SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6811|Perth, Western Australia
Now i know u r all going to crucify me or something, but think about it for a second. The community needs exploiters, because once an exploit starts it is like a snowball. More and more people do it, and eventually it gets fixed

Now I have said that i must say that this would only work if Dice released 'mini patches' each week, downloodable through the game itself, ala Online RPGs., which as it stands it does not. What do u guys think?
gvp000
Bah Humbug!
+3|6838|UK
errrm - if nobody did it, it wouldn't need fixing - so why do we need the exploiters again ?
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6866|Cologne, Germany

gvp000 wrote:

errrm - if nobody did it, it wouldn't need fixing - so why do we need the exploiters again ?
because, in theory, the more exploiters there are, the faster those exploits will be identified by Dice and fixed...

If I understand sharky correctly.

this is based on the suggestion that there will always be someone exploiting.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6867|Missoula, MT
My dad always says "locks are only for honest people".  I think this applies here as well. 
plasmaFLY
+1|6811

by gvp000

Dude. 'If' is a big word. Actually people do it. I mean , is the society composed of only SANE players? HELL NO. so many kids out there that spent their lunch time in between school courses tryin to hack their way throught the code usin warez crap. Im sorry , gvp000 you live in a fantasy world.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6873|San Francisco

plasmeFLY wrote:

Im sorry , gvp000 you live in a fantasy world.
I think this is even more naive than wanting all exploiters to stop,

SharkyMcshark wrote:

this would only work if Dice released 'mini patches' each week
Frankly, after the next few titles come out the exploiters will go there, after the fresh meat. Happens with every multiplayer game, as the community shrinks down to only the most hardcore of players almost all cheaters/exploiters leave as well. DICE on the other hand will NEVER release weekly mini-updates. Not even Valve releases weekly updates (though they are close...)
gvp000
Bah Humbug!
+3|6838|UK

plasmaFLY wrote:

by gvp000

Dude. 'If' is a big word. Actually people do it. I mean , is the society composed of only SANE players? HELL NO. so many kids out there that spent their lunch time in between school courses tryin to hack their way throught the code usin warez crap. Im sorry , gvp000 you live in a fantasy world.
Fantasy world or not ( by the way I live in a very real world ) we don't NEED exploiters, and anyone who thinks that they're doing me a service by using exploits so they can get fixed faster can go to hell.

Thanks for the lecture on script kiddies, I'll add it to the network security and vunerabilty report I've got to write tonight.

If I did live in a fantasy world, then stuff that tastes nice would be healthy for you, and a nice glass of water would sort a hangover right out.
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6865|Pittsburgh, PA, USA

tF-voodoochild wrote:

Frankly, after the next few titles come out the exploiters will go there, after the fresh meat. Happens with every multiplayer game, as the community shrinks down to only the most hardcore of players almost all cheaters/exploiters leave as well. DICE on the other hand will NEVER release weekly mini-updates. Not even Valve releases weekly updates (though they are close...)
This is true. I watched it happen with Joint Operations. That community was pretty good sized for a while and after 3 patches, nobody played anymore. I'm telling you guys, EA will destroy their own baby.
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6811|Perth, Western Australia
Dont get me wrong, im not saying that they are doing a service, but if Dice were to take a valve like approach, ie checking for new patches every time you strt the game, then it would decrease the incidents of exploiting. Also a better reporting system would be good

A system lik:

Game Name:

Battle Recorder File:

Name of Exploiter/s:

Type of Exploit

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard