White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6552|Scotland

OmniDeath wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

So, where are the pictures?  tell us how badass it is.
Just finished putting it together, and have the pics taken, I'll upload them as soon as I get Vista installed.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

If you're bothering with 5.1 speakers, get an X-Fi sound card and some 7.1's.

Too late, now that you ordered though.
I had planned on a sound card, but I decided against it (the extra money went to other parts ). Also, 7.1 would just be too many speakers for my little studio
You REALLY would benefit from a sound card. You won't believe the difference in sound quality. STRONGLY recommend it.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6453|The Twilight Zone

White-Fusion wrote:

OmniDeath wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

So, where are the pictures?  tell us how badass it is.
Just finished putting it together, and have the pics taken, I'll upload them as soon as I get Vista installed.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

If you're bothering with 5.1 speakers, get an X-Fi sound card and some 7.1's.

Too late, now that you ordered though.
I had planned on a sound card, but I decided against it (the extra money went to other parts ). Also, 7.1 would just be too many speakers for my little studio
You REALLY would benefit from a sound card. You won't believe the difference in sound quality. STRONGLY recommend it.
Agreed.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
OmniDeath
~
+726|6644

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=95411

Help?
Fixed.

Pics soon.

Last edited by OmniDeath (2008-03-05 08:50:21)

OmniDeath
~
+726|6644

Pics added, 3Dmark scores to come, once i figure out why my wireless won't work
topal63
. . .
+533|6718
What is that under the desk (just left of the comp.)?
siciliano732
+202|6649|New York
nice lookin system.
_NL_Lt.EngineerFox
Big Mouth Prick
+219|6531|Golf 1.8 GTI Wolfsburg Edition

OmniDeath wrote:

Pics added, 3Dmark scores to come, once i figure out why my wireless won't work
You cannot, will not , shall not have a better score or I will shoot myself in the nostrel.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6644

topal63 wrote:

What is that under the desk (just left of the comp.)?
Sub woofer with a joystick sitting on top

:sigh: New problem... apparently linksys blows and hasn't released a driver for 64bit vista for my old wireless card. Any suggestions on a new one that will be compatible with this setup?
Reciprocity
+721|6581|the dank(super) side of Oregon
Is that how they recommended installing the CPU heatsink?  usually it's pointing the other way, pushing air through the heatsink towards the rear of the case because that fan at the rear is pulling air out of the case.

and did you remember to install the chipset fan on the board mounted heatsink?  I don't see it installed in your pics.

Last edited by Reciprocity (2008-03-05 18:19:32)

DRAC2GUNZ
+1|6442

Reciprocity wrote:

Is that how they recommended installing the CPU heatsink?  usually it's pointing the other way, pushing air through the heatsink towards the rear of the case because that fan at the rear is pulling air out of the case.

and did you remember to install the chipset fan on the board mounted heatsink?  I don't see it installed in your pics.
Yeah, that zalman looks like its backwards ;Q

Nice build though. I wouldve gone w/ a 512 8800GT instead though, and 4GB more ram.

Last edited by DRAC2GUNZ (2008-03-05 18:28:00)

White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6552|Scotland

DRAC2GUNZ wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

Nice build though. I wouldve gone w/ a 512 8800GT instead though, and 4GB more ram.
8 gig of ram is useless.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6644

White-Fusion wrote:

DRAC2GUNZ wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

8 gig of ram is useless.
8GB is too much, and the GTS >GT

And no, the Zalman is not backwards, it is blowing air out the back of the tower as specified in the manual.... don't know why it would look backwards.
Reciprocity

OmniDeath wrote:

And no, the Zalman is not backwards, it is blowing air out the back of the tower as specified in the manual.... don't know why it would look backwards.
so that fan pulls air through the heatink instead of pushing? ok.

did you install the chipset fan?
ReDevilJR
+106|6351
I think it is backwards, I remember my Zalman, same one had shown a diagram showing the direction of airflow, having the fan in the front, blowing towards the back. However, I pointed my fan to the top (Fan faced down)

Edit: Zalman 9700NT
https://img186.imageshack.us/img186/8168/image1jk0.jpg

Last edited by ReDevilJR (2008-03-05 19:24:32)

RECONDO67
+60|6636|miami FL
I like the cooler on the memory
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6220|Phoenix, AZ
Im going to have to admit, I almost came, I love how simple and elegant the case looks and that green LED is just teh_sex...

this pushed me over the spooge in my pants edge though....

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/O … MG2607.jpg

Oh, how I envy you!!
Reciprocity

GodFather wrote:

Im going to have to admit, I almost came, I love how simple and elegant the case looks and that green LED is just teh_sex...

Oh, how I envy you!!
yeah, the cosmos is a very impressive case.  and it's even more impressive when you work on it.  pressing one button mounts and secures the disc drives,  the HD's slide in and out on their own racks.

the external rails are stuctural and make moving it much easier.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6766|Cambridge (UK)

OmniDeath wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

8 gig of ram is useless.
8GB is too much
Depends what you're doing with your PC.

If you edit large video or audio files a lot, for example, then the more RAM the better (to a point - IIRC, Vita Home is limited to 8GB max, most editions 16GB and Business and Ultimate 128GB+).
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6453|The Twilight Zone
You had to unscrew and take the mobo out of the case to install the cpu cooler didn't you
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6220|Phoenix, AZ

Reciprocity wrote:

GodFather wrote:

Oh, how I envy you!!
yeah, the cosmos is a very impressive case.  and it's even more impressive when you work on it.  pressing one button mounts and secures the disc drives,  the HD's slide in and out on their own racks.

the external rails are stuctural and make moving it much easier.
Mines chop full of screws, forced drives, jumbled wires and modifications all over the place...

I wish I would have something more simple, but then again i seriously like my Tai-Chi

It looks like nothing else.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6570|Portland, OR, USA
Get those 2 speakers behind you!  Surround sound sounds so much better when the noise that's supposed to be coming from behind you actually comes from behind you.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6644

CommieChipmunk wrote:

Get those 2 speakers behind you!  Surround sound sounds so much better when the noise that's supposed to be coming from behind you actually comes from behind you.
Haha, yea... at the time of the picture, those weren't even plugged in
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6549|UK

Nice!  Thoughts on the case?  It's a real heavy one right?

Martyn
t05h
+2|6295
Woah sexy. Hope you're proud of it - I would be
SineNomine
Panzerblitz
+37|6723|SPARTA
coolermaster cosmos best case ever. ideal for watercooling!!!! just awesome. you made the right choice

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard