Cobra4545
Jizz in my pants
+54|6484|Vancouver, USA
Ok guys, I just bought a mostly new G7 gaming mouse from ebay.  It came yesturday and needless to say I was pumped. However, the package did not come with the directions on how to install it.  I read in various forums that the software is not usually needed, but in my case, it seems like it is needed.  I plugged in everything to the usb ports, charged the batteries for a whole day, and the computer still does not detect the mouse. The mouse itself is working because when I move it, the sensitivity buttons light up, so it is my comp that is not detecting it.  Is there any way I can get the mouse to work without the cd installation, or am I screwed to oblivion?

One more note, when I plugged in the charger device, the logitech set point program came up (the one that customizes the mouse) but the computer is still not sensing it. I even unplugged my other standard wireless mouse to no avail.
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6004|The Mitten
try another usb port, restart with just that (and a keyboard) plugged in...

When that fails, try it on a nother computer.
EE (hats
jaymz9350
+54|6582
did you check to see if there is a connect button on the mouse and receiver?  If the computer sees the receiver and the mouse seems to work this would be my guess
Cobra4545
Jizz in my pants
+54|6484|Vancouver, USA

jaymz9350 wrote:

did you check to see if there is a connect button on the mouse and receiver?  If the computer sees the receiver and the mouse seems to work this would be my guess
Ya i checked for a button on the reciever and mouse, doesnt seem to have one that I could find.

I am actually seeing if I can install the software through the website the first person linked me to.

Edit, the dl link in that website is out of date, it sends me to a blank page, but thanks for trying to help

Last edited by Cobra4545 (2008-03-04 20:40:50)

Cobra4545
Jizz in my pants
+54|6484|Vancouver, USA
Ok thanks for that link ebug, I am dl the setpoint now. Hopefully this will work.

edit:  doesnt work, i will try reinstalling from the logitech website

Last edited by Cobra4545 (2008-03-04 21:04:22)

Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6004|The Mitten

Cobra4545 wrote:

Ok thanks for that link ebug, I am dl the setpoint now. Hopefully this will work.

did you try my suggestion?
EE (hats
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6225|Phoenix, AZ
Sometimes I turn on the PC and it doesnt work

Ive had mine for like a year .5

I just rip the stick itself out of the charger station, then plug it in... you do have the stick in, correct?

btw: I uninstalled setpoint, it fuxed my Teamspeak up with not allowing me to set the button

And if im right, setpoint is the software that comes with, to remap the buttons and whatnot... not the driver...

DRIVER _ - _ http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/KEYBOA … ouse.shtml
Dragonclaw
+186|6310|Florida
Did you put the battery in the mouse?
cablecopulate
+449|6743|Massachusetts.
Did you buy it used from ebay?
Cobra4545
Jizz in my pants
+54|6484|Vancouver, USA

Morpheus1229 wrote:

Cobra4545 wrote:

Yes I did and it didnt work

And yes, I do have the usb dongle thing or whatever its called, I do have the charger, and I did put batteries in it.   BTW, that link in softpedia is outdated, the external mirror for the driver does not work.
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6004|The Mitten

Cobra4545 wrote:

Morpheus1229 wrote:

Cobra4545 wrote:

Yes I did and it didnt work

And yes, I do have the usb dongle thing or whatever its called, I do have the charger, and I did put batteries in it.   BTW, that link in softpedia is outdated, the external mirror for the driver does not work.
well, if the mouse doesn't work on another computer, then it's probably DOA. Get a new mouse.
EE (hats
Cobra4545
Jizz in my pants
+54|6484|Vancouver, USA
Alright thanks for the help guys, karma to all of you.  I will probably just go get a good corded one.
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6004|The Mitten
Get a G5, then.
EE (hats

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard