-]Eucalyptus[-
I'm a MOO MOO STARRR!!1
+17|6740|Switzerland (Im not swiss tho)
The Story of BATTLEFIELD 2
What could be the background story of Battlefield 2? I’ve always wondered but EA/DICE has never given an explanation or background story to the current crises.
The following tries to mesh real life political situations and the hints we get from the map descriptions to help tell a story of how WWIII had begun. Note: This only covers BF2, BF2 Special Forces and BF2 Euro Force. BF2 Armored Fury will be set farther into the future

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Year is 2007. China, in its ever growing fast paced economy, demands more and more oil to fuel its economic dominance. China has for years secured favorable relations in the Middle East in order to secure oil transactions and contracts, vital for the growth of China’s economy. http://www.cfr.org/publication/9569/man … _east.html.

The USA and the EU has often had conflicts with Iran because of its Nuclear Program. Events like the ones in early 2006 where Russia has agreed to intervene in the conflict between Uranium Enrichment, offering to have Iran's uranium enriched on Russia's soil to advert the international suspicion that Iran was enriching its uranium to develop nuclear weapons http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/02/ … index.html, have shown that the Middle East a significant hotspot in the world, influencing and drawing global players throughout the world. Russia has often supplied and done business with Iran. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4301889.stm Iran had always harbored a resolution to “wipe Israel of the face of the map” http://www.iht.com/articles/2005/10/26/news/iran.php and many perceive its nuclear program is of a military nature, developing nuclear weapons to use against its much hated enemy of Israel. http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/02/ … index.html

As Iran gets referred to the UN Security Council with the IAEA finally blowing the whistle, Iran defiantly continues with its nuclear program. In the following months tensions rise while Europe and America puts increasing pressure on Iran. Pressure on Russia to take the western world’s stance does not suffice, and Russia does not budge. America tries to calm Israel’s temperament, as Israel is only holding back invading Iran (and much of the Middle East that stands in between them) in an effort for a pre-emptive strike because of Bush’s pressure to not take to action. It is already well known that Iran has ballistic missiles capable of carrying nuclear warheads throughout the region (news reports of 2004/2005). Iran, anticipating war in the future, creates the MEC, the Middle Eastern Coalition. Iran is the main force in the MEC, as many Middle Eastern countries have not joined it, notably, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, UAE, Qatar, Jordan. However, pressure amongst the MEC members of Syria, Oman and Egypt have forced these dissident countries to come under their influence and MEC forces have a free hand in much of the Middle East besides Iraq, the main base of operations of US forces. The MEC asks to purchase arms, armor and aircraft from Russia, thus causing the majority of the MEC armaments to be up to date.

As weeks go by, Bush’s conservative base roars for action and his political opponents only grow stronger. The 43rd President of America finally finds it in himself to take action. George W. Bush lobbies the world’s nations to join him in his invasion of Iran, with the majority of the European countries (acting as one, the EU) agreeing. Russia and China promptly veto any resolution regarding this in the Security Council, favoring diplomatic and economic incentives and opposing “western imperialist aggression”. The USA and its alliance, NATO, begin to deploy an invasion force to Iran. Russia and China promptly announces war against any aggressor nation and the world’s nations begin to prepare themselves for a limited world war, where opposing sides fight for limited objectives (not total war, where nukes would be used and an entire country’s resources are slanted to destroying the enemy and winning the war). Bush finds America’s forces impossibly stretched throughout Iraq and Afghanistan, and calls on Congress to draft a resolution to reinstate the draft. Millions of men and boys get enlisted in what is promised to be known in history as “World War III”. Military forces are withdrawn from Iraq in the hopes that Iraq has finally strengthened its own police forces to the point where it can stand strong in the face of Al-Qaeda and Zarqawi and his foreign fighters. The perpetrators of the 2005-2006 insurgencies in Iraq were composed mostly of nationalists and foreign fighters/terrorists. Now that America has left Iraq, the nationalists find no motive in continuing fighting and both the Iraqi government and the nationalists work together to rid their country of Al-Qaeda (read the recent TIME magazine article a few weeks ago… it shows the nationalists and foreign terrorists are fighting each other). A final rebellion by the Al-Qaeda Insurgents takes place in Fallujah, a city of a bloody significance as seen in the 2005 offensive, the largest offensive in post-war Iraq. British Special Forces, the SAS, are sent in. Troops are moved from Afghanistan to invade Iran from the east and the divisions from Iraq invade the west. http://www.computerandvideogames.com/op … 153784.jpg
Together, the forces of the EU and the forces of the USA begin to invade Iran and much of the Middle East, and once again the theme of “liberation” becomes saturated in much of the media, the West’s entertainment/propaganda machine. Vital positions of power are fought for. The Gulf of Oman needed to be controlled due to the need for safety of the aircraft carriers passing through. US forces advanced on MEC positions in Saudi Arabia, with the blessing of the Royal Family of Saud, and battles such as the one over Kubra Dam became widespread.

China immediately responds by invading Taiwan, and plans on attacking Japan and control much of Asia next, in order to limit American influence in this region. This invasion of Taiwan and the threat to Japan, a close ally of the US, prompts the US to take action. (In April 2001 George W. Bush had promised to defend Taiwan if China invades. http://www.foreignaffairs.org/20040301f … aiwan.html However, it must be said that the US is in favor of the status quo and does not back Taiwanese independence). General Tommy Franks is put in charge of the Asian theater, and military forces from the bases in Japan and Korea deploy. Aircraft carriers are sent to both Middle Eastern and Asian theaters, and General Franks begins what is known as the “Two birds with one stone” strategy. In this General Franks has advocated an invasion of North Korea to put an end once and for all of Kim Jong Il’s regime and the threat he has on Asian stability and his nuclear threat. Once they have demolished the regime, American forces keep up their amphibious attack driving deeper and deeper into Manchuria.

Russia’s response is limited, and few military units are mobilized, due to political instability in Russia. The impending war is increasingly unpopular with the Russian people, who had to deal with years of the Chechnya conflict and Muslim terrorists. Vladimir Putin, although at one point in the early 2000s was considered a sort of new Czar, gradually loses his power to his ever strengthening opponents in the Duma (Russian Parliament). (A TIME MAGAZINE article months back shows that Putin is, indeed, losing his grip on power.) This leaves the EU with no worries with conflict with Russia; although Russia’s hostile political opposition to the war in the Middle East seriously hampers European deployment to the Asian theater. However, relations with Russia are far from sweet: Russian Spetsnatz forces constantly fight and sabotage the EU forces and their efforts. As internal dissent and political opposition grows ever stronger the Rebel groups of Chechnya are emboldened and believe this to be an opportunity to act. These Rebels were countered by the Spetznatz after gaining a minor advantage as the number of Russian troops lowered due to many military units diverted towards the west for defense. Eventually however, as an internal coup had disposed of Vladimir Putin and the political structure of Russia had collapsed, Russia withdrew from the war and allowed the EU full access to the Asian theatre. (From a Map Description: A newly negotiated peace with Russia has allowed the European Union to launch an attack into mainland China from the north. The EU forces…http://www.computerandvideogames.com/op … 153782.jpg).

Together, the forces of both the EU and America fight together to obtain control of the Middle East and to pierce the heart of the Red Dragon.

Written on the 16th of February, 2006 by -]Eucalyptus[-

Sorry if this is boring to any of you. I enjoyed it

And yes, I have a life. Stfu

Last edited by -]Eucalyptus[- (2013-02-14 11:11:17)

Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6684
lmao what the hell im not reading any of that you nerd
7h3647h32in6
+0|6719
LOL Let's give it the starwars back story!
chronoserpent
+0|6641
Well, I read it through, and it's actually pretty realistic.  Certainly possible in our near future.  Good job!
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6770|Noizyland

Wow, you really thought this out, and spent a lot of effort in writing that... I should probably read it... yep... I mean, I could either continue randomly going through the website, or stop and read this... I should, I mean, a lot of effort was put into it... but... yeah...
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
thechanz
+-1|6643
does get boring while reading lol but i see a lot of effort into that. So im impressed . It sounds so realistic that im kinda scared in the real world lol :S
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6761|Toronto Canada
wow UBER 1337
l41e
+677|6644

Berserk_Vampire wrote:

If that's not sarcasm, I'm going to tie you to a humvee and make you drive it off a cliff.

Just because someone can think doesn't mean they're a nerd.

But anyway, great story. Reads like a history summary. A good one.
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6641|Camoran's Paradise
Great job man.  You really did your homework and mixed a little creativity with it..maybe a lot.  Its scarey but its very possible.  Some of the other posters must have ADD or something to burn the story.  Again..good job.  Keep it up.  (i know its late but Happy Winter-een-mas :p)
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6684

k30dxedle wrote:

Berserk_Vampire wrote:

If that's not sarcasm, I'm going to tie you to a humvee and make you drive it off a cliff.

Just because someone can think doesn't mean they're a nerd.

But anyway, great story. Reads like a history summary. A good one.
It was a friendly joke notice the smiley at the end so i guess you cant think properly
G/SiLo
+-2|6672|why do u care
u wrote it like if it had already happened which is kick ass. so realistic and capable of actually happening. it would be crazy if it did and it would be a miracle if no nukes were used during that war. in other words, if that really happened we'd be screwed along with the rest of the world except canada and australia. their just like wtf.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6712
great  stuff, u really researched and stuff, so go bf2! in 2007 china doesnt have enough military power to invade taiwan... we got crack pilots both army and airforce. but they might try an invasion, but failling missibraly, and we got super cobras any ship comes near by... here comes a tv guided missile...

Last edited by cyborg_ninja-117 (2006-02-17 03:27:53)

https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
-]Eucalyptus[-
I'm a MOO MOO STARRR!!1
thx for all the compliments guys, i worked for a hour and a half on that or so
it really brightens my day to know that i've received positive feedback. *sniff

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

great  stuff, u really researched and stuff, so go bf2! in 2007 china doesnt have enough military power to invade taiwan... we got crack pilots both army and airforce. but they might try an invasion, but failling missibraly, and we got super cobras any ship comes near by... here comes a tv guided missile...
Lol my dad was in the taiwanese army when he was a teen, shooting motars at Chinese fishing boats (apparently they were "spy" boats.) Anyway, i HAVE seen statistics of the chinese and taiwanese forces.... believe me, in 2007 they should stand a good possibility of getting ashore... even with our f-16s and super cobras that we bought from US

Oh yeah i forgot to mention. in april 2001 bush pledged to do "whatever it takes" to defend taiwan from china if china attacks. however, this is only if taiwan maintains the status quo and china decides to be an aggressor. However, Bush has warned taiwan again and again that the US is in favor of the status quo (two systems, one country, automous region but one country etc etc) and bush warned Chen Suay Bien not to go insane, stand before the big gigantic blob of a country on the other side of the Strait and say, FU, we are independent. if taiwan declares independence unilaterally bush will be powerless to stop china from invading it, because they violated the terms.

p.s. i'm not taiwanese lol. im half. the rest is quarter japanese, quarter chinese, and i am of an american nationality living in europe w00t.
BaD.MaGiC.N
+0|6640
nice work dude:p
SpanktorTheGreat
Bringer of slight pain and mild discomfort.
+1|6810

-]Eucalyptus[- wrote:

Russia’s response is limited, and few military units are mobilized, due to political instability in Russia. The impending war is increasingly unpopular with the Russian people, who had to deal with years of the Chechnya conflict and Muslim terrorists. Vladimir Putin, although at one point in the early 2000s was considered a sort of new Czar, gradually loses his power to his ever strengthening opponents in the Duma (Russian Parliament). (A TIME MAGAZINE article months back shows that Putin is, indeed, losing his grip on power.)

T
Muslim terrorists? Are those the same people the news keeps calling "rebels"? hehe. It's nice to see some one on here who is following along. If you really want to freak yourself out read some Bible prophecy and compare it to what is going on.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6712
our artillary has a range of 10km, and we got patriot missile systems on the coast, where i live we might get combat lol, coz i live in the harbour... but well super cobras on teh way! 1 tv missile will take out a chinese boat
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6670|Canberra, AUS
Excellent.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6751|The Netherlands
I see. well I understand the whole middle east thing but the part with China and Russia seems quite unlikely
why should they care about a war versus the MEC unless they allready thought of attacking the US/EU and with this war so close they have a good reason to attack them and tell the world that they don't want aggressors

exellent work
-]Eucalyptus[-
I'm a MOO MOO STARRR!!1

fdcp_elmo wrote:

I see. well I understand the whole middle east thing but the part with China and Russia seems quite unlikely
why should they care about a war versus the MEC unless they allready thought of attacking the US/EU and with this war so close they have a good reason to attack them and tell the world that they don't want aggressors

exellent work
china and russia do not want the us to control the worlds oil supply. russia is less affected by this, since they have oil reserves of their own, hence the widespread unpopularity of the war as its benefits do not make themselves apparent in the minds of the Russian people. thats why there's the collasp of the russian political system. a coup d'etat with Putin 6 feet under lol. or he might have lived. bwahahahahha he returns to battlefield 3 as a reconstructed cyborg with miniguns as arms! w0000000t.....

china is heavily, heavily dependent on oil to fuel its economic growth. a lot of articles, editiorials and sources state this. the invasion of the middle east would not only disrupt oil in the short run and cause massive loss for the chinese, but also will give the west the advantage, as any government set up after the EU and USA would favor trading oil with the west rather than China. China cannot allow this. The Communist Party mentality is that the 21st century is China's century, and they've finally taken their rightful place in history after many years of political gang bang rape by the european imperialist powers of the 1800s.
-]Eucalyptus[-
I'm a MOO MOO STARRR!!1

SpanktorTheGreat wrote:

-]Eucalyptus[- wrote:

Russia’s response is limited, and few military units are mobilized, due to political instability in Russia. The impending war is increasingly unpopular with the Russian people, who had to deal with years of the Chechnya conflict and Muslim terrorists. Vladimir Putin, although at one point in the early 2000s was considered a sort of new Czar, gradually loses his power to his ever strengthening opponents in the Duma (Russian Parliament). (A TIME MAGAZINE article months back shows that Putin is, indeed, losing his grip on power.)

T
Muslim terrorists? Are those the same people the news keeps calling "rebels"? hehe. It's nice to see some one on here who is following along. If you really want to freak yourself out read some Bible prophecy and compare it to what is going on.
The "rebels" of SF are the Chechyans.

To all:

>>>>>>> I've edited the story and added more to it. <<<<<<<<<<<

not much, just about 300 words or so. lol.
kingkong777
+-1|6665
very possible, nice
BVC
+325|6691
An interesting read, nice work mate!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard