SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6783|Perth, Western Australia
This is to all of the people whining here.

Basically, it is like this now. The game is now balanced. People in jets arent godlike creatures of destruction anymore, no llong3er can they end the round with 75 kills and 2 deaths. Yes, you still get bombed out of existence sometimes, but at least now you can do something about it. No longer can the Chinese chopper just hover low over the american artillery island on wake island and score kill after kill after kill. No longer can a bomber make a run at a base at the beginning of a round, while 3 anti air turrets target it and hit nothing but sky (or a friendly chopper) as the happy go lucky bomber pilot kills half of the enemy team. It is still possible for a good pilot to stay uof ro almost the entire map, like one of the guys in my clan, who on a 64 man server running 1.2 got 20 kill and three deaths flying all round.

This patch separates the average from the excellent. Imn not saying all of you whining here are average, and I have seen a few of you in action doing your flying thing. It just means you actually have to concentrate on skillfully bombing and dodge enemy AA fire now.

I will openly praise the patch because it gives the ground pounders such as myself a chance. Apparently some of you think that EA only cares about money, and thats why the made the AA better. [sarcasm]Yeah, because there definately were not a multitude of threads complaining about the weak AA before the patch came out.[/sarcasm] The reason EWA fixed the AA like that is because so many people were complaining about how weak it was, and how strong the jets were compared to it.

So, in closing, instead of whining how about you adapt. I know that most of you have the skills to adapt, so you should get busy on that seeing as nothing is really going to change soon.

Last edited by SharkyMcshark (2006-02-18 01:13:47)

General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6698|England, UK

SharkyMcshark wrote:

Basically, it is like this now. The game is now balanced. People in jets arent godlike creatures of destruction anymore, no llong3er can they end the round with 75 kills and 2 deaths. Yes, you still get bombed out of existence sometimes, but at least now you can do something about it. No longer can the Chinese chopper just hover low over the american artillery island on wake island and score kill after kill after kill. No longer can a bomber make a run at a base at the beginning of a round, while 3 anti air turrets target it and hit nothing but sky (or a friendly chopper) as the happy go lucky bomber pilot kills half of the enemy team. It is still possible for a good pilot to stay uof ro almost the entire map, like one of the guys in my clan, who on a 64 man server running 1.2 got 20 kill and three deaths flying all round.

This patch separates the average from the excellent. Imn not saying all of you whining here are average, and I have seen a few of you in action doing your flying thing. It just means you actually have to concentrate on skillfully bombing and dodge enemy AA fire now.

I will openly praise the patch because it gives the ground pounders such as myself a chance. Apparently some of you think that EA only cares about money, and thats why the made the AA better. [sarcasm]Yeah, because there definately were not a multitude of threads complaining about the weak AA before the patch came out.[/sarcasm] The reason EWA fixed the AA like that is because so many people were complaining about how weak it was, and how strong the jets were compared to it.

So, in closing, instead of whining how about you adapt. I know that most of you have the skills to adapt, so you should get busy on that seeing as nothing is really going to change soon.
LOL. 5 pages of praise. 25 of complaints. Says it all really. And its not whining, people are having a debate. People who play on the ground and pilot will understand that uber AA and hit point reduction on the air vehicles is too much of a sway to the army people. A slight backtrack is needed. I have adapted but I'm scared that this truely ground breaking FPS has taken a turn for the worse.
fuzzyballs44
+3|6707|Coeur D' Alene, ID
Fine...if it is a modern combat simulator, then the blackhawks can be taken down with the AK's and other assault rifles....a good sniper can poke a guy from 1000 meters out.....an attack helo can't do barrel rolls and can be taken down with three shots from a fifty instead of burning the gun down.  The soldiers on the ground become ineffective after one shot to the shin or in the arm.  THIS IS NOT A SIMULATOR, it is to be a balanced game that entertains a majority of the consumer so that EA and Dice can get a paycheck.  Like it or not HELI PILOTS AND JET PILOTS ARE NOT THE MAJORITY!!!  The ground pounders are and we are sick of getting bombed every twenty seconds  by a jet that we cannot kill unless our one pilot takes it out!  We have redesigned our warfare to contend with the airforce....now you redesign your tactics and prove your "skills" in the air.  I got board with the jets, because in all truth, with a good joystick I tore it down practicing with a jet, I just found that being infantry was a lot more challenging and required more teamwork.
fuzzyballs44

General_CoLin_Tassi wrote:

SharkyMcshark wrote:

LOL. 5 pages of praise. 25 of complaints. Says it all really. And its not whining, people are having a debate. People who play on the ground and pilot will understand that uber AA and hit point reduction on the air vehicles is too much of a sway to the army people. A slight backtrack is needed. I have adapted but I'm scared that this truely ground breaking FPS has taken a turn for the worse.
Sorry but I still disagree with you, if you read through the complaint pages at least half are people defending the patch from those of you that don't like it.
TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6823|Netherlands
Like it or not HELI PILOTS AND JET PILOTS ARE NOT THE MAJORITY!!!  The ground pounders are and we are sick of getting bombed every twenty seconds  by a jet that we cannot kill unless our one pilot takes it out!  We have redesigned our warfare to contend with the airforce..  quote*

Keep the good side up imho; 

think all the graph card issues are made by EA so we all got to get new  Nvidia..

..which i will never never do, i will never admid to such impertinent behaviour;

I LOVE MY ATI GRAPHIC CARD and u whiners all been using tha wrong patch in the first place...

READ BEFORE U INSTALL...

I myself have NON-GRaph.Card related issues after the latest patch..

.so    EA  well done for bringing jets whores back with both feet on the ground  ;P

Last edited by TheMajorBummer (2006-02-18 01:33:41)

General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6698|England, UK

fuzzyballs44 wrote:

Fine...if it is a modern combat simulator, then the blackhawks can be taken down with the AK's and other assault rifles....a good sniper can poke a guy from 1000 meters out.....an attack helo can't do barrel rolls and can be taken down with three shots from a fifty instead of burning the gun down.  The soldiers on the ground become ineffective after one shot to the shin or in the arm.  THIS IS NOT A SIMULATOR, it is to be a balanced game that entertains a majority of the consumer so that EA and Dice can get a paycheck.  Like it or not HELI PILOTS AND JET PILOTS ARE NOT THE MAJORITY!!!  The ground pounders are and we are sick of getting bombed every twenty seconds  by a jet that we cannot kill unless our one pilot takes it out!  We have redesigned our warfare to contend with the airforce....now you redesign your tactics and prove your "skills" in the air.  I got board with the jets, because in all truth, with a good joystick I tore it down practicing with a jet, I just found that being infantry was a lot more challenging and required more teamwork.
LOL. LOL. LOL. Look. Obviously the pilots aren't the majority and when I say modern combat simulator I didn't mean that its real life as in it has modern tanks, apc, jets heli's etc etc. And yes, the jets were too much and thats been addressed but the heli's have had a raw deal aswell. People who have a real problem with the air power should go and play CS or quake. I mean, I was dealing with enemy heli's anyway. AA against jets was a joke. And yes, I have adapted but me being an experienced all round player I see that the new patch has gone to far against the airforce. Plus, why is it the veiw of some ground pounders that the pilots haven't got a clue about teamwork and ground warfare. LOL.
zonterry
+0|6642
You guys are correct there is a problem with the patch. I haven’t looked into fixing it yet because I can't really see the error. The problem is that my CPU usage is high and programs open slowly.

Things that it maybe:

1)    Trojan 
2)    Virus
3)    Patch did not terminate properly
4)    Registry error (invalid string)

Let me know what you see… maybe I can help

After I fix my issue later on today EST I will post what I did.

People with a higher end PC may not be affected. Me myself and I run a

ASUS A7N8X-X BIOS 1010
AMD 1800 clocked to 2400
1.5G of RAM
Both timed a 133mhz
NVIDIA 6200 256mb Geforce AGP
2 200G hard drives partitioned to 5 disks
2G for pagefile (programs)
Duel booted XP, 2000, and Red Hat
CD ROM, DVD ROM
11 Virtual Drives
2 NIC Cards 1 integrated
2 Video Cards 1 integrated
Floppy
Printer fax scan
Phone

For any Ahole who dares to say I running to much. Check your self or get called out.

Last edited by zonterry (2006-02-18 01:43:22)

fuzzyballs44

fuzzyballs44 wrote:

LOL. LOL. LOL. Look. Obviously the pilots aren't the majority and when I say modern combat simulator I didn't mean that its real life as in it has modern tanks, apc, jets heli's etc etc. And yes, the jets were too much and thats been addressed but the heli's have had a raw deal aswell. People who have a real problem with the air power should go and play CS or quake. I mean, I was dealing with enemy heli's anyway. AA against jets was a joke. And yes, I have adapted but me being an experienced all round player I see that the new patch has gone to far against the airforce. Plus, why is it the veiw of some ground pounders that the pilots haven't got a clue about teamwork and ground warfare. LOL.
Your reading to much into what I say....I never said that, I am not stereotyping the pilots, just saying the ones who yelled the most had the highest kill to death ratio, but some of the lowest CP points respective to their scores.  I personally feel the game would not have the same intensity without air combatants, however, if they are something we can't defeat resonably then there is a problem.  I think they should have let the choppers remain armored up, but give us another AA kit like an AT kit so that we can combat some of the airforce.  There are solutions to every problem, what frustrates me is that these forums are 95% bitching and moaning and arguing and there isn't enough compromise and solutions to anything.
General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6698|England, UK

fuzzyballs44 wrote:

fuzzyballs44 wrote:

Your reading to much into what I say....I never said that, I am not stereotyping the pilots, just saying the ones who yelled the most had the highest kill to death ratio, but some of the lowest CP points respective to their scores.  I personally feel the game would not have the same intensity without air combatants, however, if they are something we can't defeat resonably then there is a problem.  I think they should have let the choppers remain armored up, but give us another AA kit like an AT kit so that we can combat some of the airforce.  There are solutions to every problem, what frustrates me is that these forums are 95% bitching and moaning and arguing and there isn't enough compromise and solutions to anything.
That's better. A more balanced view. The patch addressed alot of issues and overall it has made the game possibly better but the heli's have been over degraded and the new AA is better but is it too good. Plus it has the new oil tower bug.
fuzzyballs44

fuzzyballs44 wrote:

That's better. A more balanced view. The patch addressed alot of issues and overall it has made the game possibly better but the heli's have been over degraded and the new AA is better but is it too good. Plus it has the new oil tower bug.
This is where they need our feedback, so they can work that out on the next patch....hopefully a smaller one to fine tune the glaring issues....the red name bug still haunts us, as well as maybe uping the helo's and possibly not weakening the AA but putting a buffer between the double shot so you can't shoot as fast...this would let the pilot react before the second AA missle strikes.
General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6698|England, UK

fuzzyballs44 wrote:

fuzzyballs44 wrote:

This is where they need our feedback, so they can work that out on the next patch....hopefully a smaller one to fine tune the glaring issues....the red name bug still haunts us, as well as maybe uping the helo's and possibly not weakening the AA but putting a buffer between the double shot so you can't shoot as fast...this would let the pilot react before the second AA missle strikes.
My work here is done!
Ballistix5
+36|6772|Forster NSW
Its Unleashed a MASSIVE amount of Snipers and Supporters for at least the next week
NPN_Scorpio
+2|6680|King's Island

General_CoLin_TassiLOL. wrote:

5 pages of praise. 25 of complaints. Says it all really. And its not whining, people are having a debate. People who play on the ground and pilot will understand that uber AA and hit point reduction on the air vehicles is too much of a sway to the army people. A slight backtrack is needed. I have adapted but I'm scared that this truely ground breaking FPS has taken a turn for the worse.
5:25 praise:complaint ratio is high praise indeed.

This is common statistical knowledge.
Usually the complainers outnumber the praisers by 20 to 1 or more for any given subject.

Why?

Because people who are happy are less apt to voice their opinion than people who are not.
Call it human nature, if you will.
ProDicTeD
+2|6806

SirRevan wrote:

AdamEcks wrote:

The worst thing I have seen about this patch so far is the amount of complaints from people who bunny hopped/plan whored/dolphin dove/etc for their entire time playing BF2. Now they are left with no skill and nothing left to do. There are more compalints from the people that do all these things already than there ever were from people complaing about these things.

In 2 weeks, after all these guys clear out, BF2 will be a MUCH better place.
why? why can't a player be in a plane thruout the entire round? why cant he be in a heli thruout the entire round?

my fav. class is spec ops and i dont get accused of "spec ops whoring".

truth is, piloting should be considered a "kit", there's even a goddam badge for it. It does take skill to pilot a damn plane or heli for that matter, even if thats ALL you can do. I bet a shit load of ppl who stay on-foot 24/7 cant pilot worth a rat's ass...

if u hate skilled pilot's THAT MUCH, get in a damn plane and prove you got skills and take the asshole out, but don't call a master pilot a plane whore and more importantly, dont make the goddam titanium jets just as fragile as paper airplanes!

im fine with boosting the AA but dont friggin handicap the perfectly fine heli's and aircraft. It wont take long before BF2 fills with tank whores, and the newcoming AA-whores! WOOT

booshit

continuing..
not being able to jump throw nades? thats gay, this is a FPS, and throwing nades have ALWAYS been a FPS-trademark thing. Even in RL, you could jump throw a granade so whats up with that?

same goes for C4. im sure u could throw it in RL (heck u could shoot it off a cannon and it'd still work just fine). now u gotta run up to crap like a little moron... if the spec op's #1 priority is to be STEALTHY... whats more stealthy than throwing C4 undetected? well, now u cant... dumb crap...

bunny-shit... good thing thats out. but i think they took it too far... instead they could have just increased the stamina cost for jumping like maaaaaad... it would have eliminated bunnyhopping and would still allow us action whores to do our diving thing regularly. (but EA's too stupid to come up with these kinds of solutions)

cant think of anything else rite now so... ill be back.. lol

(patch sucks, only got it cuz it made the ranks pretty... btw, when is someone ever gonna get general? i thought they alrdy had all the req's, whats keeping it from happening?)
Well said mate. I feel that anybody with a full understanding of whole game will have a problem with patch 1.2. Anybody who hates the jets/heli's go play CS or Quake 4. BF2 is a modern war simulator.
very nice said. I used to play to games, CS and BF2. After the new patch im just playing CS, cause BF2 just sucks.
SirRevan
+0|6641

fuzzyballs44 wrote:

My work here is done!
I have to agree...

I have two MAJOR problems with this patch...

(MUST WATCH---
http://secretsofbattlefield.com/Insaneaa.wmv
-----)

1) Planes and helis are now too weak...
this is easily fixable.. AA is too Fed up (watch the vid). sure, AA back in 1.12 sucked... and they should be made better (those 1.2 turns are just, i cant even describe it), but dammit, dont lower the airforce's armor, leave it the way it was. GIVE US A CHANCE TO SURVIVE them missiles! I realise it was unlikely to take down a heli or plane with AA pre-patch but now its impossible to survive AA, so we're back to where we were pre-patch... pilots are now gonna complain that AA's are certain deaths (which is true) just like AAers complained before that pilots were un-shootable.. ironic isnt it?

2) No jump throwing/jump shooting
Sure, it eliminated bunnyhopping... But i still cant believe i cant jump throw c4 or jump/prone anymore BECAUSE some people decided to abuse this thing.
Couldn't EA just made jumping a huge hit to stamina? it would eliminate bunnyhopping and it'd still let me chuck my nades and c4's and jump-shoot and jump-prone whenever i felt it'd be NECESSARY (not 24/7)
They could just include an indicator in the STA bar (like the red when you can no longer sprint)... blue sta bar means u can no longer jump.

So there it is, my complaints and my solutions which i rlly think would have worked to reduce all the "bitching and whining and blah blah blah" like some of you put it.

Last edited by SirRevan (2006-02-18 10:05:56)

General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6698|England, UK

NPN_Scorpio wrote:

General_CoLin_TassiLOL. wrote:

5 pages of praise. 25 of complaints. Says it all really. And its not whining, people are having a debate. People who play on the ground and pilot will understand that uber AA and hit point reduction on the air vehicles is too much of a sway to the army people. A slight backtrack is needed. I have adapted but I'm scared that this truely ground breaking FPS has taken a turn for the worse.
5:25 praise:complaint ratio is high praise indeed.

This is common statistical knowledge.
Usually the complainers outnumber the praisers by 20 to 1 or more for any given subject.

Why?

Because people who are happy are less apt to voice their opinion than people who are not.
Call it human nature, if you will.
Disagree. I this instance there are two threads. One for praise and one for complaints.
doxy
+74|6788|Nevis

SirRevan wrote:

[...] But i still cant believe i cant jump throw a nade ....
you can still throw all kind of grens while jumping. all this complaining is such pathetic, i can't believe it... oke for the first days it was fine, people getting used to it, but now? not the patch sucks, the complaining sucks, i'm readings things like this whiny guy "i can't throw nades anymore...." *cries*
DUDE GET INTO THE GAME AND HAVE A TEST
press ur fucking JUMP bar after fucking pressing the flahs-smoke-big-bang trigger. ur fucking character needs time to throw, use that fucking time to fucking jump, instead of crying for mama. and ffs if u don't like the patch, don't install it, u don't need to play 1.2, u can still go for 1.12. like some people not using steam cs and still use the good old cs 1.5.

//EDIT
maaaan, i wanted to have the 600th post! *hmpf*

Last edited by doxy (2006-02-18 07:15:37)

TheFlahs|dk
+0|6641
This patch is just one big fucking bug!
FourStars
+1|6737|Australia

zonterry wrote:

You guys are correct there is a problem with the patch. I haven’t looked into fixing it yet because I can't really see the error. The problem is that my CPU usage is high and programs open slowly.

Things that it maybe:

1)    Trojan 
2)    Virus
3)    Patch did not terminate properly
4)    Registry error (invalid string)

Let me know what you see… maybe I can help

After I fix my issue later on today EST I will post what I did.

People with a higher end PC may not be affected. Me myself and I run a

ASUS A7N8X-X BIOS 1010
AMD 1800 clocked to 2400
1.5G of RAM
Both timed a 133mhz
NVIDIA 6200 256mb Geforce AGP
2 200G hard drives partitioned to 5 disks
2G for pagefile (programs)
Duel booted XP, 2000, and Red Hat
CD ROM, DVD ROM
11 Virtual Drives
2 NIC Cards 1 integrated
2 Video Cards 1 integrated
Floppy
Printer fax scan
Phone

For any Ahole who dares to say I running to much. Check your self or get called out.
your running too much
Sh4rkb1t3
+6|6682

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

I think it's going to ruin the way I play.
Too bad, Bugs Bunny.
Takedazor
+10|6776|Vila Real, Portugal
Many ppl complaining about the patch are doing it for the wrong reasons, hellis and jets aren't less powerfull now it just takes more skill, caution and teamwork to get the job done. Thing is that most helli and plane pilots before the patch just went rampage into the danger zone without having to worry much for being shoot down(i did this many times) and now they realise they can't win the war alone.

I think this patch as pushed the TEAMWORK barrier a bit higher, that was what everyone wanted i think.

Problems with the patch are that now AA rockets take wild turns and that is not normal, we got a bug at one map with the AA, support weapons should have much less accuracy when the player isn't down, i see people killing me easy with it standing, support should have the worst accuracy standing by far not counting the shotguns of course.

There are still some other bugs that the patch brought and i think DICE should concentrate on that.

For those that don't believe that air can still rank a lot of points take a look at this, 1st is my gunner, 2nd me, and 3rd a plane pilot.

https://img500.imageshack.us/img500/5013/ptct9ot.th.jpg

EA gave you "ground pwders" more chance to take us out and i think it's good cause now people use stuff they never used before like the fixed and mobile AA, and tanks are used much more too, so the patch just balances the game, now if a team sucks even the best pilot in the game wont be able to do much, i've been kicked around many times because the other team was much better than mine and when i say mine i include myself as being worst.

I hate it when ppl call me helli whore, it's just stupid that people just don't know what they talk about and usually have no skills at those veichles, so if a go on a tank, apc, helli, plane i will be a veihcle whore so i think you guys perfer when our friendly veihcles are taken by the enemy and start pwning our asses like i see sometimes happen because no one wants them(no skills with it maybe).

After a few rounds with some very good scores people start votkicking you and if that doesn't work wich appens most times they switch team infiltrate your commander post and keep TKilling you even AFTER THE PATCH, so now you can take us out with rocks and do this stuff? SOME ppl need to grow up(not talking to everyone), ad to leave some official servers because of this and it sucks.
MajorHoulahan_MASH
+31|6720

Beatdown Patrol wrote:

I am only saying this in response to your post because I do not feel that it is because of crap pilots that a helo is able to stay in the air.  It is more because jet pilots were too busy point farming in their invincible jets to even care.
- Beatdown
Right, spot on !

I had  the same experience during the patch 1.12 , you yelled -enemy helicopter- to your jet-pilot , and nothing happened....

Glad this patch 1.2 gives ground troops a chance now to take care of enemy choppers with AA or Vodnik or whatever.
NPN_Scorpio
+2|6680|King's Island

Disagree. I this instance there are two threads. One for praise and one for complaints.
Have a look at the verbosity of the complaints and the praise.

People who like this patch either don't bother writing anything at all (they are playing instead), or write a handful of lines of "WOO! SWEET!" and then leave the thread (do i hear a "Happy smurfs..." in the back?),

whereas the disgruntled people write novels, defend their views, return to the thread, qoute long passages and generally get more involved.

I'm a schizoid example of this myself: on the whole I like the way the patch has changed gameplay on the servers and I said so on the praise thread, but I haven't bothered to go back there.

But since this is the complaint thread I'll post my few gripes here:

Air-to-air missiles are too foolproof. No more dogfights.

Accuracy is weird and unbalanced for the unlock LMG:s. Support is now more accurate than anything else, except snipers. Highly accurate gun + huge "clip" size + unlimited ammo = gamebreaker.

SMG:s firing single shots have less accuracy and damage than pistols. From personal experience I would say that an SMG is much more accurate at range in semi-auto mode and does slightly more damage (longer barrel, higher muzzle velocity.) How about giving them Min dev slightly less than the pistols, the vanilla SMG:s 21 damage, P90 and MP.7 22 damage and balance them aganst the rifles/carbines with the dev/shot number?

Indestructible claymores. If FF is off almost every flag is festooned with claymores, and the only way to remove enemy claymores is to trip them (and have a Medic nearby to prevent ticket loss to the team).
If FF is on the sniper can only remove them himself by tripping them (to prevent the dreaded tk). Or spend a lot of time giving directions to an engineer ("No, not that way! Noooo! <boom>).

I have less of a problem with the AT mines behaving like this. Engineers can remove them with the wrench, and they don't blow up in his face when he does it.
Beatdown Patrol
+1|6736

SirRevan wrote:

1) Planes and helis are now too weak...
this is easily fixable.. AA is too Fed up (watch the vid). sure, AA back in 1.12 sucked... and they should be made better (those 1.2 turns are just, i cant even describe it), but dammit, dont lower the airforce's armor, leave it the way it was. GIVE US A CHANCE TO SURVIVE them missiles! I realise it was unlikely to take down a heli or plane with AA pre-patch but now its impossible to survive AA, so we're back to where we were pre-patch... pilots are now gonna complain that AA's are certain deaths (which is true) just like AAers complained before that pilots were un-shootable.. ironic isnt it?

2) No jump throwing/jump shooting
Sure, it eliminated bunnyhopping... But i still cant believe i cant jump throw c4 or jump/prone anymore BECAUSE some people decided to abuse this thing.
Couldn't EA just made jumping a huge hit to stamina? it would eliminate bunnyhopping and it'd still let me chuck my nades and c4's and jump-shoot and jump-prone whenever i felt it'd be NECESSARY (not 24/7)
They could just include an indicator in the STA bar (like the red when you can no longer sprint)... blue sta bar means u can no longer jump.

So there it is, my complaints and my solutions which i rlly think would have worked to reduce all the "bitching and whining and blah blah blah" like some of you put it.
I personally don't care if they increase the hitpoints on Helos.  If that makes pilots feel more secure, then fine.....as long as I can still drop one without using a full belt of .50 cal ammo or overheating my APCs main cannon. 

I don't care if they increase Helos hitpoints...as long as if I hit a Helo with my 120mm smoothbore tank cannon, the helo is almost dead.  (and for the record...I personally believe that a tank round should be an instant kill on any aircraft.  The skill it takes to hit a moving helo with a tank round is very, very high)

I also don't care if they increase the hitpoints...as long as two missiles still down a Helo.

I mean, lets air the dirty little secret here.  Pilots are not asking for more hitpoints because they fear AA missiles.  Two missile hits should always equal 1 dead bird and everyone knows that.  Pilots want their hitpoints back because they want to restore their survivability against heavy machine guns along with tank rounds and the 25mm & 30mm cannons on APCs.  By doing this...pilots would indeed have their flying tanks back in effect.  Why is it that you don't hear any screaming about the 8 missiles and shortened TVGM range?  It is because most pilots really don't care about that since OFFENSIVE power was never the issue with airpower.  The entire issue with airpower was the ineffective AA and that the HITPOINTS and ARMOR on Helos made it impossible for any type of ground force to swat them before either their weapon overheated or the pilot would run out of range.  More often though...the pilot would just turn around and kill you with the mentality that you were more of a nuisance than a threat.  I am having a very hard time in understanding why pilots can not seem admit or accept this fact. 

In relation to the jets, the AA now locks tone faster because jets could streak in at any altitude and blow anything to pieces before the AA could get a lock.  The new lock times are fast, but still not so fast that a jet still can't fly directly at the AA site and toast it with guns.  As other notorious pilot (whom I won't name) has bragadociously stated...they have already found a way around the problem.  Even more laughable is that the while AA is more deadly, the reduced range of AA has created gaps where air can penetrate and attack with impunity.  Time to adjust your ingress/egress routes, pilots.

...and finally, I find that off all the crying and moaning and rending of hair and gnashing of teeth, pilots are STILL placing at the top of the food chain on maps with air.  They die a little more and have to work harder...but they are STILL outpointing everyone else on the map.  For all the crying, this patch amounts to nothing more than an inconvenience to a veteran BF2 pilot.

- Beatdown

Last edited by Beatdown Patrol (2006-02-18 12:36:13)

Takedazor
+10|6776|Vila Real, Portugal
Tell that to the blackhawk pilots in the mashtur city map, now the machineguns are worthless and 1guy in a car gun can take it out in like 6sec.

Mobile AA is now deadly if someone knows how to use it, but some ppl thing that now they are invulnerable in it so they still get killed a lot.

I just wish they put 2AA rockets in the helli it would be a nice addition to the game lol.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard