SealXo
+309|6551
http://www.californiaprogressreport.com … duc_1.html

"Cutting $4 billion would mean:

• Laying off 57,000 teachers, or 20 percent of the state’s teaching workforce. Or,

• Eliminating four weeks of the school year. Or,

• Increasing class sizes by 23 percent, making them about one-quarter bigger."

California is the 5th biggest economy in the fucking world! And I'm getting this shit.

My district alone is cutting the WHOLE bus program, firing up to 35 proctors, firing over 50 teachers, and firing half the janitors.
Which means HUGE class sizes, up to 45 kids IN A CLASS, theres not even enough desks for this shit!

Fuck you arnold, you lying piece of shit. You told the good people of california you wern't going to engage in special interests, but here you fucking go! And now youre DESTROYING the already horrid educational system.

My school is a dirty overcrowded piece of shit build in 1970. In one of the nicest areas in California.

My really really nice teacher is 'retiring' next year.... I wonder why.

And what really blows my mind is what we could be doing instead of laying off all these needed people, like how my school spend 1.5 fuckin million dollars on a football field 2 years ago. Or how our football program costs 600,000 dollars a year for my school alone for insurance. Not counting other sports. I can't even walk through my halls without punching people to move.

I'm honestly disgusted. I tried to go to a independent study center that the district funds to better myself and they said I need to be 25 credits behind. So Catholic school here i come next year.

Lastly, I wonder to myself why this? When alcoholics and drug addicts and illegal immigrants get fucking welfare from my parents HARD EARNED tax money; and not a DIME is going to my schools.

Thanks for this liberals.

(Ps sort of off subject but this shows how Obama is a cunt for saying 'if we wern't in iraq we could fund education and schools, this money would never get to my schools, or anyones, as you can see. Because even before the war my school was in the shitter.)

Last edited by SealXo (2008-03-02 11:43:37)

RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6580|Area 51

SealXo wrote:

California is the 5th biggest economy in the fucking world! And I'm getting this shit.
How can a state be the 5th biggest economy in the world?
jord
+2,382|6693|The North, beyond the wall.

SealXo wrote:

• Eliminating four weeks of the school year
When I was a kid this would of made my fucking childhood.
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6731|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX

RDMC wrote:

SealXo wrote:

How can a state be the 5th biggest economy in the world?
California produces alot of shit, and you can measure how much they produce.  In this case the produce a whole lot more shit than other countries/states/everything else in the world.
SealXo
+309|6551

jord wrote:

SealXo wrote:

• Eliminating four weeks of the school year
When I was a kid this would of made my fucking childhood.
Yeah i wish for that but it will never happen
mikkel
+383|6616

SealXo wrote:

• Increasing class sizes by 23 percent, making them about one-quarter bigger.
Only quality education enables you to clarify the obscurity of percentages through fractions!
SealXo
+309|6551

mikkel wrote:

SealXo wrote:

Only quality education enables you to clarify the obscurity of percentages through fractions!
Who cares, fractions are obsolete in the digital world.
David.P
Banned
+649|6289
inb4ken.
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5996|Toronto
I fully agree with you man. Same shit's happening here.
I like pie.
psH
Banned
+217|6398|Sydney

SealXo wrote:

My school is a dirty overcrowded piece of shit build in 1970. In one of the nicest areas in California.
lol my primary school was built in 1885.

this really is a joke, 20%? man, id move state/country tbh.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6669

How pathetic. Thank god I'm already at university... but even still they're raising our fees and making us pay more. I can't wait to leave California. Too many illegal immigrants, this place is way over-crowded, the education system sucks... ugh, makes me wanna puke. I need to move to Montana or something.
David.P
Banned
+649|6289

mtb0minime wrote:

How pathetic. Thank god I'm already at university... but even still they're raising our fees and making us pay more. I can't wait to leave California. Too many illegal immigrants, this place is way over-crowded, the education system sucks... ugh, makes me wanna puke. I need to move to Montana or something.
Come to new york, We have none of that shit here. Other than the Usual Police shooting, And Wannabe gang warfare. It aint so bad. And dont forget the Hippies! Usually they dont bother you unless it's election season.

Last edited by David.P (2008-03-02 12:50:33)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6658

mtb0minime wrote:

did you vote in the primary?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6669

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

did you vote in the primary?
I did.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6658
theyve actually dropped the cost per unit for JC, since ive been going.  used to be 26, now its 21.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2008-03-02 13:05:18)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6669

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

theyve actually dropped the cost per unit for JC, since ive been going.  used to be 26, now its 21.
Well at least that's a good deal. I'm stuck in the UC, where with the budget cuts, those dumb "UC Regents" people want to keep their paychecks so they don't have to get rid of any of their 50 cars or possibly sell one of their 3 or 4 vacation mansions, so they burden the poor college students with the cut instead.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6700|Espoo, Finland
I bet they could get that 4 billion from the money they use for school sports.
SealXo
+309|6551

Gawwad wrote:

I bet they could get that 4 billion from the money they use for school sports.
exactly what i was saying
600 grand for insurance? COME THE FUCK ON. especailly when my school goes 1-8-1
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6420|North Carolina
School vouchers, anyone?
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6729|US

mikkel wrote:

SealXo wrote:

I too had to laugh at that one.  23% is about one-quarter?  I would never have figured that one out! /sarcasm

They tried a similar thing in my school district about 2 years ago.  The plan got shot down after a LOT of protest (especially by high school students).

Last edited by RAIMIUS (2008-03-02 14:38:36)

theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6414|6 feet under
dude, I know what its like. I'm down here in SoCAL, and I've got a lot of good teachers too (History teachers here are superb) (Best public school in the county of over 1 mil people). this sucks royally, unfortunately those of us still in school, we can't do much about it. as for changing states, CA has a lot of great schools, so its almost better to stay here and deal with it than to cut and run. and yes CA has the fifth largest economy in the world, its also the only state to have all four geographic regions (costal, Mountains, plains [places like Napa Valley are considered plains regions], and desert), I'm guessing that thats what contributes to the economy thing.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6544|Global Command

SealXo wrote:

http://www.californiaprogressreport.com/2008/02/california_educ_1.html

• Laying off 57,000 teachers, or 20 percent of the state’s teaching workforce. Or,

My district alone is cutting the WHOLE bus program, firing up to 35 proctors, firing over 50 teachers, and firing half the janitors.
Which means HUGE class sizes, up to 45 kids IN A CLASS, theres not even enough desks for this shit!

Fuck you arnold, you lying piece of shit. You told the good people of california you wern't going to engage in special interests, but here you fucking go! And now youre DESTROYING the already horrid educational system.

And what really blows my mind is what we could be doing instead of laying off all these needed people, like how my school spend 1.5 fuckin million dollars on a football field 2 years ago. Or how our football program costs 600,000 dollars a year for my school alone for insurance. Not counting other sports. I can't even walk through my halls without punching people to move.

I'm honestly disgusted. I tried to go to a independent study center that the district funds to better myself and they said I need to be 25 credits behind. So Catholic school here i come next year.

Lastly, I wonder to myself why this? When alcoholics and drug addicts and illegal immigrants get fucking welfare from my parents HARD EARNED tax money; and not a DIME is going to my schools.

(Ps sort of off subject but this shows how Obama is a cunt for saying 'if we wern't in iraq we could fund education and schools, this money would never get to my schools, or anyones, as you can see. Because even before the war my school was in the shitter.)
What is the percentage of illegal aliens, or kids of, at your school?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6658

ATG wrote:

SealXo wrote:

http://www.californiaprogressreport.com/2008/02/california_educ_1.html

What is the percentage of illegal aliens, or kids of, at your school?
how is he going to be able to know the answer to that?
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6544|Global Command
His eyes?

Most of the time, Mexican students in California high schools are the offspring of illegal aliens.

Sorry man. I know you don't like the statement, but I have experience in the school systems, I've seen it with my own eyes.
Reject_Wolf
Former Karkand Addict
+32|6598|Windsor, Ontario, Canada
And this is why Canada rocks. As bad as the education system sounds at times here, it actually kicks ass, people just expect others to learn for themselves. : /

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard