vonSteuben
+3|6741|Essen - Germany
I played SWG for a long time. Then Sony changed the whole game with their updates. I didn't like it anymore.
I didn't moan and bitch on the boards there, I cancelled my account and uninstalled SWG.

I played WoW for a long time. Then Blizzard added a patch and messed up the chat channels, so that I wasn't able to use the english language pack anymore and would have had to use the terrible german localised client. I didn't like that. I didn't moan and bitch on the boards there, I cancelled my account and have it in hibernation until the problem is fixed again. (Or until the day I decide to uninstall it because it doesn't interest me anymore)

I never understood the people that seem to go to the boards with the goal to spoil the fun for the people that like a game. Is it a "I don't like it, so I will make sure you don't as well"?  I never understood the people that seem to go to the boards with the sole purpose to insult the people that enjoy the game or the company.

I understood those that opened a topic and wrote "It has been fun while it lasted, now I am leaving, it is no fun for me anymore." But when someone throws a tantrum or has the need to be a Drama Queen I usually just shake my head.

Sometimes it is just time to move on to something new. And I defiently am not masochistic enough to stay with something I don't like and I am definetly too stingy to pay for something I don't like or even spend time thinking about it or even spend time to write up rants.

I for my part like the idea of Boosterpacks, I have no problem to shelf out some money every now and than for an addon, as long as I like the franchise. One day something new will come along and pull my attention from BF2 and all addons/Boosterpacks. So.... I probably will open a "Good Bye" thread for those that know me and who I played with every now and then. I will wish the ones that will keep playing fun with the game and then I will close the door and head over to the new.

But that might just be me.

See ya,
vonSteuben
OaksMokedBacon
+0|6745|Dundee, Scotland
thats probabaly the most sensible post i have ever read on this forum!
HellSibling
+0|6840
wow...a company that wants to make more money...and people that will buy products that they complain bitterly about averytime they buy it..which is how many times now?

so, what i get from all the whiners is that they want the company to make a product that works flawlessly...and does not BF2 work? it sure does, i have lots of fun playing. it has glitches and bugs??  well fuck me, what piece of software has ever come on the market without having some bugs?  c'mon whiners, tell me of one mainstream game that has come on the scene without ever having to have some sort of upgrade/patch/whatever before everyone is happy with it...oh right, here is the other flaw, nothing to do with the game but with the users.  no matter what you do to a game, there is always going to be some shitheel that thinks its a POS.  suck it up girls, nothing is perfect, ever... most of these whiners won't admit that the majority of their problems are likely their elite rigs that overclocked waay beyond manufacturers specs and would crap out playing a remake of space invaders. 

the bottom line...the game works, it has glitches, get over it and quit blaming EA/DICE for making a faulty product.  a faulty product would not actually work at all.  so what if the company wants to make more money?  if you don't like what they sell then, as mentioned multiple times in multiple posts, DON'T BUY EA PRODUCTS.  this also goes for all the microsoft haters out there and game maker haters, gee, if they suck soooo bad, why don't you start a company and make your own perfect game/OS?  why? because you suck at it...it's to bad there isn't a way to make money from being a whiner...oh wait, there is, you can get into politics...
HellSibling
+0|6840
what vonSteuban said, excellent post...kudo's to you.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard