GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6829|Anaheim, CA

Better not be Vista only.  I don't want to upgrade til they fix Vista.
FragPuss2409
+2|6819
yeah i'll be pissed if it's vista only, although most games that are vista only so far are ones microsoft have a direct involvement in, like halo 3 etc
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6434|Penrith,Nsw, Aus
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6830|Bulgaria

FragPuss2409 wrote:

i (and all my friends) hated 2142 lol, even more then bfv
haha, I agree!
BlackyCarmichael
Snipe ya face
+4|6039|Mass.

smartdude992 wrote:

I was reading up on bf3 yesterday, there seems to be nothin on it other than the release to the marketer.  I read it was vista only...does anyone know if vista will run on a p4?
you really have to change your user name
FragPuss2409
+2|6819

BlackyCarmichael wrote:

smartdude992 wrote:

I was reading up on bf3 yesterday, there seems to be nothin on it other than the release to the marketer.  I read it was vista only...does anyone know if vista will run on a p4?
you really have to change your user name
HAHA zing!
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6670|Canada

smartdude992 wrote:

HellHead wrote:

I can´t help to notice how unfitting your username is compared to your thread here...
i know hardware, not software...i'm also working on switchin to linux on all boxes other than my gaming box, but go ahead and quiz me
What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6196|what

destruktion_6143 wrote:

smartdude992 wrote:

HellHead wrote:

I can´t help to notice how unfitting your username is compared to your thread here...
i know hardware, not software...i'm also working on switchin to linux on all boxes other than my gaming box, but go ahead and quiz me
What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
That depends. An African or European?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Volatile
+252|6748|Sextupling in Empire

I hate these threads with a passion. I see the title, and immediately get my hopes up that the next installment is on its way. I open the thread and there is nothing but speculation.
FragPuss2409
+2|6819

Volatile wrote:

I hate these threads with a passion. I see the title, and immediately get my hopes up that the next installment is on its way. I open the thread and there is nothing but speculation.
Yet you never learn
Volatile
+252|6748|Sextupling in Empire

FragPuss2409 wrote:

Volatile wrote:

Yet you never learn
Optimism FTL.
HSG
+23|6517|British Columbia, Canada
It wont be vista only cus windows 7 is coming out 2009.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6196|what

HSG wrote:

lol. So nobody will be using xp or vista in '09.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6595|Scotland

HSG wrote:

Bullshit
FragPuss2409
+2|6819
i have to agree with white-fusion on this one, windows 7 sounds like bullshit, unless its like windows me and 2000, same timeframe but different O/S
HSG
wow, google it or something.
FragPuss2409
+2|6819
just did, while it does exist the earliest release i could find for it is pencilled in for late 2010
HSG
Possibly beta 09
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6686|can
Gimme a source.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6830|Bulgaria
Win XP ftw!!
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6593|CH/BR - in UK

I swear to god - if they try anything other than modern combat I will murder something... 2142 was ok, but not great (except for the ranking/unlocks system) and we've had enough fucking WW1/2 to last...forever. I don't get why the US is so obsessed with that time...

edit:

GuliblGuy wrote:

Better not be Vista only.  I don't want to upgrade til they fix Vista.
I've been running Vista for a year and I've had not one problem with it. I doubt you know what you're talking about - just another person on the "I hate Microsoft's new products" bandwagon.

-konfusion

Last edited by konfusion (2008-02-28 00:20:02)

thepilot91
+64|6279|Åland!
it will not be vista only but what ive read so far it wount be compatable with xp i dont give a rats ass if its compatable with vista or not but no xp :'(

here is the site i saw it at : http://www.digitalbattle.com/2007/10/09 … aked-info/

Last edited by thepilot91 (2008-02-28 00:26:18)

RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6523|Somewhere else

thepilot91 wrote:

it will not be vista only but what ive read so far it wount be compatable with xp i dont give a rats ass if its compatable with vista or not but no xp :'(
This all seems to be speculation.  Plus, from what I can tell, there isn't a WHOLE LOT of advantage to upgrading to vista, gaming wise.  I doubt EA will cut out XP, and potentially lose many customers in the process.  Games, for a long time, have always come out as compatible with the older Windows OS's.  I don't see whay that would change considering that the compatability issues between Xp programs working on vista is not a big issue right now. It's an issue, but most programs have little to no problem right now, from what I understand anyhow.
FragPuss2409
+2|6819
anyway the vista only games are only vista only because they require DX10 to run, and DX 10 is meant to be vista only, but there are plenty of DX10 hacked to work for xp files out there from the scenes, i don't advocate the downloading of free games that they do, but i also don't advocate the companies trying to make people shell out for a new windows just to run their new game

@konfusion - i agree there are too many ww2 games kicking about, i wouldnt mind battlefield vietnam made right though, i do like the idea of bf2142, just the way it was implemented was severly lacking, the idea behind titan mode was interesting tho, but i am curious why we dont have military walkers like are in the game tho, i mean just enlarge a robosapien
Schittloaf
not fulla schit
+23|5946|MN
I just hope BF3 isnt like other new games I have seen . If it only runs on vista thats ok . my vista runs just fine  better than xp pro.  I remember when people thought '98 was the schit. when xp came out people complained . wow few years later and only 2 service packs . I think most people just dont like change . listen if you want a better graphic you need to go to next level with dx10 .

now on BF3 note . if they make it like a console game i will be dissapointed.  however if the pc version is uber better that would be ok if they have a version of both .  really though just please dont make the rank as fast as call of duty 4 . it  got alittle boring after making 5 star. 

what would be cool is part of the game where you can chill in a stripperbar ... lol

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard