velocitychaos
+26|6503|Brisbane Australia
Plz no flame if this has been put up already ( i have looked and it probably is), can you get the Brigadier General star without vetran aviator- vetran amour, i hate doing tanks and jets and i've seen people with 4 stars without these awards. whats the go?

Last edited by velocitychaos (2008-03-08 17:58:57)

cablecopulate
+449|6745|Massachusetts.
You need vet to get any star.

http://ubar.bf2s.com/ranks.php

Brigadier General
Requirements:

Score: 180,000
Awards: Veteran Armor Badge, Veteran Transport Badge, Veteran Helicopter Badge, Veteran Aviator Badge, Veteran Air Defense Badge, Veteran Ground Defense Badge
Notes: Requires 1080 hours playtime
velocitychaos
Kay.....so then how does this guy have 4 stars and not all his vetrans?
http://bf2s.com/player/44547275/
cablecopulate
+449|6745|Massachusetts.
That's a girl, not a guy, and she was a victim of a a pid spoof so the stats got reset but the rank remained.
Apex
Banned
+5|5918

velocitychaos wrote:

She was reset and lost all her awards during the mass reset. They gave her back her points though just not awards.
velocitychaos

Apex wrote:

velocitychaos wrote:

She was reset and lost all her awards during the mass reset. They gave her back her points though just not awards.
Aahhh....thnx...so i just keep flying the frickin jets.....bah....hate jets.
cablecopulate
+449|6745|Massachusetts.
Just be glad vet aviator is only 50 hours. Have fun going for veteran armor.
velocitychaos

cablecopulate wrote:

Very glad...don't mind the tanks so much but i really suck at jets....even when i tried a joystick. IO anyday.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6850|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Meh, already got veteran aviator and helicopter, 37% time of veteran armor done, and I have 120,000 points left till Brigadier.
velocitychaos

PBAsydney wrote:

Meh, already got veteran aviator and helicopter, 37% time of veteran armor done, and I have 120,000 points left till Brigadier.
i've got just under 10,000 till i rank up, just as well i suck at tanks and jets, i'll prolly get the vetran badges with 5000 points to spare!
velocitychaos
Also, i'm guessing you can't get the stars (or next rank) once you go over the points quota and then get the required badges?
Apex
Banned
+5|5918

velocitychaos wrote:

Also, i'm guessing you can't get the stars (or next rank) once you go over the points quota and then get the required badges?
You get the rank as soon as you get the points and badges. You could get the badges first then the points and get the stars. Or you can get the points first then the badges and still get the rank. So you could whore IO till you decide you want your stars.
velocitychaos

Apex wrote:

velocitychaos wrote:

You get the rank as soon as you get the points and badges. You could get the badges first then the points and get the stars. Or you can get the points first then the badges and still get the rank. So you could whore IO till you decide you want your stars.
ORLY....no offence but can anyone else verify this....i'm under the impression that once you pass a rank without the requirements, then thats the rank you stay at even if you get the badges later on
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6329|Orrstrayleea

velocitychaos wrote:

Apex wrote:

velocitychaos wrote:

ORLY....no offence but can anyone else verify this....i'm under the impression that once you pass a rank without the requirements, then thats the rank you stay at even if you get the badges later on
Yeh, Thats how it is with lower ranks i think, but with ranks like general that require badges you can have 10000000000 points, but if you dont have the bagdes you dont get the Stars, but the second you get the badge you get the stars.

Ammirite? Yaithinkso
velocitychaos

Pea....Tear.....Griffen wrote:

velocitychaos wrote:

Apex wrote:

Yeh, Thats how it is with lower ranks i think, but with ranks like general that require badges you can have 10000000000 points, but if you dont have the bagdes you dont get the Stars, but the second you get the badge you get the stars.

Ammirite? Yaithinkso
Ok....noone be offended but i've spent pretty much the whole time i've had this game believing that once you pass the point requirment without the badge or specific requirment you don't get the rank (in this case the stars).....ever. So i'm just after more affirmation on this, thnx.

Last edited by velocitychaos (2008-03-08 22:58:04)

CTD-CaptainBuck
BLEEDING BLUE
+71|6775|Tenn
If your a colonel, and you get enough points to be a 1/2/3 star. as soon as you complete the badge requirements as stated on the stats page. you will automatically be ranked up. start game as colonel and (in your case) in the game u complete ur Vet. badges you will receive major and brig general.

i think i just realized what you may have actually been asking... which is kinda silly. not sure what types of games you have played. but if u get the points your still gonna be eligible for that rank. you just hafta get the badges. Take this for example. as soon as he gets those badges he will automatically rank up to at least 3 star, prolly 4 star...

hope that clears you up. since u seem to be uncertain about your uncertainty
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6688|Disaster Free Zone

velocitychaos wrote:

cablecopulate wrote:

Very glad...don't mind the tanks so much but i really suck at jets....even when i tried a joystick. IO anyday.
Why play something you don't like just for a rank?

And to answer your other question.
For the general Ranks you can get the requirements in ANY order.

Unlike First Sergeant/Sergeant Major where you need the medals before the points
velocitychaos

DrunkFace wrote:

velocitychaos wrote:

cablecopulate wrote:

Why play something you don't like just for a rank?

And to answer your other question.
For the general Ranks you can get the requirements in ANY order.

Unlike First Sergeant/Sergeant Major where you need the medals before the points
Well, now that you ask....i'm getting a bit over BF2 but i still haven't found any other game that i like as much so i'm trying to keeep it interesting by setting goals like getting all the medals.....till BF3.
And thnx for the answers all, i'm now convinced.
Hurlin
+5|6782|Australia
Set your own challenges then I'm staying at colonel as well for the same reasons I prefer ground pounding and I'm not interested in planes at all.

So now I just go looking for anyone I know and try to stab them in the arse ......... get kicked alot for TKing but my house mates reaction to it is funny enough
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6793|Bulgaria

Hurlin wrote:

Set your own challenges then I'm staying at colonel as well for the same reasons I prefer ground pounding and I'm not interested in planes at all.

So now I just go looking for anyone I know and try to stab them in the arse ......... get kicked alot for TKing but my house mates reaction to it is funny enough
omfg haha
cospengle
+140|6494|Armidale, NSW, Australia
OK firstly, soz for revive, but I'm just still wondering about all this.

ebug9 wrote:

If you have the global score, global hours, and the required vehicle time for your last veteran badge, you can get all 4 in one round.

First kill=veteran vehicle badge
Second kill=1-star
Third kill= 2-stars
Fourth kill= 3 stars
Just checked your stats... so what happened? Obviously your theory didn't work for you. I'm not trying to rub it in, I'm just wondering if the UBAR is accurate. There seems to be so many exceptions to the rule....

Also, since it's related, does anyone know what is meant by "Notes: Highest rank of the month" in the 4 star requirements? Is it just a matter of getting to 3 stars then going for broke for a month to try to get more points than anyone in that period? or is it based on the highest global score at the end of the month?
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6006|Aberdeen, Scotland
The 'theory' is correct, a guy in my clan had 300k + points and got promoted from colonel to 3 stars in 1 round after getting the badges (he likes armour, not aircraft :roll:)

I've only got exp.armour left to get now, and it's a pain in the arse, I'm 110 hours short and really prefer to bomb/AT/C4 tanks than drive them, but heyho

To get 4 stars, you need to be in the top 50 players (Global score) at whatever point in the month they record it. After that you will stay at 4 stars even if you drop out of the top 50 (or get reset).

Last edited by MrAnderson (2008-06-11 08:55:22)

DrunkFace
Germans did 911
Lieutenant General
Requirements:

* Score: 200,000
    * Notes: Requires 1440 hours playtime

ebug122 stats wrote:

Time
Total      1265:52:24
General
Requirements:

* Notes: Highest rank of the month (Top 50 Lieutenant Generals in the world of total points at the end of the month)

You need ALL the requirements... But you can get them in any order.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2008-06-11 08:51:10)

HSG
+23|6481|British Columbia, Canada

DrunkFace wrote:

Lieutenant General
Requirements:

* Notes: Requires 1440 hours playtime

ebug122 stats wrote:

Time
Total      1265:52:24
General
Requirements:

* Notes: Highest rank of the month (Top 50 Lieutenant Generals in the world of total points at the end of the month)

You need ALL the requirements... But you can get them in any order.
Major general requires 1250 hours and Lieutenant general requires 1440. You have it mixed up.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
Ummm do you want to re read what is written there maybe?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard