8thward
+2|6176|New Orleans,La
For some reason when I'm playing BF2 i get these little freeze ups during game and its real annoying they last a second or less i have no idea whats causing it it just started happening like a month ago i defraged my hard drive thinking that might help but it didn't any help would be appreciated

AMD Athlon 3700+ 2.42
2 GB memory
gForce 7950 GTOC 512
XP Pro
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6118|San Antonio, Texas
Have you tried making PB do less hard drive checks?

Open up the in-game console with ` or End key. Type in: pb_sleep 500

Press enter. Then type in: pb_writecfg

Press enter, and PB will check your hard drive less often, but PB still allows it.

Also, try unlocking your FPS. Type in the console: game.lockfps 0
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6377|Somersetshire
could it be packet loss?
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6364|The Gem Saloon
did you update any drivers or anything like that?
cablecopulate
+449|6707|Massachusetts.
Firewall, anti virus running? Are you sure it's not your internet connection? Your system is close to mine, I will sometimes freeze but it's due to my connection sucking.
8thward
+2|6176|New Orleans,La

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

Have you tried making PB do less hard drive checks?

Open up the in-game console with ` or End key. Type in: pb_sleep 500

Press enter. Then type in: pb_writecfg

Press enter, and PB will check your hard drive less often, but PB still allows it.

Also, try unlocking your FPS. Type in the console: game.lockfps 0
just tried what u said and im having the same problam thanks for the help anyway
8thward
+2|6176|New Orleans,La

Parker wrote:

did you update any drivers or anything like that?
no i havent updated my drivers recently but i have the latest updates
8thward
+2|6176|New Orleans,La

cablecopulate wrote:

Firewall, anti virus running? Are you sure it's not your internet connection? Your system is close to mine, I will sometimes freeze but it's due to my connection sucking.
my windows firewall is running it always has been running with no problam with my game my AV isnt running and i dont think anythings wrong with my connection ive reset my modem numerious times
cablecopulate
+449|6707|Massachusetts.
I don't mean resetting the modem, but do you have a slow connection?

Try playing with windows firewall off. Come to think of it, mine is on all of the sudden, maybe that's why I've been getting it.
8thward
+2|6176|New Orleans,La

cablecopulate wrote:

I don't mean resetting the modem, but do you have a slow connection?

Try playing with windows firewall off. Come to think of it, mine is on all of the sudden, maybe that's why I've been getting it.
i have a 10 meg connection
SnyperWiper
+4|6616|Germany
10 Meg ? So, please check the MTU on your routers/Firewalls outbound interface.
It MUST be corresponding to your providers MTU. Otherwise: packetfragmentation=bad latency
(maybe there was a change at your providers site u did not recognize.

If you have DSL, maybe let your provider enable "FastPath" on your port in DSLAM
10 meg is cool, but a bad latency (ping) is not so cool, 10meg or not (!)

Make a DEFRAG on your harddisk (shaders)

Replace (DISABLE) your windows-firewall. Use a firewall on your router if possible !!
(See BF2S.com-Forum for configuring/opening the right ports there for BF2-Client)

also you can try turning dynamic shadows and dynamic lighting to low... (thx:-)

Take 3 GB RAM (not 4 GB !)

Flash your VGAs and mainboards Bios, refresh ALL of your drivers that are possible/available !!
This is the very first thing ANY supporter wants you to in case of trouble.
Maybe you did any windows-updates, and that maybe reason in an old (bios) system.

Disable ALL PowerSavings.

BATCH-FILE-OPTIMIZING / Customizing to your PC:
------------------------------
Attention:
If you start my batchfile WITHOUT checking it NOTHING BAD happen can happen to your system (!!!)
Just restart Windows to undo ALL what my batch has done to your system (just stopping things)

watch/edit  my batchfile to know which tasks/services are unneeded for BF2 (=making it slower)
LINK:
ftp://public:[email protected]/StopAllServices.bat

but know: you will not find all tasks FROM YOUR PC in the Batch because this is CUSTOM from MY PC,
               you will have to find out more, additional, individual services and tasks on YOUR CUSTOM PC
               because you use other/additionally software than I do. OK?

My advise: Just run my batch, observing the number of running services and tasks BEFORE and AFTER running it.
Then try to optimize it  by MANUALLY stopping some of the remaining taks & services, but ONLY TOUCH this one
which are coming FROM YOUR PERSONAL INSTALLATIONS/PROGRAMS/CDs/Downloads.
DO NOT TOUCH ANY MORE FROM THE STANDARD-WINDOWS-XP-SP2-BASED SERVICES & TASKS. I have all tried them out.
Be carefull at THIS POINT !! OK ?

Only check Services/tasks from your applications (i.e: scanner/printer-things, Download-Tools, Tools, eMule a.s.o.)
Try to stop all of it but not up to more than 5 things at a time. Remember them. Then play the game for a night,
and if you have no problems (from stopping this) ADD them manually to my ääh your personal :-) batchfile.
Then try the next if remaining. If you have success maybe you send me a summary of your stopped tasks :-)

AIM OVERALL:
        before starting the game please at least MANUALLY stop possible things in the systray. (unten rechts:-)
        EXECUTE the (customized) StopAllServices.BAT   (Wait a second after ready)
        Start and ENJOY BF2 or any other game:-))

Maybe u dont like me: ACTUAL FIRMWAREZ and DRIVERS are fundamentally !
Especially on Gamer-Systems!

Good Luck
RS

Last edited by SnyperWiper (2008-03-06 14:01:31)

Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6686
do you have VOIP or EAX sound turned on...I got a lot better performance with those turned off
... also you can try turning dynamic shadows and dynamic lighting to low...
Love is the answer
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6746|Kansas, USA

Tehremos wrote:

could it be packet loss?
I have had that problem a few times in the past and Packet Loss was the culprit. Of course dealing with some of the less than stellar tech support at Cox Cable was a pain. I don't think the tech had an idea of what I was talking about when I told them I was experiencing high-packet loss. You can do a tracert or pathping from the command line to determine if you have packet loss:

http://www.exit109.com/~jeremy/news/pro … route.html
http://www.tech-recipes.com/windows_tips1015.html
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h. … /loss.html

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard