Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6591|The Land of Scott Walker
Me too.  *chants* Sticky, sticky, sticky ...
Strngs012
Could I have 10,000 marbles please
+40|6564|Florida
vote #4 , and my picks for the top 5.

1 - 88
2 - 88
3- 88
4- 88
5 - 88

Jr sweeps the top 5, wouldn't that be something.
Strngs012
+40|6564|Florida
Jr was quickest in practice, lap speed - 180.863, lap time - 30.65
Stingray24
Go Junior!
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719
I'd love to see Jr. take the pole, but realisticly...my money is on the 12.

We'll find out shortly
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6668
well this weather is awesome
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719

ig wrote:

Damn, I was thinking about you earlier cat...it rained earlier today in Atl, did it not?
Lets hope it doesnt rain tommorow, and its only chilly...
ig
+1,199|6668

TC.Troy wrote:

ig wrote:

Damn, I was thinking about you earlier cat...it rained earlier today in Atl, did it not?
yeah it's been raining off and on all day
keep your fingers crossed
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719

ig wrote:

TC.Troy wrote:

ig wrote:

yeah it's been raining off and on all day
keep your fingers crossed
Yeah fingers crossed for sure.

I see the 24 just ruined my pole pick.  29.83 at better than 185...nice run.
Strngs012
+40|6564|Florida
ig I'm in Florida, it's been a freakin monsoon here all day.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719
Jr on the front row so far   [email protected] a nice run too

Lets hope it sticks.
Stingray24
Chevy up front baby!
ig
+1,199|6668

Stingray24 wrote:

Chevy up front baby!
all dayyyyy
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719
http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/headlin … index.html

I knew Jack would come unglued hehe
His interview sunday with Wendy Venturini should be one to watch. 

That oil cap being off got the 99 at minimum 100lbs additional downforce.  That makes it sweet tossing the car in the corner, and the damn thing will hook up harder comming off...thats the best way to win races that I know of...

He's (Jack Roush) screaming "I'll take a polygraph"  blah blah blah...
*note to Jack...grow the hell up*

The article is an interesting read. 

Its a good thing Wendy is rather large in the breast department.  As short as Jack is, and as tall as she is, they may just protect her if his head/hat explode

poor Wendy...

Last edited by TC.Troy (2008-03-08 04:49:56)

Stingray24
Guess we didn't pay the weather man enough this weekend.  Snow? Come on ...
Stingray24
Jack taking a polygraph means nothing.     
---------------
“On Friday, Lee White, general manager for Toyota Racing Development, told USA Today that removal of the oil cap would provide up to 21 percent more downforce and as much as 50 horsepower.”

When asked whether he thought vibration was a possible reason behind the mishap, Ryan Newman also was blunt in his answer. "No -- because my car vibrates the same way and didn't come off," said Newman, who added that he felt that Edwards' penalty was justified. "Should've used a different bolt."

Pressed on the number of attachments used to keep an oil tank lid on, Newman said that varies.  “Depends on what team you're on," he said. "Looks like they used one."
-----------
Looks like everyone thinks you're full of it Jack.
Strngs012
+40|6564|Florida
Simple solution that NASCAR should implement. On any such bolt that might back out to allow some thing to cause an unfair advantage, they should require the bolt to have safety wire on it o prevent it from backing all the way out. Also I can't wait for the video to be released of the pit stop showing the crew man pulling on the fender to open up the wheel well, you know that is gonna find it's way on youtube sooner or later.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719

Strngs012 wrote:

Simple solution that NASCAR should implement. On any such bolt that might back out to allow some thing to cause an unfair advantage, they should require the bolt to have safety wire on it o prevent it from backing all the way out. Also I can't wait for the video to be released of the pit stop showing the crew man pulling on the fender to open up the wheel well, you know that is gonna find it's way on youtube sooner or later.
Thats a reasonable, simple, cheap, lightweight solution.  Nice one.

I hope ig took a towel hehe, looks like the Busch race may be delayed.  I have been watching the radars there, they may still have a damp track come 1-2pm, supposed to have drizzle/sprinkles before then.

ahhh the sound of track dryers hehe
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719

Stingray24 wrote:

Jack taking a polygraph means nothing.     
---------------
“On Friday, Lee White, general manager for Toyota Racing Development, told USA Today that removal of the oil cap would provide up to 21 percent more down force and as much as 50 horsepower.”

When asked whether he thought vibration was a possible reason behind the mishap, Ryan Newman also was blunt in his answer. "No -- because my car vibrates the same way and didn't come off," said Newman, who added that he felt that Edwards' penalty was justified. "Should've used a different bolt."

Pressed on the number of attachments used to keep an oil tank lid on, Newman said that varies.  “Depends on what team you're on," he said. "Looks like they used one."
-----------
Looks like everyone thinks you're full of it Jack.
I'll tell ya, Jack Roush isn't stupid.  But I don't think anyone here thinks that anyway. 

But...

I find it interesting that they (as of now) have no plans to appeal the penalty.  in the past Jack has gone off on NASCAR, both in public, and in private.  This time...nothing.
It's easy for Jack to address that by saying he is fed up with NASCAR "rubber stamps" and "It wont do any good anyway" etc etc.  But I gotta tell ya, from a team owners perspective, I would take heart in the fact that Robby got off (rightfully so imo), I think I'd have to appeal it anyway.

That is unless after looking at the car at the R&D center, the advantages were so huge, it was painfully obvious and NASCAR has already told him not to bother with any appeal.  That's happened in the past too...

Mr. White has also come off of his earlier remarks and has taken a slightly less aggressive tone.  I think too that NASCAR has had something to do with this.  We all know Jack has been on the Warpath for Toyota since they announced they were headed for Cup.

These are just speculation, and my opinions.  Take them for what they are worth hehe.
Stingray24
No appeal was a shock to me considering how vigorously he claimed innocence.  Course, as you said, the evidence appears to be overwhelming that they gained an advantage and no one in NASCAR believes they didn't know what was going on.
ig
+1,199|6668

Stingray24 wrote:

Guess we didn't pay the weather man enough this weekend.  Snow? Come on ...
yea wtf; it's like 30 degrees too. this sucks...
Stingray24
Put snow tires on and race.  Lez do it.
Strngs012
+40|6564|Florida
Hey did anyone watch trackside yesterday? They had Mark Martin on and they asked him about this whole Roush cheating thing. The only thing he could say was that if any of the crew chiefs wanted to do something like that to the cars they had to have it approved by Jack first. If they got caught cheating Jack WOULD fire them instantly. I thought that was very interesting.
Strngs012
+40|6564|Florida
Hope this works, heres an animated radar at 11:00 am for Georgia:
http://www.accuweather.com/radar-large. … mp;large=1
ig
+1,199|6668

Stingray24 wrote:

Put snow tires on and race.  Lez do it.
imagine those things driving around with chains

Board footer