Linus
+53|6676
Is this not the silliest thing in this game or what?

I cant think of anything else so OBVIOUSLY out of whack in this game as that..

and yet, we got a bunch of cry babies who cry and whine for months about 'bunny hopping'
(Its called jumping you lamers..and YES its realistic.. YES REAL soldiers do it every day in
battle...YES its perfectly legit..)  I have had no trouble killing people who were jumping
around..

I didnt jump around all the time, myself, I foud it easier to move laterally left or right, or
prone and fire, the jumping actually makes it harder to shoot, imo.. and after this patch
I find that it hasnt affected my style at all.. So NO, I WASNT A RABID BUNNY HOPPER..

But, YES, I think you little kiddies who cant hit moving targets apparently, so you gotta
cry and moan to EA about it for months are the funniest yet most pathetic group of
smacktards ever to play Online Games..   

Can you imagine telling your Unreal Tournament buddies, or your Half Life buddies, or
Call of Duty buddies that over in the Battlefield 2 community there are a bunch of whiners
crying about people JUMPING ??? hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.... omfg..

But we got choppers that can take control points from the air, and are capable of taking
Tank Shell hits, and simply smoking a little and flying off to repair.. Dont hear much
about those do ya?? 

For those of you who cant hit moving targets, play checkers or Yahoo Pool or something..

And the BoneHead Award for 2006 goes to EA/DICE to caving in to some cry babies and
changing the player movement in a major game title AFTER ITS BEEN OUT FOR 6 MONTHS !

I bet all you 'bunny' cry babies daddies laps are sore 24/7 ..
Raevin
+0|6673

Linus wrote:

and YES its realistic.. YES REAL soldiers do it every day in
battle...YES its perfectly legit..)  I have had no trouble killing people who were jumping
around..
Oddly, I don't remember during my entire 21 weeks of Basic and AIT one single class on jumping to avoid being shot.
Linus
+53|6676

Raevin wrote:

Linus wrote:

around..
Oddly, I don't remember during my entire 21 weeks of Basic and AIT one single class on jumping to avoid being shot.
Gulf War Veteran here, pal..

Ive jumped and fired my weapon more times than youve played pocket pool... and thats a lot.. 

My Basic training was 20 years ago.. I dont recall if it was covered, but I can tell you without
question it happens EVERY day in Iraq right now..
-(PK)-DarkIllusion
+1|6863

Raevin wrote:

Linus wrote:

around..
its called instinct, as the guy above me states..
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6702

Raevin wrote:

Linus wrote:

around..
LoL where did you take basic training ? Shit my Drill Sergeant had us jumping all day long . We did push ups , sit-ups and bunny hopping , Dolphine diving and even croutching drills as well . It's all perfectly legit . You see when your on patrol and get ambushed the first 2 people in the squad bunny hop , one goes left , one goes right . This way you confuse the enemy and it's harder for him to hit you . Then you start Dolphine diving , this is really effective at night . Enemy can't see shit . Then you flank your enemy's positon and toss C4 at them . Works like a charm .
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6723

jonnykill wrote:

Raevin wrote:

Linus wrote:

around..
LoL where did you take basic training ? Shit my Drill Sergeant had us jumping all day long . We did push ups , sit-ups and bunny hopping , Dolphine diving and even croutching drills as well . It's all perfectly legit . You see when your on patrol and get ambushed the first 2 people in the squad bunny hop , one goes left , one goes right . This way you confuse the enemy and it's harder for him to hit you . Then you start Dolphine diving , this is really effective at night . Enemy can't see shit . Then you flank your enemy's positon and toss C4 at them . Works like a charm .
I thought you were supposed to flashbang them and then have your medic shock paddle them to death?
Esker
+1|6750
Anyone ever see that video of that video of that kid who almost gets run over by two cars but instead of running the kid simply bunny hops across the road?

Well maybe you haven't but it always reminds me of that and how fucking funny it looked yet he did it purely on instinct.
Sinister mind
+0|6688
Excuse me Mr. "I Bunny Hop in battle" When You Jumped and fired your weapon all around Kuwait and Iraq did you um....ever hit anything beside maybe the ground and wall and that camel way off to the right?
Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6696|Canada Eh?
I'm fairly certain diving for cover happens, but jumping up and down while facing the guy? Show me a Marine who does that while under enemy fire and I'll cut off my left nut
Soldier
+0|6666

jonnykill wrote:

Raevin wrote:

Linus wrote:

around..
Tossing C4!!!!! You're so full of shit. With a block of C4, you attach a detonation cord to it before setting it off. It can be a fast or slow cord. And then, you would have to be a long distance away.

First two persons in a squad bunny hop in an ambush!!!! Bullshit. You obviously haven't been in an anti-ambush drill at all.

You obviously took basic training in some computer game like Call of Duty or some place.
Sinister mind
+0|6688
Something tells me that guy was being a bit sarcastic..
Esker
+1|6750
I'm no expert but I get the feeling he was actually joking...
Soldier
+0|6666

Linus wrote:

Raevin wrote:

Linus wrote:

around..

Ive jumped and fired my weapon more times than youve played pocket pool... and thats a lot.. 

My Basic training was 20 years ago.. I dont recall if it was covered, but I can tell you without
Jumping around!!!! DOH!!! People dive for cover. No one bunnyhops in firefights. They rush from cover to cover. It's called fire movement you dope.

Gulf War veteran my ass!!!

You can't bunnyhop and aim a sniper rifle or assault rifle. Try it with your helmet, webbing, eight magazines, water bottle, grenades and assault rifle. Put your eye in the sight and bunnyhop. What you get is your squashed eyeball when you bunnyhop...

The only weapon you ever fired Mr.Gulf War Veteran is your little gun in your trousers.

Last edited by Soldier (2006-02-17 19:45:50)

Soldier
+0|6666

Esker wrote:

I'm no expert but I get the feeling he was actually joking...
You're probably right. Heh.
Esker
+1|6750
I would have thought you'd fire it from the hip whilst jumping. I don't think anyone bother aiming with ironsights anyway.

It's a bit pointless at that range anyway.

Last edited by Esker (2006-02-17 19:48:33)

OpsChief
+101|6699|Southern California

Linus wrote:

Raevin wrote:

Linus wrote:

around..

Linus,

lol man You can't mean the same as bunny hopping though lol  in the live pop-up-shoot-back firing ranges sporatic changes in movement or jumping up to get a peak or snapshots over wall is one thing but repeated vertical hopping along a wide road in the open to avoid being hit as a primary individual tactic? naaa  maybe once as you dive for cover or return fire. To answer your other question I have never seen an Army class on ITT (Ind Tactical Tng) Leap, Vertical,  Avoidance of Non-exploding Direct Fire.  I bet the USMC wouldn't have it either. We did have to do a ton of dolphin diving in Basic though (that took both hands so lol no shooting).

If center-of-mass is still the snapshoot philosophy then a human can't jump high enough to get out ot the strike area like dive and roll. A vertical jump will put the groin, knees and feet where the head, chest and abdomen were... still a hit and less armor. The bunny hopping that people complained about was BF2 allowed people to jump as high as their head vertically repeatedly without tiring. That is well above olympic class high hurdles.  Not that I minded too much about bunny hopping, it looked stupid but shooting bunny hoppers is like shooting slow fat wingless quail. Dinner is assured.

Honors to you,

Ops
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6702

Soldier wrote:

jonnykill wrote:

Raevin wrote:

Tossing C4!!!!! You're so full of shit. With a block of C4, you attach a detonation cord to it before setting it off. It can be a fast or slow cord. And then, you would have to be a long distance away.

First two persons in a squad bunny hop in an ambush!!!! Bullshit. You obviously haven't been in an anti-ambush drill at all.

You obviously took basic training in some computer game like Call of Duty or some place.
First off my post was mixed with truth and fiction . The fiction stuff was asking where that dude took basic traing and all the fun I made of doing Dolphine diving in basic training . But the truth is that yes , stachle charges were used in this manner or AT THE VERY LEAST a tactic that had been documented as being sufficient tactics enough to put into an official US Army field guide . Yes believe it or not but some times in combat you are getting overrun and special tactics are used by small numbers to defeat a larger enemy force .IE: Saving private Ryan , sticky bomb on tank, based on true battle stories blah.blah.blah. Bear in mind the chances of acutally doing this are slim as well are the chances you will even be in this situation . But it is documented . Simply though yes , the cord is long enough for you to find cover . Slap the bomb onto the tank from the sides or flank , run for cover , cover your eyes face down and keep your mouth open ( defense from blowing out your ear drums )  . Blah blah blah . The funny thing here is you thought I was for real . BTW I took basic training at FT.Sill O.K home of the field Artillery . Later I graduated and got sent to FT.Bliss TX and learned how to fire stinger missles ( do a search on 14-Sierra ) -( side note , this is why I thought the AA in the 1.2 patch was kinda weak lol ) . I landed up in the 10th mountain division and froze my ass off so don't tell me I don't know anout how to deal with an ambush heheheheheheh . Believed I learned how to Dolphine dive in -RL- hahahahahahahah OMFG lol !

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard