Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|5602
i posted this here because i didn't want any biased opinions from posting it in the bf2 section.

i'm starting to think that there won't be. i've played so many different games, but nothing compares to the times that i've had on battlefield 2.

the video game industry made twice as much as the box office last year, and all they could do was put out cod4?

if bf3 doesn't kick total ass, i'm done with pc gaming. sure i'll always play bf2 as long as there are servers, but i'm sick of wasting $50 on some bs game that i play for 10 fucking hours.

how fucking hard is it to make a fucking bug free game that pleases the masses? it almost makes me want to go in to video game production or some shit because i'm pretty sure i could do a way better job than these incompetent assholes that make games nowadays.

thoughts?
SineNomine
Panzerblitz
+37|5802|SPARTA
ill second that. i had a lot of disappointment with games in the last years, all i did was keep playing bf2 and bf2142. everything else sucked. so, no i dont think there will be a game like bf2 soon. bfheroes will be funny, and ill play it but it cant be a replacement
Fallschirmjager10
Member
+36|5540
Hopefully BF3.
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|5428|Belfast
there will be a game that combines all what bf2 did with better graphics etc
but i dont see it comming in the comming timeframe
LiGaLiZe
k?
+82|5199|sweden
tr000 LOL
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|5614|Valhalla
BF3 has got a lot live up to when it is released

Last edited by loonitic (2008-03-04 13:34:12)

jason85
Banned
+58|5076|Mesa, AZ
BF3 will kick some serious ass, as long as they don't nerf the patches. It would also help if they made some better maps too. Karkand and Wake were really the only ones I ever bothered playing, so more popular maps would be great.
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|5559|Sheffield-England
I've been playing BF2 lately

I''m back into it <3

Its the best game i ever played
02fxnmaurer
Member
+75|5562|Birmingham UK
bf3 is going to be mint ...anyone know of any specs for it yet (sos for potentially side tracking the thread)

02
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,760|5232|what

Bf2 has never been bug free, but does (to a large extent) please the masses.

imo Cod4 > Bf2 but still was never going to be the powerhouse that Bf2 was in terms of gameplay. Cod4 needed to improve everything bf2 had, it did with custom kits and graphics, but the lack of vehicles and larger maps brings it down.

To go one better than Bf2 you really need something like that takes the best of cod4 and bf2, without the bugs.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png

"coz you a far cry from acclaim nigga ubisoft"
justice
OctoPoster
+978|5821|OctoLand
aye, nothing has come close since bf2, so we'll see if bf3 can cut it.
I know fucking karate
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|5602

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Bf2 has never been bug free, but does (to a large extent) please the masses.

imo Cod4 > Bf2 but still was never going to be the powerhouse that Bf2 was in terms of gameplay. Cod4 needed to improve everything bf2 had, it did with custom kits and graphics, but the lack of vehicles and larger maps brings it down.

To go one better than Bf2 you really need something like that takes the best of cod4 and bf2, without the bugs.
cod4 is just too sluggish; i feel like i weigh twice as much as my bf2 character does when im playing cod. and even though i'm mainly an infantry whore, it's just not the same without vehicles. bf2 has more depth than anything, and i doubt anything can live up to its legacy.
Hope_is_lost117
Psy squad
+49|5076|Belgium
Gta IV if it gets released with multiplayer this time
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|5602

Hope_is_lost117 wrote:

Gta IV if it gets released with multiplayer this time
those kinds of games are over for me once i beat them. you can only run over so many prostitutes before it gets really boring.
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
Member
+69|5788|th3 unkn0wn

ig wrote:

i posted this here because i didn't want any biased opinions from posting it in the bf2 section.

i'm starting to think that there won't be. i've played so many different games, but nothing compares to the times that i've had on battlefield 2.

the video game industry made twice as much as the box office last year, and all they could do was put out cod4?

if bf3 doesn't kick total ass, i'm done with pc gaming. sure i'll always play bf2 as long as there are servers, but i'm sick of wasting $50 on some bs game that i play for 10 fucking hours.

how fucking hard is it to make a fucking bug free game that pleases the masses? it almost makes me want to go in to video game production or some shit because i'm pretty sure i could do a way better job than these incompetent assholes that make games nowadays.

thoughts?
Yes

WoW: The Nxt Generation
1927(h)
Guest
Bf2 is the best game I've ever played.

I got my fingers crossed BF3 will be better, I keep them firmly crossed EA will get that game right before bringing out any expansions.  *The only one I bought was SF due to weapons)

I bought a wii last year mainly because of Super Mario Kart and while I appriciate that it's uncomparable to BF2, it was my fav game before bf2 (snes version).

I used to think Joint Op's was the bollocks before Bf2 came out.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|5468|New York
I'd rate BF2 high, but not the best game I've played. If I never played it, I wouldn't lose sleep over it.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Simon
basically
+838|5738|UK

ig wrote:

i posted this here because i didn't want any biased opinions from posting it in the bf2 section.

i'm starting to think that there won't be. i've played so many different games, but nothing compares to the times that i've had on battlefield 2.

the video game industry made twice as much as the box office last year, and all they could do was put out cod4?

if bf3 doesn't kick total ass, i'm done with pc gaming. sure i'll always play bf2 as long as there are servers, but i'm sick of wasting $50 on some bs game that i play for 10 fucking hours.

how fucking hard is it to make a fucking bug free game that pleases the masses? it almost makes me want to go in to video game production or some shit because i'm pretty sure i could do a way better job than these incompetent assholes that make games nowadays.

thoughts?
fuck yes. Best thread of the week.
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
Member
+69|5788|th3 unkn0wn

heggs wrote:

I'd rate BF2 high, but not the best game I've played. If I never played it, I wouldn't lose sleep over it.
Best game for u is...?
Nordemus
BC2 plat: CG, GL, M60, Mortar, Knife
+60|5077
I can only say a one simple sentence: Amen to that.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|5515

ig wrote:

bf2 has more depth than anything, and i doubt anything can live up to its legacy.
That's exactly what kept me on BF2. It was easy to pick up but difficult to master. How many different techniques do we see amongst the various vehicles and infantrymen? There's so much to get to grips with and when you start doing the more advanced stuff (such as soloing in a helicopter or stratoflying F-35Bs on Wake) it becomes a whole new ball game. When you've played a game for over two and a half years and it's still delivering fresh gameplay and aspects you haven't thought of before, then you know it's something special.

As for COD4, it's pretty much the opposite of BF2 in that BF2 makes no sacrifices for substance while COD4 is all about style. More than likely to attract the console crowd.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|5645|Area 51
Its not the best game, its the most addictive though Just hope BF3 will continue the versatility and leetness of BF2 but with better hit detection (CoD4 like) and less bugs.
Nakamp
Member
+25|5274|Czech Republic
Well, maybe ArmA 2, but I am more sure about BF3
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|5468|New York

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

heggs wrote:

I'd rate BF2 high, but not the best game I've played. If I never played it, I wouldn't lose sleep over it.
Best game for u is...?
Probably Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
I would also rate the following higher:
Super Mario Kart
Goldeneye 007
Gran Turismo 4
Star Craft
Final Fantasy 9
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|5407

I've surely spent the majority of my hours on BF2, although...
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard