cheify0
+2|6248|Philippines
i consider them as goals / challenges
Cardinal85
+8|5928|Western KY, USA.
To me, stats aren't totally important.
Just look at my KDR. It sucks pretty hard, but I have loads of fun playing, so it's no big deal.

Awards aren't something that I hold high, either. I tend to get awards on accident, without shooting for the requirements.

However, my most important factor is points. I like getting unlocks, and new rank images are cool.
A better chance at getting commander is always a plus, too.
Sgt.Lil_Elvis
+2|5951
I wouldn't play without all the stats and awards, maybe that will change after I get them all.
Longbow
+163|6666|Odessa, Ukraine
From those 3, I care only about Stats --> KDR
t0mhank5
+319|6731|Surge
I luuurves mah stats.
HSG
+23|6493|British Columbia, Canada
JESUS CHRIST WE"VE GONE OVER THIS MANY TIMES............... STATS ARE LIFE (fact)
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6806|Bulgaria

XeromeXWarrior wrote:

Without stats/badges/awards/w/e I would have like mm 50 hour max playtime....
Probably I can say the same thing. Even though BF2 is a great game even without the awards. But I've always been a fan of detailed stats in a PC game
Adamshannon8
+94|6204

Kommander_Kale wrote:

=life. I notice every time my kdr and spm go up by .01
<3
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6541
when i actually try to play for stats, shit goes down
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6168|San Antonio, Texas
I was once a statwhore, then I got promoted to Lt. Colonel, saw how long it took to get sexay bird rank, then just stopped playing ranked. I moved onto Project Reality, but one day, I'll be back, absorbing grenades, G36Es, claymores and noobtubes.

That's what makes BF2 great.
Drexel
+43|6496|Philadelphia
Ranks/Awards are kinda lame in my opinion.  Many times, they are sough after solely for showing off or "winning" bf2.  People compare stats like it's the guide saying how amazing you are, even though the 2 people have never done anything the same.  I mean, a Jet whore General fighting an IO medic Colonel figthing a vehicle server AT (that one's me ) claiming that they are better at the game because their stats are better is just retarded.  People pad for respect, and would rather go play a game-mode that is really annoying to them just because it will yield 20 more points per game than one they enjoy playing.

Unlocks are nice to have, but for most kits I prefer the stock guns anyway.  People complain about everything, so use em if you like.  I don't use that G36E when I'm a medic simply because then they can never complain that the gun is what makes me good.

I've been playing unranked servers for the past few weeks (as well as most of my BF2 career) and I have never had so much fun.  Our clan have fun daily playing on co-op servers because it's much more fun than having to deal with the enemy crying that they're losing too bad and leaving the servers.  Just the other day, one of my clan members left our server to go to an IO karkand server because he wanted his next promotion.  He lasted about 30 seconds of nadespamming before he missed what we've been doing, and soon returned.

So, no.  Stats and ranks don't mean a damn thing.  If you think they do, well there's something wrong with ya.  Come join our server if you want to have some fun for a change.  (30 bots vs. 5 is always a treat)

Last edited by Drexel (2008-03-06 14:45:11)

thepilot91
+64|6255|Ă…land!
the stats/awards says quite alot about a player when it comes to tactic and engagement in the game (this counts for bf2 mostly) for example you can see a clear difference between a G36Emediwh0ren00b who is conoel and has played 500 hours or so and a skilled jet/chopper pilot /tankdriver because it takes 150hours for the heli/pilot expert badge...and 400 for tank ...thats the stats that matters i belive ...my own i dont really matter cos i play the way I do and of that shows my stats = sniper&aviator <3
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6645|Sea to globally-cooled sea
yeah I worked really hard to get all my badges for the sharpshooter medal.

Now that I have that, I'm working on my W/L ratio. I'm about 15 wins from a 1:1 on that.

that, and I just enjoy playing.

and staring at my stats
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6168|San Antonio, Texas

G3|Genius wrote:

yeah I worked really hard to get all my badges for the sharpshooter medal.

Now that I have that, I'm working on my W/L ratio. I'm about 15 wins from a 1:1 on that.

that, and I just enjoy playing.

and staring at my stats
My precious . . .

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard