LimeGreen
+0|6686|United States
Ok folks, I've given this BF2 patch thing a lot of thought, probably more than I should, but people are so fired-up about the patch that there must be something to it.

First, I think we ALL need to become more proactive concerning BF2 COLLECTIVELY.  Hey, I consider myself an investor in EA and Dice... I have two BF2, and two BF2SF (my wife plays to) not to count FEAR.  So as you all know, that is a chunk of software $$$$$$.

Second, I think we as players need to come up with a list of changes that most people can agree upon, and then let EA/Dice know what we are thinking.  Why do it this way? because a coherent message from a large number of people has more power than one person whining here or there.  I think the BF2S Forum would be a great place to start a thread for what WE want as BF2 participants. Of course this would mean someone or group would have to compile the information from the forum into a concise logical document that could be presented to EA/Dice. Any volunteers?

Here are some things that I was thinking about:

The Red (but on your team) tag has to go.  It shows a lack of concern, and in my opinion laziness on the part of EA/Dice.  I've either killed my guy (which I hate), or waited too long and was killed myself.

Sound issues.  I haven't had trouble with sound, but I've read a number of people have.  Before we flame EA, lets try to get more info. on sound hardware type, driver download, etc.

Soldier movement under fire... there has to be a way to institute a command/key stroke that would afford the opportunity for all players to attempt to avoid getting killed while under direct fire.

Mine claymore... should still be friendly fire, but just as someone else mentioned it should not count as a team kill for the person who deployed the mine.  Out of all the reading I've done on the Net. about how to become a better BF2 player, there is very little information about mine deployment.  Maybe if people knew how to use the mine correctly, there would be fewer team kills; fewer team kills means less bitchin' to EA/Dice.

Wheeew, this was a long one.  But lets give it some serious round table time and see if we, as "investors" can't get most of what we want from EA/Dice
Beatdown Patrol
+1|6778

Mike<Eagle23> wrote:

The fact that there are 24 pages in the 1.2 Complaint thread and only 5 in the 1.2 praise thread says everything.
The length of this board is really no indication of the popularity of the patch.  Generally, people love to bitch and don't take the time to compliment.  Think about it.  People are FAR more inclined to take the time to flame bad service at a restaurant than to fill out the compliment card on how great the service is.  I am just as guilty of it.  In addition, controversy sells...so the "bitch board" is going to get far more attention.

Mike<Eagle23> wrote:

And APC should be able to shoot through fence. Or is it possible to stop a bullet with a piece of wire?
This kinda doesn't make any sense to me either.

Mike<Eagle23> wrote:

Btw, its the same with mines. Maybe they could have a kind of camouflage, but you should pe able to destroy them. They are way overpowered. Imagine Karkand and a lot of snipers and engineers. The USMC would not be able to get into the town.
I am an Engineer and I agree with this as well.  Mines should be destroyable but should probably take more punishment before being destroyed.

- Beatdown
binloading4ever
+0|6708|Netherlands
I dont like it at all. My joy of playing is totally gone. Completly unbalanced. I hope a lot of servers are keeping 1.12 in the air.
parasite_evil
+0|6683

DonWanKiddick wrote:

if this game had been released as it is now (someone else has mentioned this) would there be any complaints?....if this game didnt have the stats, medals, ribbons or ranking system would anyone be complaining?.....im an average joe player, i dont fly helis often cos i stink, im ok in a jet.....i leave that to those who have aquired the skill, or as said above invested the hours....good for you!....i invested hours in using air defence and my major complaint was and this is going back to around the 1.03 patch that the stingers are too slow for jets and even when locked on still go for friendly planes....i adapted by only firing when there was a considerable gap between the planes or choppers......ok lots of peeps are pissed at EA cos of the AA improvement...so why dont EA reset it to what it was and instead make it a requirement that all jets and helo's have to land back at base to re-arm and refuel on SF your NV goggles have a battery life so give all vehicles air and land a fuel limit...make it only possible to re-arm and fuel at supply crates or certain cap points for land vehicles and bases with airstrips for jets......god help us if they introduce shoulder mounted fire n forget stingers for the anti air guys or mobile artillery trucks like the real armies of the world have!!!!.....its a fine balance between realism and playability for games like this...telling EA/DICE to f.off isnt constructive neither is calling ground troops noobs or talentless garbage...having good stats is a personel thing not a god given right to slag other peeps off...yes they may have less points or more deaths but i bet they got some good K;D ratios in certain areas...be it medic, sniper, driver, engy, support whatever...if this game became too realistic then we would be running back to base with pistol wounds to the arm and wait weeks before returning to battle....no one would survive a shot through the shoulder with a .50cal cos they would have no arm left and they would prolly die from blood loss....helis would be able to take out vehicles from 5 miles away...like i said its a fine balance...whats needed now is more teamwork not more slagging off!
*PRAISE* PREACH ON BROTHER!

It's funny that the plane whores are all complaining when if it weren't for ground troops their win/loss ratio would be 0 because they won't be able to capture flags. And when has being a ground troop considered noob. I leave the heli's and planes to the people who can fly and do the ground work that's needed in a war. Everyone has a place and there is a place for everyone. All this "I'm loner safe in my flying metal womb" crap needs to stop and we need to all fight as an army of one. I do however find it ridicious that the heli's health have been reduced. I never had a problem with their health just the uselessnes of the AA missles. It should've been better AA missles or lowered health not both.
1SFG-Hawk
+0|6726

computermash wrote:

1SFG-Hawk wrote:

NOOB=NEW and THAT I AM NOT!!
Uh no asshole N00B does not equal new. NOOB is an idiot who punishes for every tk, plants mines in stupid locations, runs infront of vehicles ect.. and generally ruins the game 4 others. Get ur facts right ffs.
Pardon me for not referring to the Oxford Noobish Dictionary...I agree with all the points youve made as to the definition of Noob all you did was expand on the one word definition I gave.  Being how stupid it is that you made a point to point that out from a post 200 posts ago is funny.  I just had to say something cause youre are just too picky... Thx for calling me an asshole...Im pretty sure I didnt call you any names.  But whatever its a stupid point to argue anyway.
Dugger
+0|6727
I only have two problem with the Patch. One is the ability to turn off FF, and the other is that I can not find any servers. It seems that every server is red, and wont let me in! But I thank EA for the death of Bunny Hoppers and Dolphin Divers. It takes no talent what so ever to repeatably press the space bar. The game has improved on its "realism" by taking off that Bunny hopping anyway. I doubt any of us can jump 20 times in a row after being a shot with a Assualt Rifle. But anyway back on my main topic. How much longer will I have wait for servers to update or am I one of the ones who got a bad patch? Ohwell, this isnt the first time EA has gave me something unstabled (EX: MoH:EA)
Rotter
+0|6806|United States
Patch 1.2 stinks. The PKM is so insanley powerful everyone uses it, and you can't survive without it. The laying down and getting up takes forever, and the game just isn't as fun anymore! Change it back to 1.12, EA, I beg you!!!!
markH262
+0|6689
Right now I'd say I freakin' HATE IT because I can't even get into a freakin' game because it crashes everytime it gets to 94% loading!!!
wlater12
+0|6734
The thing that is really pissing me off with this patch is the fact that some of the basic errors that they said had been 'adressed' such as the red anme tage error is still there. Dam friggin annoying that and poor coding on DICE's part. And ever since the patch i get loadsa more 'server connection' problems and crashes which i NEVER had pre patch. This reminds me of another patch for a game a while back that was sooo buggy they recalled it. What game was that then? erm.....
SirRevan
+0|6683

AdamEcks wrote:

The worst thing I have seen about this patch so far is the amount of complaints from people who bunny hopped/plan whored/dolphin dove/etc for their entire time playing BF2. Now they are left with no skill and nothing left to do. There are more compalints from the people that do all these things already than there ever were from people complaing about these things.

In 2 weeks, after all these guys clear out, BF2 will be a MUCH better place.
why? why can't a player be in a plane thruout the entire round? why cant he be in a heli thruout the entire round?

my fav. class is spec ops and i dont get accused of "spec ops whoring".

truth is, piloting should be considered a "kit", there's even a goddam badge for it. It does take skill to pilot a damn plane or heli for that matter, even if thats ALL you can do. I bet a shit load of ppl who stay on-foot 24/7 cant pilot worth a rat's ass...

if u hate skilled pilot's THAT MUCH, get in a damn plane and prove you got skills and take the asshole out, but don't call a master pilot a plane whore and more importantly, dont make the goddam titanium jets just as fragile as paper airplanes!

im fine with boosting the AA but dont friggin handicap the perfectly fine heli's and aircraft. It wont take long before BF2 fills with tank whores, and the newcoming AA-whores! WOOT

booshit

continuing..
not being able to jump throw nades? thats gay, this is a FPS, and throwing nades have ALWAYS been a FPS-trademark thing. Even in RL, you could jump throw a granade so whats up with that?

same goes for C4. im sure u could throw it in RL (heck u could shoot it off a cannon and it'd still work just fine). now u gotta run up to crap like a little moron... if the spec op's #1 priority is to be STEALTHY... whats more stealthy than throwing C4 undetected? well, now u cant... dumb crap...

bunny-shit... good thing thats out. but i think they took it too far... instead they could have just increased the stamina cost for jumping like maaaaaad... it would have eliminated bunnyhopping and would still allow us action whores to do our diving thing regularly. (but EA's too stupid to come up with these kinds of solutions)

cant think of anything else rite now so... ill be back.. lol

(patch sucks, only got it cuz it made the ranks pretty... btw, when is someone ever gonna get general? i thought they alrdy had all the req's, whats keeping it from happening?)
calamity
+1|6683|Canada eh? where that weed at
i for one am not a big fan of this patch, pilots are now crippled because of the aa, i was flyin in a f35 today and watchin the guy behind me, i had completly lost him and watched this stray missle follow me at the tightest possible turn at full speed, went right through the flares and nock me out, it is impossible to loose them now, and as for the reduced hit points, yes a vetran pilot can have a hayday sometimes if he is playing against noobs, but a vetran ground pounder also knows, that u wait for them to flare,and then shoot ur missles,and more often then not they will go down, its nice that the bunny hoping and divers are no more, but ea needs to get their asses together and listen to the people who play the game as was stated earlier, not the noobs who have 50 or less hours and don't know what the fuck they are talking about, i am going back to 1.12 later on tonite and don't intend to install 1.20 again until ea and dice pull there fingers outa their asses and fix it properly.

Peace.

Last edited by calamity (2006-02-17 19:59:21)

Soldier
+0|6683
I love this patch actually. I find the whiners to be very amusing.
zonterry
+0|6684
It's the Noob again...

Ok enough is enough we have people with a damn petition.

Let’s try to compromise.

No jumping and shooting ------ instead more or faster sprinting you know 3 to 5 sec rush.
Shooting while on a ladder but not rope. Remember the 3 points of contact rule.

Red Tag got to go I did that today -------- I say again “SORRY!”

AND WHY CAN'T YOU DESTROY MINES!!!    WTF...

Heli’s  yeah man that is too weak 2 shots then dead. You should at least give the pilot time to retreat.   

How about this. Heli’s are a “B” and Jets are too and they should be, however The best thing is three shots then dead for attack choppers and add 2 air to air missiles for the pilot and  flares for choppers.

For transports 4 shots chaff and flares and no repairing in flight

That will give the attack choppers rockets stingers for the pilot and gun and missiles pilot 

Gas mask on ------ no running and no zooming

You should be able to recover from a stall in a jet. Try it fly straight up you will see what I’m talking about.  Add a G force affect for those 1942 bombers you know what I’m talking about. Better tracking missiles and more points for dog fighting…

5 points for jets in flight jet vs jet  3 for chopper in flight chopper vs chopper plus new stats and ace badge.

Snipers are good… with out armor 1 shot with armor 2. 3 points sniper vs sniper

Spec ops add grapping hook and crossbow. For both BF and BFSF.

I still love the patch. But like someone else said I do think the points should be changed se next post.

Last edited by zonterry (2006-02-17 20:59:13)

Chowley
+1|6726|Ireland
I have to say th e game feels far slower paced now. I thought it would but not so much. And the support guns are silly theyre like sniper rifles and i love support but meh.
zonterry
+0|6684
Medic
•    Revive (from critically wounded, not dead) = 2
•    Heal = 1 100% cycle system

Engineer
•    Repair Vehicle (land, air or water) = 1 100% cycle system (of about a tank’s worth)
•    Repair commander assets = 1 per asset.

Spec ops
•    Destroy commander assets = 1 per asset. Example : 2x artillery and 1x UAV trailer = 3 points

Support
•    Re-supply (player or vehicle single reloadable unit) = 1
•    Defend flag = 1 point. You also receive 2 points for the kill.
•    Neutralize flag = 2
•    Capture flag = 2
•    Neutralize assist = 1
•    Capture assist = 1
•    Driver kill assist
•    Driver special ability = 1 point. Note: You receive these points while driving or piloting and someone that is in the vehicle with you receive combat or team points.

Negative Points
•    Team vehicle damage = -1
•    Team damage = -2 ie: shooting a team member but not killing them.
•    Team kill = -4
•    Suicide = -2 points.

How about this:

Medic
•    Revive (from critically wounded, not dead) = 2
•    Heal = 1 if you throw the bag
•    Heal= 2 if you hold the bag

Engineer
•    Repair Vehicle (land, air or water) = 1 75% cycle system (of  tank’s worth)
•    Repair commander assets = 1 per asset.

Spec ops
•    Destroy commander assets =  1xartillery and 2x UAV trailer 1 radar = 4 points
•    Destroy point C4 vehicle plus kill

Support
•    Re-supply (player or vehicle single reloadable unit) = 1
•    Defend flag = 1 point. You also receive 2 points for the kill.
•    Neutralize flag = 2
•    Capture flag = 4
•    Neutralize assist = 1
•    Capture assist = 1
•    Driver kill assist
•    Driver special ability = 1 point. Note: You receive these points while driving or piloting and someone that is in the vehicle with you receive combat or team points.

Tank/APC
•    2 vs tank/apc plus 2 per kill 
•    3 vs chopper 2 per kill 
•    4 vs jet 2 per kill 

Helicopter
•    3 vs chopper plus 2 per kill 
•    5 vs jet in flight 2 per kill 

Jet
•    5 vs jet in flight plus 2 per kill 
•    2 vs chopper plus 2 per kill   

Negative Points
•    Team vehicle damage = -1
•    Team vehicle destroy = -4 so that’s -8
•    Team damage = -2 ie: shooting a team member but not killing them.
•    Team kill = -4
•    Suicide = -2 points.

Court Marshall
Like the buddy buddy system
Excess team kill (don’t kick’em slam’em)

Last edited by zonterry (2006-02-17 20:57:32)

fuzzyballs44
+3|6749|Coeur D' Alene, ID
I don't know about a lot of you, but I am noticing a trend in forums regarding BF2.  It seems that the only people that post are the people that have a problem with the game.  It is one of the most popular online games right now, you can get online and find thousands of people enjoying themselves living vicariously through this game, so everyone doesn't have a complaint about it.

If you look at how the world works:  The reason why we have fraud alerts on credit cards and fraud protection is because 5% of the population abuses other peoples privacy, the reason we have camera's in convienence stores is because 5% of the population wants to rob the store, the reason why we have warning stickers that tell us to not blow dry our hair in water is because 5%(hopefully not that high) of the population is to stupid to know that electricity and water don't mix.(for those of you that are going to blast my numbers, I know that they probably are the most accurate, but you are looking at the wrong side of my point).  This list of things go on and on.....the point to this is that the people that are blasting and yelling and kicking and screaming wrong doings on EA are going to ruin it for the rest of it.  As soon as EA feels they are losing money or that this endeavor isn't profitable, we won't see patches and improvements towards the game....as much as they say they do it for the love, they are a business and do it because they make money...flat out that is why they are here.  Unless some of the folks that actually appreciate Dice and EA for their efforts and the amazing talents that these folks have, we are going to lose them as allies in making the best game online even better.  Let's not let the 5% ruin the fun and the anticipation of bigger, better, newer, different, and exciting new BF2 developments.

If you look at the complaint pages compared to the love page, it is a disturbing difference.  I personally don't feel that this is an indication to the patches success, it just is an indication and verifies to a lot of us that it is easier to complain and feel powerful, than it is to compliment and feel proud of what you have said.  The reward of complaint is getting your way and showing the world you have the power to do that...the power of compliment is a thank you, there is no material reward for it just pride in knowing you did a good thing.

We all need to seriously think about how productive a post will be.  Don't bitch without bringing a thought out solution to the problem.  Don't complain or insult the other people because you feel that you are right and no one else is, bring a mature solution to how you feel so that EA can look into everything.  "This patch sucks hairy monkey balls"  is not productive.  "I personally don't like the fact that the helicopters only take two AA missiles to down, maybe if we made it so the AA turrets could not fire two missles in succession, it would allow a pilot to be more reactive."  This is productive, everyone might now agree, or like it but it will put something on the chalkboard for EA to think about.

I have pulled 10 random posts and looked into stats on people who posted their BF2 tag.  The trend is that the people yelling are the jets/helicopters/and people who used the grendade launcher a lot.  This is selfish to the 90% of ground pounders that hated getting a bomb run every thirty seconds while trying to work a CP.  Most of you are EXTREMELY TALENTED at what you do, but having a 8:1 kill to death ratio on average for the better pilots...more for some, proves that there needs to be a balance for the rest of the battle.  Prove that you are as good as you are to us ground pounders by adapting to the stronger defense.  In war, if you are getting slaughtered by an enemy, you don't take it, you got to the drawing board to learn new tactics....in a sense EA gave us better weapons to defend the ground from jets.  You now have to adapt and learn new tactics.  All the bitching in the world won't help this, only your talents and hard work did.  Praise EA on giving us the best game ever, don't manifest what would be perfect for you, just love what you love, don't like what you don't like, but let the rest of us enjoy the game.

As for the people that respect the game.  Let your voice be heard!  We need to support EA and Dice to keep improving their product.  They are doing it for free right now, let's not push our luck!  My brother bought a new computer...invested 2500 into a high speed gaming machine just for this game.  He doesn't care about the points, or the medals, or badges, or any other stats, he doesn't even look at them.  He loves the team.  He loves the squads that communicate and help each other.  He loves how it feels when he runs through a bullet ridden street to revive someone 3000 miles away to get the thank you from them, and knowing that he did something to help his army.  He loves covering while a teammate repairs artillery, or sniping someone from the top of a building before his teammate gets killed.  He loves rolling hard onto a CP in armor to clear a path for the rest of his squad. 

I'm not saying that the stats that everyone clings to are unimportant, I am just saying that in order to focus on the stats, focus on why you love the game not on what you hate about it or think is unfair about the game.  If you can't do this, then we don't want you on our servers anyway and we hope you leave before you ruin it for the 95% of us! 

Cameron

PS...let's see how many of you can dog on me now because you don't like what I say

PPS  If I had a personal BF2 site like planet battlefield, I would work hard on deleting all non productive posts to help protect the integrity of the game.  I honestly value the opinions of others, however, if the opinion does not create a solution and is just childish or illogical verbal abuse it does nothing to help the rest of us.

Last edited by fuzzyballs44 (2006-02-17 23:08:45)

SirRevan
+0|6683

']['error wrote:

man i hate the new patch, it sucks hairy monkeyballs!
my aviator stats:  115:00:22 h --      9,942 kills --   5.66 ratio     

now it feels like al that practise and hard work has been for nothing.
as an aviator, even i agreed that AA should be improved... but this is insane!
all missiles are just zig-zagin in agles of 90 degrees..
im switching back to 1.12, many servers are switching also.
Fuck You EA, maybe u should let ur patches testet first... but no they just want to make money, they dont care what the players of the game think of it....
i havent tested this yet but if its true then ea sucks balls...

90 degrees? thats physically impossible...

these guys rlly need some beta testers...
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6714|Canberra, AUS

fuzzyballs44 wrote:

I don't know about a lot of you, but I am noticing a trend in forums regarding BF2.  It seems that the only people that post are the people that have a problem with the game.  It is one of the most popular online games right now, you can get online and find thousands of people enjoying themselves living vicariously through this game.

If you look at how the world works:  The reason why we have fraud alerts on credit cards and fraud protection is because 5% of the population abuses other peoples privacy, the reason we have camera's in convienence stores is because 5% of the population wants to rob the store, the reason why we have warning stickers that tell us to not blow dry our hair in water is because 5%(hopefully not that high) of the population is to stupid to know that electricity and water don't mix.(for those of you that are going to blast my numbers, I know that they probably are the most accurate, but you are looking at the wrong side of my point).  This list of things go on and on.....the point to this is that the people that are blasting and yelling and kicking and screaming wrong doings on EA are going to ruin it for the rest of it.  As soon as EA feels they are losing money or that this endeavor isn't profitable, we won't see patches and improvements towards the game....as much as they say they do it for the love, they are a business and do it because they make money...flat out that is why they are here.  Unless some of the folks that actually appreciate Dice and EA for their efforts and the amazing talents that these folks have, we are going to lose them as allies in making the best game online even better. 

If you look at the complaint pages compared to the love page, it is disturbing the difference.  I personally don't feel that this is an indication to the patches success, it just is an indication and proof that it is easier to complain and feel powerful, than it is to compliment and feel proud of what you have said.  The reward of complaint is getting your way and showing the world you have the power to do that...the power of compliment is a thank you, there is no material reward for it.

We all need to seriously think about how productive a post will be.  Don't bitch, bring a thought out solution to the problem.  Don't complain or insult the other people because you feel that you are right and no one else is, bring a mature solution to how you feel so that EA can look into everything. 

I have pulled 10 random posts and looked into stats when I can find the persons names.  The trend is that the people yelling are the jets/helicopters/and people who used the grendade launcher a lot.  This is selfish, as you all are EXTREMELY TALENTED at what you do, but having a 8:1 kill to death ratio proves that there needs to be a balance.  Prove that you are as good as you are to us ground pounders by adapting to the stronger defense.  In war, if you are getting slaughtered by an enemy, you don't take it, you got to the drawing board to learn new tactics....in a sense EA gave us better weapons to defend the ground from jets.  You now have to adapt and learn new tactics.  All the bitching in the world won't help this, only your talents and hard work did.  Praise EA on giving us the best game ever, don't manifest what would be perfect for you, just love what you love, don't like what you don't like, but let the rest of us enjoy the game.

As for the people that respect the game.  Let your voice be heard!  We need to support EA and Dice to keep improving their product.  They are doing it for free right now, let's not push our luck!

Cameron

PS...let's see how many of you can dog on me now because you don't like what I say
Amen.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
MC Boogs
+0|6685
Balance issues aside, the "patch" has made BF2 on my comp ridiculously unstable - which is a much bigger problem and isn't subject to debate - it just doesn't run as well.  In fact, right now after it's most recent crach it won't even start, and I am going to reinstall the f$#&er.  I'm running ASUS A8N Sli-Premium, 2gig RAM, FX57, 7800GTX, 580GB total hard drive space... So it isn't on my end.  I also didn't have major issues before 1.2 came out, I would have the occasionaly drop to desktop, but I expect that from most games these days because of their complexity.

Under the 1.2 patch, before BF2 bugged out completely - I had sound issues [didn't here a lot of gunfire], the red teammate thing was a lot worse, my controls would lock up/behave strangely, lag spikes, FPS hitches of all things [with a 7800GTX], and when I closed it down, I still had RAM occupied and way too many CPU cycles running.  It is simply inexcusable to release a "patch" that makes the game less stable, regardless of how one feels about the content.

Dice/EA need to get their $h!t straight.  From the get go, BF2 has been a resource hogging, poorly operating game, but it was fun to play.  Now it doesn't even function properly.  I don't like the game balance changes in particular, but I'll still play if it works right.  But having to reset my computer after every gaming session, and having to reinstall the HUGE game is a huge pain in my a$$.

Bottom line is that because of "patching", game companies push things out the doors without thorough enough backtesting and debugging because they feel they can fix it as they go.  EA/Dice aren' the only ones guilty of this.  It is an industry trend that burdens the consumer, who is already paying more and more for hardware, software, online services, etc.  But as long as we keep playing these half finished products, the game companies will keep releasing 'em.  A damn unfortunate Catch-22 if you ask me.
fuzzyballs44
So what's up with all of these problems with the game being choppy and stuff.....I have played hours on the new patch and have experienced nothing.  When my company develops new software for the floor we always have a bunch of manifested problems from our agents on the phones because it was an excuse and they wanted to be the first to "find and fix" a problem.  I don't think EA and Dice did half the things that the people are thinking they have.  My computer behaves the same and the game feels the same to me.  I seriously don't doubt that I am wrong with some of the problems mentioned, especially the guy above my post, he does have problems I'm sure.  However, the complaint factor shouldn't be calling EA a piece of sh!t.  It is not feasibly possible to test the product to the point of no failure.  It would take months to log as many hours as one week of online gameplay.  The ea individuals will fix what they need to, but we need to do some of our part to help find the bugs so that they can actually give us the patches and updates for free.  Especially if the product is able to run successfully for a larger majority of people that it is not, then it is a positive financial risk.  I know a lot of you scream about the bugs, but the fact of the matter is, if they took the time to pay people to test more and made the patch ERROR free, that amount of man hours would make it to where we had to pay for the patches, and people would scream much more about that.  I can guarentee you EA is paying attention to what they see they are working on another patch to improve again.  However, I can assure you that they don't look at the EA is a worthless piece of sh!t posts as much as they look at honest and solution based concerns.

Dice and EA I'm sure have a contract that is time based.  EA will tell Dice we want this patch by this date.  Usually the company will set the patch or program release a week or two before the contractual release of the patch so that if something comes up they can fix it.  There are budgets to be met as well testing guidelines.  They will have a "hit' list...high priority fixes *player doesn't get back up from being prone with the new coding* needs to be fixed quickly while *friendly players are showing red* are low priority because the game is still 99% effective and playable.  If we as consumers would be willing to negotiate, pay out of our own pockets, do free testing and documentation of bugs, pay for our own airfare and expenses to go and do live tests and runs at Dice, then I'm sure they would be more willing to push the patch back and do more testing.  However, since that will never happen....it leaves us with s few bugs, the game is 99% playable and effective, and that gives Dice some time to work on the lower priority risks.  This in mind, Dice and EA are not worthless they are in fact our only allies in fixing the game for the majority of us gamers that want to play on servers without downloading a bunch of foreign mods.

-Cameron
M60
+1|6683
Somthing has changed for worst
General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6740|England, UK

fuzzyballs44 wrote:

So what's up with all of these problems with the game being choppy and stuff.....I have played hours on the new patch and have experienced nothing.  When my company develops new software for the floor we always have a bunch of manifested problems from our agents on the phones because it was an excuse and they wanted to be the first to "find and fix" a problem.  I don't think EA and Dice did half the things that the people are thinking they have.  My computer behaves the same and the game feels the same to me.  I seriously don't doubt that I am wrong with some of the problems mentioned, especially the guy above my post, he does have problems I'm sure.  However, the complaint factor shouldn't be calling EA a piece of sh!t.  It is not feasibly possible to test the product to the point of no failure.  It would take months to log as many hours as one week of online gameplay.  The ea individuals will fix what they need to, but we need to do some of our part to help find the bugs so that they can actually give us the patches and updates for free.  Especially if the product is able to run successfully for a larger majority of people that it is not, then it is a positive financial risk.  I know a lot of you scream about the bugs, but the fact of the matter is, if they took the time to pay people to test more and made the patch ERROR free, that amount of man hours would make it to where we had to pay for the patches, and people would scream much more about that.  I can guarentee you EA is paying attention to what they see they are working on another patch to improve again.  However, I can assure you that they don't look at the EA is a worthless piece of sh!t posts as much as they look at honest and solution based concerns.

Dice and EA I'm sure have a contract that is time based.  EA will tell Dice we want this patch by this date.  Usually the company will set the patch or program release a week or two before the contractual release of the patch so that if something comes up they can fix it.  There are budgets to be met as well testing guidelines.  They will have a "hit' list...high priority fixes *player doesn't get back up from being prone with the new coding* needs to be fixed quickly while *friendly players are showing red* are low priority because the game is still 99% effective and playable.  If we as consumers would be willing to negotiate, pay out of our own pockets, do free testing and documentation of bugs, pay for our own airfare and expenses to go and do live tests and runs at Dice, then I'm sure they would be more willing to push the patch back and do more testing.  However, since that will never happen....it leaves us with s few bugs, the game is 99% playable and effective, and that gives Dice some time to work on the lower priority risks.  This in mind, Dice and EA are not worthless they are in fact our only allies in fixing the game for the majority of us gamers that want to play on servers without downloading a bunch of foreign mods.

-Cameron
If you have played all aspects of the game and have a good understanding of the game then you will have a problem with the new patch. Alot of issues were addressed but its all been a bit overkill. A new patch better be up and coming. And why is it the view of some people that pilots never fight on the ground. LOL
fuzzyballs44
I have flow helicopters...not as much as most, but 18 hours or so, I have ran armor, transport and planes.  I am mostly a ground pounder because I like the teamwork that it involves.  I just find that the fun part of the game out weighs the bad.  What I found with the ten people that complained the most had far more hours in the air than they did on the ground.  I'm not saying pilots don't take for the ground, I'm just saying it's nice to feel there is more of a balance.  I personally love the new patch, it involves more thinking and it's fun to relearn how to have effective skills and tactics in any aspect of the game.  You are absolutely incorrect in saying and ASSUMING that I have not had enough play time in any of the vehicles or aspects of the game, and then you proceed in telling me how I SHOULD FEEL?????  I feel a little insulted.

-Cameron
TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6865|Netherlands

fuzzyballs44 wrote:

I don't know about a lot of you, but I am noticing a trend in forums regarding BF2.  It seems that the only people that post are the people that have a problem with the game.  It is one of the most popular online games right now, you can get online and find thousands of people enjoying themselves living vicariously through this game, so everyone doesn't have a complaint about it.

If you look at how the world works:  The reason why we have fraud alerts on credit cards and fraud protection is because 5% of the population abuses other peoples privacy, the reason we have camera's in convienence stores is because 5% of the population wants to rob the store, the reason why we have warning stickers that tell us to not blow dry our hair in water is because 5%(hopefully not that high) of the population is to stupid to know that electricity and water don't mix.(for those of you that are going to blast my numbers, I know that they probably are the most accurate, but you are looking at the wrong side of my point).  This list of things go on and on.....the point to this is that the people that are blasting and yelling and kicking and screaming wrong doings on EA are going to ruin it for the rest of it.  As soon as EA feels they are losing money or that this endeavor isn't profitable, we won't see patches and improvements towards the game....as much as they say they do it for the love, they are a business and do it because they make money...flat out that is why they are here.  Unless some of the folks that actually appreciate Dice and EA for their efforts and the amazing talents that these folks have, we are going to lose them as allies in making the best game online even better.  Let's not let the 5% ruin the fun and the anticipation of bigger, better, newer, different, and exciting new BF2 developments.

If you look at the complaint pages compared to the love page, it is a disturbing difference.  I personally don't feel that this is an indication to the patches success, it just is an indication and verifies to a lot of us that it is easier to complain and feel powerful, than it is to compliment and feel proud of what you have said.  The reward of complaint is getting your way and showing the world you have the power to do that...the power of compliment is a thank you, there is no material reward for it just pride in knowing you did a good thing.

We all need to seriously think about how productive a post will be.  Don't bitch without bringing a thought out solution to the problem.  Don't complain or insult the other people because you feel that you are right and no one else is, bring a mature solution to how you feel so that EA can look into everything.  "This patch sucks hairy monkey balls"  is not productive.  "I personally don't like the fact that the helicopters only take two AA missiles to down, maybe if we made it so the AA turrets could not fire two missles in succession, it would allow a pilot to be more reactive."  This is productive, everyone might now agree, or like it but it will put something on the chalkboard for EA to think about.

I have pulled 10 random posts and looked into stats on people who posted their BF2 tag.  The trend is that the people yelling are the jets/helicopters/and people who used the grendade launcher a lot.  This is selfish to the 90% of ground pounders that hated getting a bomb run every thirty seconds while trying to work a CP.  Most of you are EXTREMELY TALENTED at what you do, but having a 8:1 kill to death ratio on average for the better pilots...more for some, proves that there needs to be a balance for the rest of the battle.  Prove that you are as good as you are to us ground pounders by adapting to the stronger defense.  In war, if you are getting slaughtered by an enemy, you don't take it, you got to the drawing board to learn new tactics....in a sense EA gave us better weapons to defend the ground from jets.  You now have to adapt and learn new tactics.  All the bitching in the world won't help this, only your talents and hard work did.  Praise EA on giving us the best game ever, don't manifest what would be perfect for you, just love what you love, don't like what you don't like, but let the rest of us enjoy the game.

As for the people that respect the game.  Let your voice be heard!  We need to support EA and Dice to keep improving their product.  They are doing it for free right now, let's not push our luck!  My brother bought a new computer...invested 2500 into a high speed gaming machine just for this game.  He doesn't care about the points, or the medals, or badges, or any other stats, he doesn't even look at them.  He loves the team.  He loves the squads that communicate and help each other.  He loves how it feels when he runs through a bullet ridden street to revive someone 3000 miles away to get the thank you from them, and knowing that he did something to help his army.  He loves covering while a teammate repairs artillery, or sniping someone from the top of a building before his teammate gets killed.  He loves rolling hard onto a CP in armor to clear a path for the rest of his squad. 

I'm not saying that the stats that everyone clings to are unimportant, I am just saying that in order to focus on the stats, focus on why you love the game not on what you hate about it or think is unfair about the game.  If you can't do this, then we don't want you on our servers anyway and we hope you leave before you ruin it for the 95% of us! 

Cameron

PPS  If I had a personal BF2 site like planet battlefield, I would work hard on deleting all non productive posts to help protect the integrity of the game.  I honestly value the opinions of others, however, if the opinion does not create a solution and is just childish or illogical verbal abuse it does nothing to help the rest of us.
such fancy talk makes ur nose grow.  but its very true.
General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6740|England, UK

SirRevan wrote:

AdamEcks wrote:

The worst thing I have seen about this patch so far is the amount of complaints from people who bunny hopped/plan whored/dolphin dove/etc for their entire time playing BF2. Now they are left with no skill and nothing left to do. There are more compalints from the people that do all these things already than there ever were from people complaing about these things.

In 2 weeks, after all these guys clear out, BF2 will be a MUCH better place.
why? why can't a player be in a plane thruout the entire round? why cant he be in a heli thruout the entire round?

my fav. class is spec ops and i dont get accused of "spec ops whoring".

truth is, piloting should be considered a "kit", there's even a goddam badge for it. It does take skill to pilot a damn plane or heli for that matter, even if thats ALL you can do. I bet a shit load of ppl who stay on-foot 24/7 cant pilot worth a rat's ass...

if u hate skilled pilot's THAT MUCH, get in a damn plane and prove you got skills and take the asshole out, but don't call a master pilot a plane whore and more importantly, dont make the goddam titanium jets just as fragile as paper airplanes!

im fine with boosting the AA but dont friggin handicap the perfectly fine heli's and aircraft. It wont take long before BF2 fills with tank whores, and the newcoming AA-whores! WOOT

booshit

continuing..
not being able to jump throw nades? thats gay, this is a FPS, and throwing nades have ALWAYS been a FPS-trademark thing. Even in RL, you could jump throw a granade so whats up with that?

same goes for C4. im sure u could throw it in RL (heck u could shoot it off a cannon and it'd still work just fine). now u gotta run up to crap like a little moron... if the spec op's #1 priority is to be STEALTHY... whats more stealthy than throwing C4 undetected? well, now u cant... dumb crap...

bunny-shit... good thing thats out. but i think they took it too far... instead they could have just increased the stamina cost for jumping like maaaaaad... it would have eliminated bunnyhopping and would still allow us action whores to do our diving thing regularly. (but EA's too stupid to come up with these kinds of solutions)

cant think of anything else rite now so... ill be back.. lol

(patch sucks, only got it cuz it made the ranks pretty... btw, when is someone ever gonna get general? i thought they alrdy had all the req's, whats keeping it from happening?)
Well said mate. I feel that anybody with a full understanding of whole game will have a problem with patch 1.2. Anybody who hates the jets/heli's go play CS or Quake 4. BF2 is a modern war simulator.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard