Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6628|London, England

HurricaИe wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

where is all the outrage against google maps?
i recall this one thing where someone was bitching about GMaps cause they thought Jihad Joe would find US bases with it

nevermind that someone searching for US bases through GMaps would likely get flagged for investigation by the CIA faster than you can say "alalalallala"
I dunno, it could just be a former marine showing his bf2s forum where he got drunk that one fateful friday night
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6651
shit, Im able to see blackhawks parked at an airfield.
topal63
. . .
+533|6726

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Yeah, but seriously, you know those arial photos are old. Sometimes very old. I have developments that I completed and the subdivision does not appear on google, even though it was completed years ago.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6651
I saw stuff on googlemaps that showed American aircraft in former Iraqi military bases.  Its recent enough to be really helpful for anyone plotting grids for fire missions.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

topal63 wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Yeah, but seriously, you know those arial photos are old. Sometimes very old. I have developments that I completed and the subdivision does not appear on google, even though it was completed years ago.
Apparently I'm typing this reply from a farm right now .
https://i29.tinypic.com/rj1st4.gif
I use Flash Earth for a variety.
http://www.flashearth.com/
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6413|North Carolina
Well, I'm glad Harry's being withdrawn.  His intentions for serving his country seem noble, but as others have said, his presence only increases the danger for his fellow soldiers.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6651
airfields and living quarters usually dont change around on military installations.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6651

Turquoise wrote:

Well, I'm glad Harry's being withdrawn.  His intentions for serving his country seem noble, but as others have said, his presence only increases the danger for his fellow soldiers.
I think thats a cop out.  If the enemy is spending and exerting more resources and personnel for some big propaganda victory, then hes pulling it from somewhere else leaving him vulnerable there.

dont listen to the media.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6589|SE London

usmarine wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

Typical of Drudge, thinking of their propagandizing selves...
muppet

Associated Press
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080228/ap_ … ince_harry
What?

It was Drudge that broke the press blackout, which the AP were a party to (there was some little Australian site that did so first about a month back, but no one paid any attention to that, so it was ok).

Blame lies with the Drudge Report. There is no getting around that one.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6651

Bertster7 wrote:

usmarine wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

Typical of Drudge, thinking of their propagandizing selves...
muppet

Associated Press
What?

It was Drudge that broke the press blackout, which the AP were a party to (there was some little Australian site that did so first about a month back, but no one paid any attention to that, so it was ok).

forgetting about that German Newspaper too?
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6487|Somewhere else

daddyofdeath wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

Why can't they keep their mouth shut?

This could spark kidnap attempts etc off = /
Media's response to that would be freedom of information and shit. It's bollocks, they are just out to sell their rag.
scumbags
Turquoise
O Canada

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

I think thats a cop out.  If the enemy is spending and exerting more resources and personnel for some big propaganda victory, then hes pulling it from somewhere else leaving him vulnerable there.

Well, I guess my question is this...   Now, that it's out in the open that he's on the frontlines for the moment, would you just leave him there as a target?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6651

Turquoise wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Well, I guess my question is this...   Now, that it's out in the open that he's on the frontlines for the moment, would you just leave him there as a target?
yes.  no different a target than people underneath him or above him.

If I was in his unit, I would welcome it.  Means we would have more of a chance of taking out the big doggs if they are adamant in taking him out.  We would make more of a difference in the long run

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2008-02-29 14:16:44)

Turquoise
O Canada

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Ok, but I know if I was a soldier, I'd be kind of pissed off to be in the same group as him.  I'd know that my chances of death are higher just because he's there.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6651

Turquoise wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Ok, but I know if I was a soldier, I'd be kind of pissed off to be in the same group as him.  I'd know that my chances of death are higher just because he's there.
well, if you were a soldier that thought that way, you would need to change your career paths.

I was in Iraq with Patton's great grand nephew.
Turquoise
O Canada

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

well, if you were a soldier that thought that way, you would need to change your career paths.

Point taken...  I think my self-preservation instinct is way too strong to be a good soldier anyway.  I mean, I can see where you're coming from, but I just don't have that kind of combination of courage/self-sacrifice.

That's cool that you met one of Patton's relatives though.  Was he a cool guy?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6651

Turquoise wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Point taken...  I think my self-preservation instinct is way too strong to be a good soldier anyway.  I mean, I can see where you're coming from, but I just don't have that kind of combination of courage/self-sacrifice.

That's cool that you met one of Patton's relatives though.  Was he a cool guy?
actually, he was an asshole.  Didnt like him at all.  The bastard got in the army 2 years after I did and hes one rank higher than I am.
Turquoise
O Canada

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

actually, he was an asshole.  Didnt like him at all.  The bastard got in the army 2 years after I did and hes one rank higher than I am.
Ah, spoiled, I suppose?
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6589|SE London

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

usmarine wrote:

muppet

Associated Press
What?

forgetting about that German Newspaper too?
The piece in the Berliner Kurier?

No one paid any attention to that either, except the guys at the Drudge Report - who are responsible for the leak being widespread.

Almost all the blame lies with them, the other leakers are responsible too, but without a sufficient audience, they wouldn't have been an issue.
Turquoise
O Canada

Bertster7 wrote:

The piece in the Berliner Kurier?

No one paid any attention to that either, except the guys at the Drudge Report - who are responsible for the leak being widespread.

Almost all the blame lies with them, the other leakers are responsible too, but without a sufficient audience, they wouldn't have been an issue.
This is probably the only time I've defended the Drudge Report, but it sounds like you're blaming Drudge for having a large audience.  I would doubt that he even knew about Harry until he read the other sources.
apollo_fi
The Flying Kalakukko.
+94|6538|The lunar module

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Your situation would be different to bonnie prince Harry's squadmates at least in this respect:

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&t … ephew+iraq
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6651

Turquoise wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Ah, spoiled, I suppose?
dumb fuck.  cannon cocker.  he went to a rival highschool.  we grew up in the same town.  Ive got too big of a mouth.  Ive been busted down in rank more times than Id like to say.   The way I post here is really the way I act in person.  Why I made the decision not to go career 3 days after I started basic training.  Ive just got too big of a mouth.  I call it like I see it.  I should be an E-6 right now, but Im not.  This dude, on the other hand, had everything handed to him, wasnt good at his job and pretty much kissed ass and waved the "Im related to Patton" flag.

thing is, and he denied it, I think it a relation through adoption.

Patton was born in my hometown.
Turquoise
O Canada

apollo_fi wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Your situation would be different to bonnie prince Harry's squadmates at least in this respect:

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&t … ephew+iraq
....good point...
Turquoise
O Canada

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Ah, spoiled, I suppose?
dumb fuck.  cannon cocker.  he went to a rival highschool.  we grew up in the same town.  Ive got too big of a mouth.  Ive been busted down in rank more times than Id like to say.   The way I post here is really the way I act in person.  Why I made the decision not to go career 3 days after I started basic training.  Ive just got too big of a mouth.  I call it like I see it.  I should be an E-6 right now, but Im not.  This dude, on the other hand, had everything handed to him, wasnt good at his job and pretty much kissed ass and waved the "Im related to Patton" flag.

thing is, and he denied it, I think it a relation through adoption.

Patton was born in my hometown.
If he's not an adoption, he's certainly fallen far from the tree.

Granted, Patton certainly had an asshole side to him as well.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

I think it was actually leaked two months ago in an Australian womens magazine..lol.
http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/b/new-ide … fghanistan

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/feb/2 … =worldnews
The Drudge Report initially said it had taken the information from a story last month in an Australian women's magazine, New Idea, although it later claimed a "world exclusive".
How badly have they wanted to write about this? Count the number of articles on the Telegraph website that appeared in just a few hours after it broke.
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard