War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6716|Purplicious Wisconsin

psH wrote:

spuddy1981 wrote:

will it be bf3 first or will they remake 1942?

Squad leader should set what kits he wants in the squad and they will be the only options.
hellooooo medic and sniper only squads!
Agreed, the squad leader choosing what he wants in a squad would be horrible, not fun, and also very unfair.

spuddy1981 wrote:

They will do battlefield heroes first, then bad company, then finally #3.

Last edited by War Man (2008-03-06 18:14:10)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
psH
Banned
+217|6385|Sydney

War Man wrote:

psH wrote:

spuddy1981 wrote:

Squad leader should set what kits he wants in the squad and they will be the only options.
Agreed, the squad leader choosing what he wants in a squad would be horrible, not fun, and also very unfair.

psH wrote:

i didn't ask that....
Longbow
+163|6648|Odessa, Ukraine

War Man wrote:

4. Finally, the reason why people don't bother with the m16(pretty sure they don't bother with the ak47 and ak101 either), is because the g3 and f2000 are much better guns than the standard army rifles.
G3 doesnt have a GL, while F2000 is close cousin (according to gun stats - deviation, recoil, etc) of AK-101. They aren't better or worse, they are another. Thats it. And honestly, from my 400+ hours with assault kit experience, stocks are the best (never really liked F2000 unless I was playing Warlord - the only map F2000 suits well)
War Man

Longbow wrote:

War Man wrote:

4. Finally, the reason why people don't bother with the m16(pretty sure they don't bother with the ak47 and ak101 either), is because the g3 and f2000 are much better guns than the standard army rifles.
G3 doesnt have a GL, while F2000 is close cousin (according to gun stats - deviation, recoil, etc) of AK-101. They aren't better or worse, they are another. Thats it. And honestly, from my 400+ hours with assault kit experience, stocks are the best (never really liked F2000 unless I was playing Warlord - the only map F2000 suits well)
In the game it doesn't have a GL(which I don't get), but in real life it does.
War Man

psH wrote:

War Man wrote:

psH wrote:

psH wrote:

i didn't ask that....
Sorry, my mistake, I edited my post.
Longbow

War Man wrote:

We are not speaking about RL , but about a game.
imortal
+240|6667|Austin, TX
War Man

Longbow wrote:

War Man wrote:

We are not speaking about RL , but about a game.
I know, if you read my post properly, you would know I was referring to the game more than to real life.
Longbow

War Man wrote:

I know, if you read my post properly, you would know I was referring to the game more than to real life.
Then your last comment was pointless.
War Man

Longbow wrote:

War Man wrote:

Then your last comment was pointless.
Pointless? I am starting to not like you.
Longbow

War Man wrote:

Pointless? I am starting to not like you.
Dude we were speaking about the game, what was the reason to say that G3 have attacheble HK79 UGL? It doesnt have it in BF2, so..
Acme1234
+62|6111|Melbourne, Australia
I'd like to see a kit that has a German Sheppard, that you can unleash on the enemy.

Make the dog move hell fast and hard to hit, like in COD4 single player.

How nasty would it be to come across a whole squad using the dog kit, and watch them all get unleashed and come at you.
colonelioan
+14|6458|Kanada
Compatibility with XP.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6291|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Actually, I've got something.

How about the ability for kits to be somewhat interchangeable?

Through this, I mean something like the branch system of 2142, though these weapons and equipment would serve as stocks, rather than unlocks (although unlocks were much easier to acquire in 2142, from what I understand). In essence, they'd be specializations of more generalized classes.

Take for example, the assault kit. In this system, they'd be able to choose between a rifle (say, the M16A4) or a carbine (the M4). Depending on the situation, they could choose which would help them more. As a sniper, you can choose between a ghillie suit and camo (ghillie makes you slower, I dunno), and a DMR (the M14) or a sniper rifle (M40). Let the anti-tank kit choose between an SRAW or a Stinger, so on and so forth.

Factor in unlocks as selectable goodness too, and voila!
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
thepilot91
+64|6238|Ă…land!
WHY? hasnt anybody given this importaint thing a thought!...i hate it when you bail your plane in bf2 and its got half bar of health and the explosion blow you up or you bail at high height ...and get driven over by your own plane...HOW cool wouldnt it be (and not to mention realistic) if there was ejection seat in the planes (not only) i mean if you pushed like shift + E or some other button or anything you would shoot out of the plane and survive! some attack helos has that aswell i dunno wich ones...but i really miss this thing in bf2!...it cant be that hard to make...
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6150|San Antonio, Texas

cowami wrote:

Through this, I mean something like the branch system of 2142, though these weapons and equipment would serve as stocks, rather than unlocks (although unlocks were much easier to acquire in 2142, from what I understand). In essence, they'd be specializations of more generalized classes.

Take for example, the assault kit. In this system, they'd be able to choose between a rifle (say, the M16A4) or a carbine (the M4). Depending on the situation, they could choose which would help them more. As a sniper, you can choose between a ghillie suit and camo (ghillie makes you slower, I dunno), and a DMR (the M14) or a sniper rifle (M40). Let the anti-tank kit choose between an SRAW or a Stinger, so on and so forth.

I think EA has something like this planned. In those magazine articles, +1 for the person who posts it again for lazy me , they said, "You better hope there's an assault packing an RPG for that tank."

So my thinking is, the assault with the anti-tank weapon won't have a grenade launcher.

Your suggestion would definitely add more playability. A person who likes to customize like me, would definitely choose whichever fits my fancy.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6383|the land of bourbon

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

cowami wrote:

I think EA has something like this planned. In those magazine articles, +1 for the person who posts it again for lazy me , they said, "You better hope there's an assault packing an RPG for that tank."

So my thinking is, the assault with the anti-tank weapon won't have a grenade launcher.

Your suggestion would definitely add more playability. A person who likes to customize like me, would definitely choose whichever fits my fancy.
true dat.  kit customization would really help and add alot more to the game.  it should also impact your physical abilities as well.  a guy with a saw should not be able to jump as high as a guy with a carbine.  and make it so you can choose things besides weapons.  like cowami said, you could pick a ghillie, or better body armor.  different uniform colors would help too.  i hate how the SAS wears all black.  pretty much worthless on warlord.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6356|West NY
"Light Vehicle" Maps- So you have a chance to fly around in a blackhawk with your buddies and not get shot down by a jet withing three seconds, or get place to place in a humvee without getting crushed by the mere weight of a jet-carpet bomb, or turned inside-out by one tank shell, or sprayed by bullets the volume of a whale by an Ah-1z minigun.
Longbow

Noobpatty wrote:

Ah-1z minigun.
It is 20mm 3-barrel chain gun, not .308 minigun.
different uniform colors would help too.  i hate how the SAS wears all black.
Agreed, desert DPM would suit much better.

Last edited by Longbow (2008-03-09 09:25:14)

steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6383|the land of bourbon

Noobpatty wrote:

"Light Vehicle" Maps- So you have a chance to fly around in a blackhawk with your buddies and not get shot down by a jet withing three seconds, or get place to place in a humvee without getting crushed by the mere weight of a jet-carpet bomb, or turned inside-out by one tank shell, or sprayed by bullets the volume of a whale by an Ah-1z minigun.
mashtuur and songhua!
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Longbow

steelie34 wrote:

Noobpatty wrote:

mashtuur and songhua!
Not anymore...since 1.2, if you forgot.
Killya
+4|6293
1) Carriers should be mobile and pilotable by the commander.
2) Option to turn enemy fire with vehicles and/or on foot (or damage off) in UCB instead of having admins having to police tards that don't follow server rules
3) TK penalty against anyone who blocks runways on foot/ground in vehicles, not on the jet pilot
4) More jets per side on airmaps.  Mix of like A10 and interceptors. 
5) built in delay on prone spamming/bunny hopping.  those activities should tire you out and should recoup like sprinting.
6) More buildings that can be entered of a more varied design.   Walls should be destrucable by tanks/arty/c4
7) Option to put bots in with humans.  bots should be like darksims not meatsims.  That or auto-botted AA in uncaps at least.
8) De-nurf miniguns on the transport and A10 warthog.
9) better mechanisms to prevent haxor noobs from being able to play with skilled players.  at least fix supply/car drop hax.
10)  option to turn off / limit nades, especially on IO maps.
11) real .50 cal sniper rifle (ie stuff blows up not this 2 hit bs with the best sniper rifle ever).
12) better smoke nades that block IR (ie enemy red name showing up through smoke).
13) commander customizable or pilotable UAV, maybe pick area to cover.  hellfires on the uav would be cool.
14) IEDs
15) admin ability to block a player's communication and/or text if they are out of line.
16) mobile arty vehicle
17) more stuff that blows up... gas stations/ oil tanks/ fuel trucks/civilian vehicles/sadaam statues
mudder
+8|6528
1#Hold tri-yearly contest for user content.  Maps, Skins, models(guns vehicle), and Code, animation.  The winners of the contest could have their content added into new patch.    I really think this would be the key to making the best FPS game ever!  Also pretty cheap for the company since they would not have to pay for the development process. 

2# Single hit melee is tried and true in FPS but I think it would be nice to have some Judo or Krav etc.  Nothing that super involving but a quick take down throw and stab or gun butt to the face.  obviously choking some1 out would take a little long and you would get shot by his buddy.  Although that would be sweet when you find that lone sniper.   

I like the idea about the "anti static" maps,  Would not be that hard to do just like BF2 with the 16-32-64 player, 3 versions of the same map all layed on 1 map.  You could just rearrange the flags and have 3 diff versions of 64 player then make it random,   You could also change a few building locations, what type of vehicle spawns, etc.  That would add alot of diversity.

I liked the idea of ejection seat but what about on the ground when you enter then exit jet?  would you make 2 exits cmd's or would the plane just have to die and respawn after an ejection from the tarmac?
Nordemus
BC2 plat: CG, GL, M60, Mortar, Knife
+60|5999
Here is my list.

- customizable looks (glasses, berrets, turbans, jackets, ghillies etc.), but that it would still be fitting in the according army - no rainbows
- rewards for badges - for ex. if you got the Basic Assault Badge, you get a magazine of armor piercing bullets as a bonus, but no attachments as rewards, I will explain it later
- lots of buildings with rooms etc. You could find attachments, bandages and first aid kits - the kits will only be available for use by a medic, but a regular soldier could carry them and give them to a medic aswell (explained in the next point),ammo and grenades, plus maybe some weapons (like in the house of redneck you could find a sawed-off shotgun) (flash/stun/smoke/gas etc.), it would be randomly set at the start of the map, to prevent sprinting to one known stash
- healing - everyone would have 2 bandages (could be found in buildings) and they would heal slowly, but atleast something. Only medic would be able to use First Aid Kits that heal considerably faster, but are much rarer (they would be issued with 2 kits/1 bandage). The max would be 4 found bandages and 2 kits.
- before you spawn, you could choose between 3 options - Most ammo, less grenades - 5 mags (+bonus ammo if you got the badges) and 2 nades
                                                                                         ammo and grenades - 3 mags 4 nades
                                                                                     low ammo and most grenades - 1 mag 5 nades
- sidearms are another story - the MEC (or whatever the super-bad-weapons-of-mass-destruction-owners would be) could start with Makarov PM and the NATO could start with M1911/Beretta 92FS, you could unlock Desert Eagle, MP7 and various other pistols

- unlocks - plenty of side arms, carbines, assault rifles etc. They could be unlocked liberally as you wish, but they would only fit to a certain class (Sniper Rifles - Snipers etc.)
- customizable classes (not to the point of CoD4) but I mean like add whatever weapon you unlocked
- no ammo camos, they are lame, except maybe a ghillied sniper rifle
- bigger maps that offer both urban and outside fights - you could have a small vilage with big plains around it where tank battles could take place, while the urban setting of the village will offer nice fights in the barns etc.
- vehicles - you could take control of vehicles you find - cars, tractors and other mobile stuff.
- vehicles would also be subject to fuel/ammo - ammo would have to be replenished by APCs, regardless of any support guys. For fuel, you could get it from tapping stations or some well in the HQ
- removal of ammo replenishing by support fellas - let them have a tear gas launcher instead like in SF

That is all for now, I will add if I can think of something else.
ph4s3
engineer
+34|6831|Texas

thepilot91 wrote:

WHY? hasnt anybody given this importaint thing a thought!...i hate it when you bail your plane in bf2 and its got half bar of health and the explosion blow you up or you bail at high height ...and get driven over by your own plane...HOW cool wouldnt it be (and not to mention realistic) if there was ejection seat in the planes (not only) i mean if you pushed like shift + E or some other button or anything you would shoot out of the plane and survive! some attack helos has that aswell i dunno wich ones...but i really miss this thing in bf2!...it cant be that hard to make...
If they implement this then you should stand a decent chance of dying instantly on the canopy, being paralyzed from a collapsing spine/vertebrae, breaking your legs on impact, or drowning in your parachute if in the water.  Ejections are highly dangerous events, much more so than what they are now in the game.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard