Croak
+11|6825|San Marcos, CA
Actually, no, the .50 used in the M95 is NOT a discarding sabot round, it's a standard "match-grade" .50BMG round.

There are a few models of other .50 anti-material rifiles, notably the Steyr IWS 2000 that use sabot rounds, but they're still pretty much experimental.
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6858|A Small Isle in the Tropics

priznat wrote:

Remember that the sniper rifles definitely have bullet "drop" over distances.. gotta aim up a little bit, takes some practice but you'll be headshotting like a pro in no time.

Personally I prefer the M24 to the M95 even.. not quite as loud and distinctive for one, and you can get one shot kills almost as easily..
this i cant figure out.. When i allow for the bullet drop, i miss. For instance when I do a headshot over quite a distance (say from the opposite of the valley to the first MEC flag out of USMC base on Kubra) with bullet drop compensation, i cant hit jackshit with it. But if i go for a direct headshot, i almost always get the target.
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6848|Australia
you just suck as a sniper...

see ya in game this weekend....
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo

kontrolcrimson wrote:

you just suck as a sniper...

see ya in game this weekend....
ooooooh.. those two headshot bullets from my M95 still lodged inside you eh.. just kidding.. missed out on my sniper badge again on internode last nite..just 2 more..and the round ended

yep, i know i suck..
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6848|Australia
play at 4 am worked for my expert knife
GoodfellaSnoop
+1|6807|DeLand, FL

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

when all the weapons were unlocked, I used the M95...
All your weapons are unlocked?
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6834
When you could edit your eagames/python/weaponunlocks.txt or something so all weapons were unlocked in SP.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6861|Missoula, MT
I think he was talking about that day when EA's servers had everyone's weapons unlocked.  It lasted for an entire day back a couple of months ago.  July 26th if memory serves.  They promptly fixed that mistake!
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo

CMDR_Dave wrote:

I think he was talking about that day when EA's servers had everyone's weapons unlocked.  It lasted for an entire day back a couple of months ago.  July 26th if memory serves.  They promptly fixed that mistake!
i recall it was a Sunday, so it has to be July 24th.. i remember it as the day EA got their just desserts for that..serve them right

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard