PureFodder
+225|6311

Kmarion wrote:

The problem is some drugs will encourage and empower people to do other criminal behavior. If this is the case they are a threat to society and should be removed.

Drugs are bad.. MmmKay.
Ban alcohol?
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6156|North Tonawanda, NY

PureFodder wrote:

Ban alcohol?
It's far too integrated in society.  Ban the ones you can.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6626|132 and Bush

sergeriver wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

The problem is some drugs will encourage and empower people to do other criminal behavior. If this is the case they are a threat to society and should be removed.

Drugs are bad.. MmmKay.
Agreed.  They are bad, but you must help these people, they are sick.  You can't punish them for being addicted.
No you shouldn't.. so long as their decisions are affecting only themselves. That is why we have state sponsored treatment centers. We also have a variety of other types of community programs (usually sponsored by charitable organizations) that offer free to low cost treatment.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6626|132 and Bush

PureFodder wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Drugs are bad.. MmmKay.
Ban alcohol?
Nope.. the same rules apply. If you make a bad decision under the influence you pay for it.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
IRONCHEF
+385|6516|Northern California

usmarine wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

Wow, you figured that all out on your own?  You actually know those reports are wrong?
Whats contributing?  Cut and paste articles?  That is not contributing, that is just cut and paste.

The stats for the US may be correct, but there is no way to compare it to the rest of the world.
Interesting, you made a point for debate!?!?  I will oblige you now to explain what you mean that you can't compare our incarceration per capita results with those of other countries in the world.  Surely other countries in the world keep some kind of records of their incarcerated?
PluggedValve
+17|6365

HudsonFalcon wrote:

PureFodder wrote:

HudsonFalcon wrote:

If you do something illegal you deserve to be in prison whether it's a violent or non-violent crime, it's just ashame we have so many people in this country that can't follow the rules.
I'll give you everything I own and everything I'll ever earn if you can find one person on this website who hasn't done anything illegal in their life.
Welcome to the conversation. We're not talking about traffic violations or jay walking, we're talking about serious criminal offenses that warrant prison time.
Yah!!  Serious crime, like buying a dime bag, or having a fancy plant in your window, non violent shoplifters and all the real serious shit. 

I'm fine with any rule that protects a person's safety from others but me buying a little bag of weed every week doesnt hurt anyone.  In the US there are enough murderer's, rapist's, pimp's and generally psycho people that you dont need the non-violent offenders behind bars.  Just do a better job with taking the violent ones out of society.

US Marine - if i am smoking a joint on my walk in the park that does absolutely no harm to you, why would you want me to be put in jail??
Its not like i jack you for cash to buy my fix.  I go to work and earn my money like everyone else. 

Now if i did Jump ya i should go to jail.  But only for the theft and possible physical damage done.

If i sold it to your 12 yar old son/ daughter then yah i should go to jail. 

I know your response, so i will thank you in advance for hitting the War on Drugs rhetoric as your response.  "Its illegal so just dont do it" 
Thank You - Wellll thought out.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6783|Argentina

Kmarion wrote:

PureFodder wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Drugs are bad.. MmmKay.
Ban alcohol?
Nope.. the same rules apply. If you make a bad decision under the influence you pay for it.
But they don't get you in jail for being in possession of alcohol.  The same rules should apply for drugs then.
PureFodder
+225|6311

Kmarion wrote:

PureFodder wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Drugs are bad.. MmmKay.
Ban alcohol?
But owning and consuming alcohol isn't a crime for some reason. You're much less likely to commit crime undert the influence of weed than booze. As far as crime goes, it makes much more sense to legalise weed and make alcohol legal.

"It's far too integrated in society.  Ban the ones you can."
Slavery was integrated into society but that got banned. Substance abuse laws have typically followed a simple law: If the poor consume it but the rich don't, it becomes illegal. In the UK at one point gin was illegal, whiskey wasn't. Crack has higher penalties than powder. Why? Look at who consumes them. Opium and cocaine were in widespread use in rich society and wasn't banned. Then the poor started using them, the rich stopped and they become illegal.
PluggedValve
+17|6365

Kmarion wrote:

PureFodder wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Drugs are bad.. MmmKay.
Ban alcohol?
Well that would make you pretty hippocritical, no???  Marijauna/ other drugs should be illegal.  But alcholhol legal.  Only punished based on the decisions made while drunk.

I agree with punishing the actions made while drunk, same goes for drugs.  Dont ban alchohol or drugs, just put em in jail if they do real crimes.  Like car-jackings or wife beating or drunk driving.

Why cant all drugs be treated the same??  Alchohol actually causes people to lose their awareness, coordination and thought process.  It is the most dangerous of the 3 drugs mentioned.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6626|132 and Bush

PureFodder wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

PureFodder wrote:

Ban alcohol?
But owning and consuming alcohol isn't a crime for some reason. You're much less likely to commit crime undert the influence of weed than booze. As far as crime goes, it makes much more sense to legalise weed and make alcohol legal.
Different debate. My point is (no matter what the drug is), if you are under the influence of any substance and it drives you to act out criminally only then should you be punished. If it doesn't effect me I don't really care what you do to your body.. victim less crime .. yada yada. Unfortunately people with drug problems often do effect others.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6626|132 and Bush

PluggedValve wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

PureFodder wrote:

Ban alcohol?
Well that would make you pretty hippocritical, no???  Marijauna/ other drugs should be illegal.  But alcholhol legal.  Only punished based on the decisions made while drunk.

I agree with punishing the actions made while drunk, same goes for drugs.  Dont ban alchohol or drugs, just put em in jail if they do real crimes.  Like car-jackings or wife beating or drunk driving.

Why cant all drugs be treated the same??  Alchohol actually causes people to lose their awareness, coordination and thought process.  It is the most dangerous of the 3 drugs mentioned.
lol@ all the people waiting to pounce on the legalize weed debate. See above.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
PureFodder
+225|6311

Kmarion wrote:

PureFodder wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Different debate. My point is (no matter what the drug is), if you are under the influence of any substance and it drives you to act out criminally only then should you be punished. If it doesn't effect me I don't really care what you do to your body.. victim less crime .. yada yada. Unfortunately people with drug problems often do effect others.
People should be punished appropriately if they commit a crime, under the influence of anything or not.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6626|132 and Bush

PureFodder wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

PureFodder wrote:

People should be punished appropriately if they commit a crime, under the influence of anything or not.
I agree. I don't know how much more straight forward I can be. The problem with drugs/alcohol is that it influences judgment. Not once have I said one is worse than the other.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6436|'Murka

topthrill05 wrote:

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

What is the state with the lowest? I see the 5.6% but no idea what state it is.

Also i thought New York would have a hell of a lot.
A common misconception is that NYC is NY, while I am sure you understand the difference you fail to see that NY is really one of the best states to live in, aside from taxes but our taxes are shown through are education system being one of the best.

Although that can be a little scary too.
Irony ftw.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
PluggedValve
+17|6365

FEOS wrote:

topthrill05 wrote:

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

What is the state with the lowest? I see the 5.6% but no idea what state it is.

Also i thought New York would have a hell of a lot.
A common misconception is that NYC is NY, while I am sure you understand the difference you fail to see that NY is really one of the best states to live in, aside from taxes but our taxes are shown through are education system being one of the best.

Although that can be a little scary too.
Irony ftw.
nice.  Thats good use of taxpayer dollars i reckon.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6431|North Carolina
Thanks to mandatory drug sentencing, wealth disparity, and thug culture, we're one of the world's incarceration superpowers in addition to our economic superpower status.

Go USA! 
PluggedValve
+17|6365

Kmarion wrote:

PluggedValve wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

lol@ all the people waiting to pounce on the legalize weed debate. See above.
Your right Kmarion.  There is a reason though.  It goes hand in hand with the topic.  There are like a million people in jail on drug charges that are non violent offenders.  But yah legalizing weed would definetely help your crowded prison problem.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6721|NJ
Hmm is there a way to compare to the rest of the world?
Turquoise
O Canada

cpt.fass1 wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, there is only one country with a higher rate than us.  Russia.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6436|'Murka

PluggedValve wrote:

Rrrriiiggghhhtttt.

Because none of those things happen to people smoking pot or crack (the other two mentioned).
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6626|132 and Bush

Stats are not necessarily indicative to amount of actual criminal behavior obviously.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada

FEOS wrote:

PluggedValve wrote:

Rrrriiiggghhhtttt.

Because none of those things happen to people smoking pot or crack (the other two mentioned).
Alcohol does more damage to society that pot, but yeah, crack is much worse.

What does longer lasting damage to society is the War on Drugs itself though.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6626|132 and Bush

Turquoise wrote:

FEOS wrote:

PluggedValve wrote:

Rrrriiiggghhhtttt.

It might have something to do with it being legal, and thus more readily available .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6721|NJ

Turquoise wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, there is only one country with a higher rate than us.  Russia.
Well usually when Prison numbers are up it mean a declining economy.. More people out there having trouble managing= more crimes being committed to feed families and pay bills..

Other things that can be attributed to this are ridiculously high fines and tickets for motor vehicle violations.. Yes you can get locked up for driving with a suspended license, even if you didn't know it was suspended.. So basically getting away from the drug debate, the US has allot of ridicules laws that aren't necessary.
Turquoise
O Canada

Kmarion wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Rrrriiiggghhhtttt.

It might have something to do with it being legal, and thus more readily available .
Alcohol and nicotine have been proven to be far more addictive than THC.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard