Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Harry:“I would never want to put someone else’s life in danger when they have to sit next to the bullet magnet.”

https://i25.tinypic.com/2nrczr4.jpg

The story itself is genuinely awesome — he’s seen action, called in airstrikes, and done patrols. ”I’m still a little bit conscious not to show my face too much, in and around the area”, and got the word about his deployment from grandma herself — but the brass is none too happy that his cover’s been blown. British chief of staff Gen. Dannatt:

“Now that the story is in the public domain, the Chief of Defense Staff and I will take advice from the operational commanders about whether his deployment can continue,” the statement added. “I now appeal to the media to restrain from attempting to report Prince Harry’s every move and return to our understanding.”…

“I am very disappointed that foreign Web sites have decided to run this story without consulting us.

“This is in stark contrast to the highly responsible attitude that the whole of the U.K. print and broadcast media, along with a small number of overseas, who have entered into an understanding with us over the coverage of Prince Harry on operations.
https://i26.tinypic.com/9kxezl.jpg
Click Image to watch.. awesome.

Did Drudge really break the embargo or did someone politely invite him to do so? There’s been a lot of pressure on the Europeans lately to ramp up their NATO commitment in Afghanistan; showing off a royal (and a son of Diana, no less) walking the beat and kicking jihadi ass is a nifty way to boost morale and emphasize that commitment.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6649
Good on him even though he is potentially a risk to other soldier's lives just by being there.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6552|Scotland
Why can't they keep their mouth shut?

This could spark kidnap attempts etc off = /
daddyofdeath
A REAL Combat Engineer in the house
+187|6253|UK Bradford W,Yorks. Age 27

White-Fusion wrote:

Why can't they keep their mouth shut?

This could spark kidnap attempts etc off = /
Media's response to that would be freedom of information and shit. It's bollocks, they are just out to sell their rag.
RECONDO67
+60|6636|miami FL
he should be next in line to the crown not hes fag father or he's cutie pie brother
Sorcerer0513
+18|6542|Outer Space
Christbane
+51|6235
im sure he could have avoided deployment if he wanted to.   very cool that he serves along side his men.    too bad the media had to fuck it all up.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Was that like 5 minutes ago?
It's 18:44 gmt now right?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
c14u53w172
+31|5998|tomania
well, i'm actually surprised that they were able to keep it a secret for such a long time

now hunting season has begun

imagine the taliban killing or even kidnapping a british prince...

Last edited by c14u53w172 (2008-02-28 10:46:45)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

He might have wanted the media to know?... this is how I roll.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
siciliano732
+202|6649|New York
Good for him. Im proud of him.

I think here in the US they should bring back that manditory 2-4 yrs in the armed forces for young men.  I really mean that too.

i think thats one way to get this country back to where it used to be.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6621|London, England
gg on telling everyone (the media). now the Taliban are going to step it up a notch and now everyone's life is just that much more at risk, although if the Taliban are gonna step it up, so are their lives.

I guess it all balances out
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6463|Tyne & Wear, England
Letting the world know this is lunacy.  As Mek says the Taliban will step it up a gear. Not only is this media leak an increased danger to himself, but his fellow soldiers who are fighting alongside him.

I have a feeling letting this go public will backfire, massively.  I must say I have massive respect for him though, many other royals would have used their name and reputation to worm their way out of going to the frontlines.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6643
all we have to do now is get the Bush sisters to enlist.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
It's been a long time since people of already-established "importance" fought on the front line. I guess the last time that occured was when Haile Selassie (Ethiopian leader) fought alongside the troops to defend his country against Fascist Italy in WW2 (actually it was abit before WW2).

I think
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Was Castro already a huge important figure before he started fighting, or was it the fighting/revoulution/whatever Cuba did that made him such. That's what I'm trying to make a difference about.

Like how alot of US Presidents served before they became President, but it's unlikely that a President would go on the front line whilst he is still a President
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6690|Tampa Bay Florida

Mek-Izzle wrote:

gg on telling everyone (the media). now the Taliban are going to step it up a notch and now everyone's life is just that much more at risk, although if the Taliban are gonna step it up, so are their lives.

I guess it all balances out
Taliban stepping it up...

honestly that's a lot worse for the Taliban than it is for the British.  If anything, we need them to come out of the woodwork.. from what I've read about Afgahnistan we've taken them on 10 to 1 and still kicked their ass.
NantanCochise
+55|5978|Portugal/United States

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

all we have to do now is get the Bush sisters to enlist.
Lol...
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6643
if you wanna say that about castro, you could say the same thing about Eisenhauer, Kennedy, Carter, Bush Sr and even Bush Jr.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6810|Nårvei

Kennedy was a rich kid i guess, was he in a war ? ... Korea ?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6643
try WW2
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Kennedy etc.. weren't really "famous" when they went to war. Well not on the level that Ginger Harry is in terms of "fame" and "social importance" at the time of fighting (I wanna emphasise the quotes because I think it's all BS)
IRONCHEF
+385|6491|Northern California
Typical of Drudge, thinking of their propagandizing selves... 

I believe this is old news btw, we already knew there was debate about him deploying to Afghanistan after he finished training, we just never heard the "if/when" I think.
mikkel
+383|6601
How can monarchies, even constitutional ones, be appreciated by anyone other than the subservient sheep living vicariously through tabloids?

I can appreciate culture, but there's a different between culture and throwing government money at people for nothing other than being born into a certain family. I don't even agree with involuntary subsidy of deliberately unemployed scum, let alone pompous multi-millionaires with nothing but bloodline to justify it.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6643

IRONCHEF wrote:

Typical of Drudge, thinking of their propagandizing selves... 

I believe this is old news btw, we already knew there was debate about him deploying to Afghanistan after he finished training, we just never heard the "if/when" I think.
the debate was over him going to Iraq, not afghanistan

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard