:

https://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTb_pIVtRHAAEAu06jzbkF/SIG=128j732dn/EXP=1205184456/**http%3A//rofl.wheresthebeef.co.uk/Lincoln%2520Rape.jpg
-=CB=-krazykarl
not always PWD, but usually.
+95|6555|Carlsbad, CA, USA

beautiful, the whole thing. the images, the song, the meaning, the math,the numbers. thx hurri

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard