Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6768|Singapore
Did u guys ever watched Stealth? Did u see the missiles never touched the guy because he used the after burners and chaff and flare? I think Bf2 should adopt the same principle. If u use your after burners, the missiles can chase u yes, but if u drop on speed, you're screwed:P
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6867

Ayumiz wrote:

Did u guys ever watched Stealth? Did u see the missiles never touched the guy because he used the after burners and chaff and flare? I think Bf2 should adopt the same principle. If u use your after burners, the missiles can chase u yes, but if u drop on speed, you're screwed:P
Yes, I agree, you should be able to somewhat out run the missles... maybe even fly by a friendly helo and make the missle hit the helo.. lol.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6799|Dallas
WHAAAAAAAA  WHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!  Here's your fucking bottle *pop*, now STFU!

I'm so happy to come on here and see the pilots crapping themselves and saying "IT NOT FAIRZORS!!!11".  Well guess what pig fuckers, it hasn't been fair for us folks on the ground for ALMOST A YEAR!!  Before the only thing taking down a plane was another plane.  Didn't have a good pilot on your team?  Well it sucks to be you then.  I was getting sick and tired of watching the MiGs on Zatar Wetlands bomb the hill over and over and over and over and over again without even taking a scratch while the guy in the AA is shooting 5-10 missles with out hitting shit and then getting wasted by the machine gun of a MiG a mile and a half away.

Welcome to the suck flyboys, this patch seperates the real flyboys from the wanna-be's.  As far as all you whiny ass wanna-be's go, it's time to bust out those combat boots and get in the mud like everyone else.
Pizall
+0|6761|N.C.

Cougar wrote:

WHAAAAAAAA  WHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!  Here's your fucking bottle *pop*, now STFU!

I'm so happy to come on here and see the pilots crapping themselves and saying "IT NOT FAIRZORS!!!11".  Well guess what pig fuckers, it hasn't been fair for us folks on the ground for ALMOST A YEAR!!  Before the only thing taking down a plane was another plane.  Didn't have a good pilot on your team?  Well it sucks to be you then.  I was getting sick and tired of watching the MiGs on Zatar Wetlands bomb the hill over and over and over and over and over again without even taking a scratch while the guy in the AA is shooting 5-10 missles with out hitting shit and then getting wasted by the machine gun of a MiG a mile and a half away.

Welcome to the suck flyboys, this patch seperates the real flyboys from the wanna-be's.  As far as all you whiny ass wanna-be's go, it's time to bust out those combat boots and get in the mud like everyone else.
I agree, tought shit for those plane and heli whores its our time now. Yall have been rapping the forces on the ground long enough. Suck it up and learn to fight on foot like the rest of us. BIIIIITTCHSSS
Torin
+52|6726
Amazing, the ground pounders still coming in here saying "It's our time now!". LOL.

Anyways, at least I have something I can do while I'm eating dinner at the same time, use the AA! Keep 1 finger not greasy and use that to line up targets and fire.

Yes ground pounders, it's "tough shit" for us pilots, and we're crying ourselves to sleep at night! ROFL. Yeah, keep dreaming.
Hansim
+1|6772

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

... I'm not "bitching" about AA anymore. It was an overreaction on my(and a few other's) part for the first few games because It seemed worse than it actually was. Although I think Air to Air combat should be a little harder...
Glad to read this, =[4th]=SlayThem!

Look, i am still °still° learning and doing a lot of practice with friends, but i am still far away from your stats. Currently i have about  4,400 Kills, 686 Death and about 390 Roadkills as aviator. Yes, i know, my stats as aviator are really neither the best nor even decent, compared to yours or other flight-aces, but i grant you that i still have a lot of fun with flying jets . As i started piloting i read [Canada]_Zenmasters postings and sucked up every video he made. Just awsome his postings and video-material.
Basically i am able to understand your °overreaction°, so did i too - wtf is going on, i thought, being first hit by two AA in a very narrow fast 180 turn in a J-10 after the patch 1.2. Today i went through some rounds with 25/4 and this is enough for me, better said a pleasant experience, since it was really very, very hard to achieve - at least for me. It appealed like the enemy shot from all AAs available, including cars and tanks LOL - reminded me to some TV-reportage on IRAK-night-rumble with all the AA-fire in the air.

=[4th]=SlayThem - i am absolutely sure, that in the middle to long run, pilots like you will even more profit from this patch 1.2 than bad to medium skilled jet-pilots will. Why? Simply, because you are NOW ambitious to deal with the AA-power and for sure °you° will get it, since you will not even stop (i think you would even die for that ) till you can hadle it. Others have either not the time to experiment or invest that amount of time or even do not really care.
In consequence the difference between very good jet-pilots and mediocre ones will get even more obvious - Congrats Man !
dracul
+2|6842
If u use your after burners, the missiles can chase u yes, but if u drop on speed, you're screwed:P
ROFL. You guys realize in the movie "stealth" they were hypotheticle "HYPER" sonic jets right?

You realize that MODERN sams are 2-3x as fast as regular "Super" sonic jets right?

Last edited by dracul (2006-02-17 07:33:19)

StokoE
Losers-Server
+51|6875|UK

cohen1976 wrote:

. futher i noticed that while having no air force on both sides destroys the fun.
almost none of the flags where taken cuz some tank whores with suplies keep defending some flags.
Isnt that the aim of the game numbnuts ??
Torin
+52|6726

dracul wrote:

If u use your after burners, the missiles can chase u yes, but if u drop on speed, you're screwed:P
ROFL. You guys realize in the movie "stealth" they were hypotheticle "HYPER" sonic jets right?

You realize that MODERN sams are 2-3x as fast as regular "Super" sonic jets right?
Even more reason why they shouldn't be able to turn on a dime.
dracul
+2|6842

Torin wrote:

Even more reason why they shouldn't be able to turn on a dime.
Sorry mate, but momentum is mass x velocity.

They might be 2x going as fast as an f-35, but it still only weighs 10kg, but a loaded f-35 weight 19 THOUSAND kilos. so that means it has around 2000x less mass to push around. The idea that a jet should be somehow more maneuverable is rather freaking ludicrous.
Torin
+52|6726
I never said a jet should be more maneuverable, but the AA in BF2 can turn on a dime, literally. I'd say they are only about 5000x times more maneuverable than the aircraft. The only thing that prevents every single AA missiles from hitting it's target is that they are really buggy now. I've had AA missiles following me through a deep bank at 1300mph where 1 missiles would bug out, go crazy and fly off in some random direction, and the other missiles impact on me. And for some reason, it seems like they are flying sideways when following you through sharp turns.

I've also had AA missiles fly past me and do a 180 instantly and fly back into me. That stuff is just silly.

I'm all for a more effective AA, but it seems like a completely buggy implementation of it.
rustynutz
I am British!
+124|6717|England and damn proud
although the AA pissess me off as the next pilot in the next 2-3 weeks all this shit would have passed and very few will be using support and not many ppl will be in the AA so ground pounders beware we will rise again.....
Torin
+52|6726
I've still got people complaining about me owning them in a jet. It's kind of even worse now that they think this "improved" AA should always take me down, especially the guys that get into the AA the entire round to shoot you down.
Bubba_Bubberson
I crap bigger than you
+0|6747|America!! Fuck Yeah!!!

Ayumiz wrote:

Did u guys ever watched Stealth?
I don't think anyone watched Stealth.

Seriously though, I played vanilla last night for the first time with 1.2.  After reading all these posts started by all the pissed off flyboys, I was ready to get my AA action on.  Well, guess what, nothing has changed as far as I'm concerned.  I still got bombs dropped on my head and missiles up my ass.  Yes, I did get to kill a plane or two, but to me it was not worth it, I just continued my ground pounding.  The pilots still had the best scores in the game.  Granted, they were not the 100-200 point slaughter fests they were probably used to, but they still owned the map.

I am going to be honest with you all, when I found out what the patch was going to do to the AA and jet/helo armor, I actually felt sorry for all the pilots out there.  I had visions of choppers and aircraft not even being able to get off the ground.  But now after seeing the patch in action, I no longer feel sorry for the pilots out there.

Bottom line is that if you were a good pilot before the patch, you are still a good pilot after the patch.  You are going to die a few more times per round than before, and I can understand how that is going to piss you off at first, but you will eventually get used to it.  As a ground pounder, I did.
DonWanKiddick
+1|6680

DeathsTouch wrote:

Wow, nice finally new chopper challenges. Time to improve my manuevering with the apache

GG EA, the new AA is awesome
now this guys got the right attitude!! hats off to ya sir! you are one of the few who has the skills as a pilot! can i be ur gunner?......to the other guy above you...yes i also noticed no difference, except of course more peeps will use AA and they will think its the be all and end all of air defence.....nah.....it still takes skill to time the firing etc...(small skill) they will prolly use it for a few days realise its not that much different and go back to their old ways...ive taken down more choppers with a mounted 50cal in a truck and a tank than with AA...and it aint easy to take out a chopper in a tank unless the pilot is inexperienced or he has a poor gunner!

Last edited by DonWanKiddick (2006-02-17 08:19:53)

General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6735|England, UK

Torin wrote:

I've still got people complaining about me owning them in a jet. It's kind of even worse now that they think this "improved" AA should always take me down, especially the guys that get into the AA the entire round to shoot you down.
Air power fearing no skill noobs expect to be able to shoot down a jet/heli with one shot. Just proves the point that they are noobs.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6799|Dallas

Torin wrote:

Amazing, the ground pounders still coming in here saying "It's our time now!". LOL.

Yes ground pounders, it's "tough shit" for us pilots, and we're crying ourselves to sleep at night! ROFL. Yeah, keep dreaming.
Well, I wouldn't say something like that if I HADN'T ALREADY READ 27 PAGES WORTH OF PILOTS WHINING AND MOANING LIKE A GROUP OF CHEERLEADERS ON THE RAG!

I hope you choke on your dinner.
doxy
+74|6825|Nevis

imdead wrote:

My sister's daughter eats rocks.
lol

i think, i'll go for AA ribbon and AA badge tonight.

Last edited by doxy (2006-02-17 08:53:32)

-=THC_RU=-
+0|6743

Torin wrote:

exacty, still the same crying about being plane/chopper whore, I mean we are being served on platter for every n00b wannabe, and still cant do shit.

I still get my 40-0 IAR, so whatever
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6867

Hansim wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

... I'm not "bitching" about AA anymore. It was an overreaction on my(and a few other's) part for the first few games because It seemed worse than it actually was. Although I think Air to Air combat should be a little harder...
Glad to read this, =[4th]=SlayThem!

Look, i am still °still° learning and doing a lot of practice with friends, but i am still far away from your stats. Currently i have about  4,400 Kills, 686 Death and about 390 Roadkills as aviator. Yes, i know, my stats as aviator are really neither the best nor even decent, compared to yours or other flight-aces, but i grant you that i still have a lot of fun with flying jets . As i started piloting i read [Canada]_Zenmasters postings and sucked up every video he made. Just awsome his postings and video-material.
Basically i am able to understand your °overreaction°, so did i too - wtf is going on, i thought, being first hit by two AA in a very narrow fast 180 turn in a J-10 after the patch 1.2. Today i went through some rounds with 25/4 and this is enough for me, better said a pleasant experience, since it was really very, very hard to achieve - at least for me. It appealed like the enemy shot from all AAs available, including cars and tanks LOL - reminded me to some TV-reportage on IRAK-night-rumble with all the AA-fire in the air.

=[4th]=SlayThem - i am absolutely sure, that in the middle to long run, pilots like you will even more profit from this patch 1.2 than bad to medium skilled jet-pilots will. Why? Simply, because you are NOW ambitious to deal with the AA-power and for sure °you° will get it, since you will not even stop (i think you would even die for that ) till you can hadle it. Others have either not the time to experiment or invest that amount of time or even do not really care.
In consequence the difference between very good jet-pilots and mediocre ones will get even more obvious - Congrats Man !
My stats aren't much better than yours... I'd say your a decent pilot. Take a look at your ranking on the leaderboards. then take a look at people above for the next.. 100 spots... they're only about 5 to 10 kills ahead of you, and then they have about 400 more deaths. You and I are probably the same skill level.. we're decent pilots. Every day that I fly, I go up about... 100 to 200 places.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6867

-=THC_RU=- wrote:

Torin wrote:

exacty, still the same crying about being plane/chopper whore, I mean we are being served on platter for every n00b wannabe, and still cant do shit.

It's because they want the skill handed to them, like everything else.. take the LMGs for instance. Everyone whined about them rather than getting use to how they fire. but now everyone that picks it up is a class A marksman.
Raevin
+0|6684

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

-=THC_RU=- wrote:

Torin wrote:

It's because they want the skill handed to them, like everything else.. take the LMGs for instance. Everyone whined about them rather than getting use to how they fire. but now everyone that picks it up is a class A marksman.
I see quite a bit of contradiction in some of the above statements...especially in a thread that is basically 27 pages worth of complaining about AA by chopper/jet pilots who are having a hard time "adjusting" their tactics.

Yes, there are the few exceptional pilots that can defend themselves against stationary AA units (mobile AA units tend to have more weaponry to protect themselves)...however, here's where I get confused about many of the "n00b" stances and comments.

You guys claim that they handed the game over to "talentless n00bs"...but, I ask you...did they hand power to "talentless n00bs" or did they take power away from "talentless n00bs?"  Perhaps all they did was take power away from one group of "talentless n00bs" and give it to another group.  The balance of power is still there.  It just shifted from one spot to another.  Now, "talentless n00bs" that decide to fly will get shot out of the sky...and by the same token, an inexperienced AA user can also expect the same fate if he tries to outgun an experienced pilot.

Regarding LMG's...I haven't found them to be much more of a problem now than they were before.  Only a fool would try to outgun a purpose built machine gun with a carbine or even an assault rifle....UNLESS they get the jump on the MG'er.  If the MG'er is already prone and pointed at you, then he SHOULD have the upperhand 99% of the time...that's what they were built for...putting a high amount of lead downrange in a very short amount of time.
Torin
+52|6726

Cougar wrote:

Torin wrote:

Well, I wouldn't say something like that if I HADN'T ALREADY READ 27 PAGES WORTH OF PILOTS WHINING AND MOANING LIKE A GROUP OF CHEERLEADERS ON THE RAG!

More like 2 pages of pilots whining at the start, 23 pages worth of ground pounders saying "Time to die flyboys!" and 2 pages at the end of pilots saying "Well this AA still isn't very good, I'm still pulling down 40:0 rounds."

So, try reading the thread nooblet!
Raevin
+0|6684

Torin wrote:

Cougar wrote:

Torin wrote:

More like 2 pages of pilots whining at the start, 23 pages worth of ground pounders saying "Time to die flyboys!" and 2 pages at the end of pilots saying "Well this AA still isn't very good, I'm still pulling down 40:0 rounds."

Let's count the number of threads that involve people complaining about the new patch and (usually) it's new AA system vs. the number of threads that have been created by "ground pounders" praising it.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6729|Howell, Mi USA

Torin wrote:

Cougar wrote:

Torin wrote:

is that counting the other 50,000 topics, besides this one, titled "fucking AA" "I hate the new AA" and other pilots bitchin.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard